Holy Crap! | FerrariChat

Holy Crap!

Discussion in '360/430' started by jinferno, Jun 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jinferno

jinferno Rookie

Apr 5, 2009
    Finally got Bella back after 2 weeks ( the exhaust issue was resolved) and decided to let her breath some fresh air. Now, I've been lucky in life to have owned some cars that I thought were fast ( 911 turbo, dinan M5, sl55 amg, M3) but nothing compares to the F430. I mean its sooo frackin hard to not drive the car like you stole it . I find myself keeping the car in a lower gear so that I won't end up in jail. So, I finally get Bella on the highway. There is an on ramp that leads to about 2 miles of open territory with no exits and fairly new pavement. No cars around me..I couldn't help myself...I just had to let the girl go wild...and boy did she ever.rolled down the windows, turned the AC off and the radio...Down shifted from 6th to 5th, said a Hail Mary, and punched it. OK...watch the road...keep calm...damn the engine screams like a symphony.shifted to 6th..car is rock solid....looked at the speedo, 136 and pulling very hard..want to actually make in to my 40th birthday..slowed down( gotta love the carbon-ceramic brakes)..took a deep breath..thanked God for doing me a solid and not letting some horrible thing happen to me...I swear, it didn't feel like I was going that fast.. I know, high speeds are for the track and what I did was stupid, but...

Had to share this..anybody else have a similar tale...

J

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    A couple of weeks ago, I was turning on a nice smooth 3 three lane road with almost no traffic near my home. So, I let it loose. Floored it to the redline in first, shifted to second without lifting, and then hard on the CCB brakes to a stop light. It was meaningless but it felt good to let her rip and do what she's supposed to do.

Along the way, I passed an elderly couple driving their mini van and I felt really bad because I knew I as at the redline when I passed them. The 430 must have made a hell of noise as I went by. I was sure they would be pissed.

They pulled up to me and I sheepishly looked over. Both gave me a big "thumbs up" and smile. That made my day as much as the run. I waved and proceeded to repeat the exercise for them.

God I love that car....