Holy Crap I bought a Ferrari! | FerrariChat

Holy Crap I bought a Ferrari!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ForzaYYZ, Aug 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaYYZ

ForzaYYZ Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    After a few years of lurking and researching, I have taken the giant plunge and purchased my first Ferrari, a beautiful 360 Modena! Flew across the country to inspect with my son and awaiting it's arrival soon. This is a big deal for me - I am not a wealthy person and have worked very hard my whole life for my family and my terrific wife agreed it was time for a huge reward / trophy. I took all the advise here and from referred sites like Aldous Voice and paid more for a well documented, lower mileage very cared-for vehicle with recent major service. My 22 year old son's jaw dropped when we visited the car (that alone was priceless). I'm shaking with excitement and nervousness too as I await it's arrival.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bryanp, Omega.PO85, Vegas CS and 25 others like this.
  2. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    ForzaYYZ likes this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Congrats!!! A hearty welcome friend! Let's try those photos one more time though.

Cheers

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  4. ForzaYYZ

ForzaYYZ Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    #4 ForzaYYZ, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    I think I figured the photo's out now...

2001 F1...with all tools, manuals, service history from day 1, Tubi exhaust and rear challenge grill.
    Just missing that darn flashlight.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

randkin, Doug., Oengus and 29 others like this.
  5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Beautiful rig. Congratulations and enjoy it in good health. The excitement associated with anticipating the car's arrival is beyond euphoric.

c8spidey, LARRYH and ForzaYYZ like this.
  6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats and I wish you good luck with it.

I hope you have a late winter up there so you'll have more time to enjoy it!

Reacherman1022 and ForzaYYZ like this.
  7. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Flashlights appear for sale from time to time here in the Classifieds.
    Congrats and have fun!

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  8. asphaltcowboy

asphaltcowboy Rookie

Aug 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Luan Minucci
    Congrats to you sir! Nice to see another dream coming true.

Reacherman1022 and ForzaYYZ like this.
  9. ForzaYYZ

ForzaYYZ Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Going to give Mike at Yellow Compass a shout out here, even though he won't remember me and didn't sell me this car. Mike took my call 2 years ago, just to talk Ferrari's and shared some insights around buying and suggested the model I wound up buying. We talked twice, and for more than an hour each time. He didn't even try to sell me a car, was just very helpful and although I've kept my eye out to his offers, it's just never worked out for me to buy from Mike. I should mention i'm in Canada. Thanks Mike.

MVPJEFFMVP, NYC Fred, Boots and 8 others like this.
  10. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    Drive in good health!

Cheers

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  11. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Congratulations- just took delivery of my first about a month ago. You’re going to absolutely love it.

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My advice is this:

"when you buy a Ferrari you marry your mechanic".

Awesome cars but remember, they are not a Lexus. That being said, she looks fantastic. Congratulations!

13. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congrats!

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  14. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Bella Machina. You will enjoy her very much and with the tubi 4,000 rpm plus will be aural heaven especially when going through a tunnel. I recommend you visit the 360 forum you find a lot of helpful information.

One word of advice, the more you drive a Ferrari the better it goes so forget the mileage anxiety many seem to have here and drive.

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Congrats! A beautiful car. I wish you and your son many many happy miles.
    I pinged Mike (@Yellow Compass ) so that he knows you spoke highly of him.

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  16. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Congratulations fellow Canadian....what a stunning, clean and fantastic car!!

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  17. Pedronz

Pedronz Rookie

Jul 14, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Peter C Andrew (Pedro)
    I’m sure you’ve researched reverse gear use, and brake riding/clutch damage.
    Beautiful condition from the pic, enjoy and share the dream

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  18. nicolaprince

nicolaprince Karting

May 16, 2021
    Bologna, Italy
    Full Name:
    Nicola Prince
    OOOhhh wow! She's sooo beautiful! Many congratulations to you! I got mine days earlier than you, at the end of july.
    Wife was not exactly supportive, but agreed it was a personal decision and that I could no longer do without, ahahah :):):)

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  19. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Many congrats sir. From one CDN to another, enjoy the drive!

tantumaude and ForzaYYZ like this.
  20. nicolaprince

nicolaprince Karting

May 16, 2021
    Bologna, Italy
    Full Name:
    Nicola Prince
    As an addition to my earlier message, I believe that your car, configured exactly like this, red on tan with the challenge rear grill, is the most beautiful of the post-Enzo era. I still remember how gorgeous it looked in metallic blue when I saw it presented at the Turin motorshow in 1999.
    After my first Ferrari I just got few weeks ago, a red 360 with the manual gearshift would be the second or the third Ferrari that I'd like to add - but my garage has only one place and my bank account is still crying! :)

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  21. ForzaYYZ

ForzaYYZ Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Hi Guys, thanks for the well wishes. Well - got my first lesson in Ferrari ownership I hope other first-time buyers learn from. The dealer talked me out of doing a PPI at a Ferrari dealer when I bought, citing the terrific condition, recent major service and clutch reading and complete maintenance bills since the car’s birth. My (“huge”) mistake.

Once delivered at my Ferrari mechanic shop, a quick computer diagnostic and road test confirmed bad shifting into 3rd and 4th. F1 pumps, sensors and adjustments improved car’s performance at significant unexpected cost to me. Worse, they tell me I’ll need a gearbox rebuild sometime soon. Luckily my wife is incredibly understanding - but my heart dropped into my stomach that morning. I still hadn’t even driven my car as new owner. This will hopefully be the last of big surprises. I have enjoyed first few drives with my son since.

22. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Be interesting to know what dealer pulled this off.
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. The good news is?
    Life is short. You can always make more money. AND, you own a gorgeous Ferrari!

enjoy in great health

ForzaYYZ likes this.
  23. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Congrats on the purchase - get past this issue and u will enjoy the car.
    I bought mine new in 2003 and still have it, @10K miles. Although my driving is limited
    every time i do drive it, i love it. I do think it is one of the best looking ever.

rampante550 and ForzaYYZ like this.
  24. ForzaYYZ

ForzaYYZ Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Silver lining to my last note about surprise repairs due to no PPI. I shared the F1 repair receipts with the dealer, requesting compensation, citing his verbal guarantee car was fit per service history. 1 phone call and a few texts later, and he agreed to split the bill, with little haggling. Funds were wired within a week, and not legal forms to sign. I am a reasonable person and am quite happy with this outcome. Not sure many dealers would give back thousands of dollars like that.

Now back to fun drives and big smiles

Carbon Bits, RedApple, AshAP and 2 others like this.
  25. RedApple

RedApple Rookie

Jun 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    #25 RedApple, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Glad to hear that the dealer did not give you a hard time and was able to help you with the cost. That's awesome!

I also picked up a 2000 360 about 4 months ago. It's my first Ferrari and have always wanted to own one since birth. I have 2 boys that
    are 27 and 28 years old and they enjoy driving the car as much as I do. It's an awesome way for us to bond.

Anyway, enjoy the car!

Cheers!

Attached Files: