Horray! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Horray!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Bart, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Yeah the race wasn't spectacular but its not Ferrari's fault its McLaren and Williams.
    Still we saw a great move that Montoya did on Button and what Fisichella did on Heidfeld. Then we saw the Ferrari victory (1 and 2)...
    Thats about it.

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I cant believe I missed the race. I jsut now found out who won. In my heart I knew who wont eh whole time though.

3. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    As much as I loved the way it ended, that was a very BORING race, may have gotten good near the end had MS not backed off, trying to lap JPM would have been fun to watch ( JPM most likely would have taken himself and MS out )

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Just another reason for MS to back off and conserve the car

Why risk a sure victory if you dont need to. I am sure Patrick Head is saying "Holy SH#* we got out butts kicked big time" today

5. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    Forza Ferrari!

6. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    I don't think any one was trying too hard over the weekend - not one wheel was knocked off in practice, qualifying or the race! :)

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yeah, but a wheel changer was knocked over ... does that count ;)

F1 rules nowadays discourage racing!

Pete

8. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    What an utter utter utter utter waste of time, on the plus side the WSB was also on TV and was a zillion times better to watch, different people on the podium each time and 794 times more overtaking. The highlight part of ESPN where they had 4 overtaking manouvres as the 4 most riveting moments in the whole Malbin GP was just plain sad. From past postings on this forum it would appear many Tifosi love such a clear victory and would relish the whole season being like this.

I am going to stick my neck way way out and suggest it isn't too good for the sport. Good on Ferrai for "utilising" the regs to the fullest, hopefully they will be better sports this year when (and if) the rest of the field catches up.

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    quoted for emphasis.

I didn't even have to get into the "Racing" forum at all. I only had to glance over to the side of each of the recent posts. While it was dominating and not too thrilling of a race overall, I would still like to watch the race without seeing spoilers.

Next time, I urge thread starters to post an "F1 Race (spoilers inside)" instead of anything slightly hinting a victory for any team whatsoever.

/rant.

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree, as for Bernie, screw him, he's such an ass. He wants to create parity in a technology-driven sport and you cannot do that unless you want to convert the series to formula Mazda type series. Bottom line is, even the teams like Minardi that do not have big factory support are able to go out with some proper salesmanship and get corporate sponsorship to up their budgets and improve their spot on the grid. And you cannot say it's a rich team vs. poor team thing like David Hobbes was saying the other night, I don't know of anyone that would consider Honda or Ford as "poor"

11. Apex

Apex Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    What did shock me was the start of the race when Alonso just shot past Montoya. What did they do to that car!!!???

Renault has a trick pre clutch process which conforms to the FIA rules and obviously works quite well. JPM gets surprised a lot...

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not sure that's true: Bernie is first and foremost a biz man who wants to sell his show. If one party dominates, it is not entertaining. But that doesn't mean he wants them all alike.

What Bernie really wants is the same I like to see: A battle of the titans. JPM vs MS, Ralf vs his brother, Kimi vs Alonso. Big battles sell as seen in the past: Prost vs Senna vs Mansell.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are going to see some strange FIA regulations put into practice. As in 94 when MS was running away with the title (after Senna's demise) and they artificially took him out for a few races (and some winers complain about his driving vs Hill...).

13. goyal99

goyal99 Karting

Mar 5, 2002
    Upstate NY - USA
    Full Name:
    V K
    Okay, the start of the race was exciting to watch and a few times here and there when lesser players tried to overtake each other - Massa vs Kimi, Fisi vs Heidfeld or JPM vs Button...Other than those moments I didn't see any real excitment or RACING between the teams..Not even a yellow flag or a spill of any kind. I call it a BORING start for the F1 season.

Surely the best team won but that's hardly a surprise to anyone; they have he best cars, the best test times and best qualifiying on the grid and a boatload of money....
    I expected to see drama, close racing, overtaking in corners, aggressive moves etc but there was none of that...Pitty... Heck near the end Ferrari even told Michael S. to slow down as he was about to lap the entire field!!

I was rooting for the underdogs to do better than they did. We all know that Ferrari can do but I was dissapointed with Jaguar, MB and surely Toyota. BAR-Honda looks like an improvement from last year and so is Renault. The rest of the field looked the same as in 2003.

Let's hope for a more competitive 2004 as the season progresses. No one wants to watch another blow-out, unchallenged, total dominating season like the 2002 season, when Ferrari had 14 wins and scored double the points of ALL the other teams combined.

VK