Hong Kong | FerrariChat

Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Asia' started by FlyingHaggisRacing, Nov 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    In urgent need of access to any variant of a diagnostic computer that can report F1 gearbox problems.

It's going utterly bonkers today and won't drive anywhere - just keeps popping into N all the time now.

So if anyone in Hong Kong has a diagnostic computer and wouldn't mind helping.

thanks.

2. fahlmanb

fahlmanb Karting

May 14, 2014
    Mount Pleasant, MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Fahlman
    Sounds like you need a new clutch - that's the most common reason for frequent dropping out of gear. Unfortunately, to fully diagnose your problem, you will need to take it to a dealer or an independent garage specializing in Ferrari service...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

like I said, i'll bring it over in about 9 days. sorry I can't do it sooner.

4. FlyingHaggisRacing

Jul 2, 2013
    Tian2bing - yes i know - and that is still the plan.

Just yesterday it become a total ***** and decides to work for a few mins and then not.

There is a interesting sound coming from the power pack at the end of the pump charging - it makes a whistle sound for a few seconds.

5. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i seriously recommend you to buy a pump motor right now, because even if you don't have a failed pump this time, you'll need it soon.

trust me, as I have 3 pumps replaced already on my various 360s

6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

for any one charge you more than 4200 hong kong dollars for the pump, you need to talk to me for a better OEM unit. No, i am not making a profit out of u.

7. FlyingHaggisRacing

Jul 2, 2013
    I got/fitted an uprated pump supplied by jiru

And for the first day it seemed the problems were solved.
    Pumping duration of 3sec and an idle period of minutes.

Didn't last.
    Idle period has gone back to being 2sec between pumping.

Changed the pressure sensor....when taking it off showed me how much pressure is in the system = lots.

Haven't yet changed the accumulator as it's a total bxxxx to get a spanner on in situ.

But I sort of lean in the direction that one or more of the valves is leaking.

8. FlyingHaggisRacing

Jul 2, 2013
    The sound I get when the pump stops pumping sounds just like the whistle on a stream train lol.

9. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

the accumulator can be changed in situ in 2 minutes

what are you talking about???

10. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

did you replace the f1 relay? got 2 seconds in between pumping is exactly a relay fault.

if your valves are leaking, you won't get a whole lots of pressure in that sensor