Home with "dual garages" at the front | FerrariChat

Home with "dual garages" at the front

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by rnelson, Nov 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    We're currently working on selecting a home plan to build next spring on a 2 acre estate lot.

I'm trying to find photos of houses that have dual garages at the front, making the home symetrical. His and hers, if you will. I've always like that style of home, but they just aren't built around here.

If anyone has any resources, or happens to own a home like this in the 3000-5000sqft range I'd appreciate any input or photos.

Something like these. I'm not sure if there is a specific name for this garage setup...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    The problem there is that your tool boxes will be in one of the garages ... I can see putting the regular car in one of the garages though and the sports cars in the other. With a two acre lot, you can build a separate garage for your special cars.

3. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    No seperate "garages" allowed in the estate community. The idea would be to stretch both sides into 2.5 car garages for lots of space, but not so much that the garage looks to be overtaking the house.

So yes, the idea would be to have a daily driver side for the wife, and a catastrophic project disaster workshop for me. Basically she's tired of my hogging the garage while she parks outside ;)

4. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Yes, good idea. Have fun planning your garage/workshop.

Andy

5. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    I've always loved these garages.

But my favorite are the "stealthy" garages. If anyone watched Travis Barker's old show on MTV looong time ago, it had one door if I remember correctly, and went underground. It probably was a huge lot though. Not like you could do that in suburbia.

What would be cool is to have an entrance and have it go under the house, and you can store your vehicles, have lifts, just my preference. :D