DFW - Honda service in DFW | FerrariChat

DFW Honda service in DFW

Discussion in 'Texas' started by tomc, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    My wife & I are looking for new service options for her 2006 Ridgeline. The independent we've been using has gone downhill since an ownership change last year. The closest dealer, slow & expensive. Any recos for Honda service - independent or dealer - in DFW, preferably north suburbs?Thanks...T

2. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

We used David McDavid in Frisco when we lived in the area. We had no complaints regarding their service.

3. f1_nix

f1_nix Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2005
    Ft. Worth, TX
    We have used Honda of Fort Worth on the far west side for years and had good results. They aren't close to you but they do good work.

You might also try these guys. I've heard good things about them. http://www.dealer-alternative.com/

WJHMH likes this.
  4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I highly recommend Dealer Alternative near downtown Fort Worth, I've been a customer since the late 1990's.

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I think I'll start with the closest and give them a whirl...T

6. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I use AutoNation Honda in Lewisville for both of our Hondas. Good service.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, I will add this to my list. Does not appear from their web site that they do loaner cars. That'd make the mechanics of getting the wife's car to service and my car back much easier...T

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    There used to be an independent off of 75 somewhere around Beltline, but I can't find it now. May have gone out of business.

9. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Tom, AutoNation Honda does not provide loaners. I am not aware of any Honda dealerships in DFW that provide loaner cars, but most have courtesy shuttles.

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, that was my conclusion as well from a little online research. That will definitely make the logistics of dropping the wife's truck off for service a bit more involved...T

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    OK. Tried David McDavid. They were fast, I'll give them that. I like that they kept you abreast of progress via text. The only issues I had was that their online app let's you tick the box for a loaner car. So, I did. The morning I dropped the truck off, I am informed no loaners for oil change. ‍♂️ So, although it's not like me, I pitched major fit, asked for a higher up, kept pointing to their automated email OK-ing the loaner, and asking which is their techs was going to drive me 30 miles home.
    Anyway, I finally got a loaner.
    Truck had its 225,000 mile service (do WSMs plan for 225K services?!? ), wife is happy, I got to style around town in a Honda Civic. It's all good!

T

12. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Wow. You really expect a loaner for a $75 oil change on a 225k mile vehicle?

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lol. That's more or less what the service rep said. I told him he needed to have a stern talking-to with their web site programmer.

But, their computer said I had a loaner reserved. So, I made plans based on that.

T