Homestead Pics Feb 26 and 27 | FerrariChat

Homestead Pics Feb 26 and 27

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by wthensler, Mar 2, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    A few pics from Homestead way down south of Miami from last weekend. The infield track runs part of the oval and is about 2.2 miles. I found it to be quite technical and a lot of fun to train on…….

Sebring is next up (March 26, 27), The Glen for 4 days in May, then Road Atlanta and VIR. Chin Racing and FCA provide access to these tracks, as well as instructors and training - all excellent.

It was warm at Homestead and got a bit of brake fade again. Running with TC off reduces it greatly but doesn’t eliminate it. Hopefully the Surface Transforms rotors will do the trick. We shall see…….
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I like Homestead also. I haven’t been in years though and I don’t do events like I use to either now that I have a Ferrari.

3. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Homestead is great. Agree tracking is rough on a car…..I got four track days out of a set of rear Pagid RSC1s, that’s it. Finally I’m improving to the point I can run with TC off, which is a big saver of the rear brakes. Car is unquestionably more lively at throttle up.

If I can manage to keep it to tires and pads, I’ll consider it a victory. Last weekend a guy hit the (soft) wall on the entrance to main track after Turn 12 with his yellow 355…..just paint, but still……

With all the constant fluid changes and minor adjustments, the good news is mine is now one of the best maintained 459s on this forum, lol….

Sebring 26th and 27th, and Watkins is coming up in May.

Attached Files:

mdrums likes this.
  4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Sebring is my home track…so many miles there. My 1st track day at Sebring was 2005. Use to go 10 or more times a year. The track is brutal on brakes and suspension. I’ve seen many nice cars bruised or destroyed at DE’s.