Horrible Experience with Norwood Autocraft! Beware of Bob Norwood | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Horrible Experience with Norwood Autocraft! Beware of Bob Norwood

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Schulz308, Sep 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    It was meant to say the knock offs was real Ferrari knock offs

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    No reasonable buyer would read that to be limited to the knock-offs themselves.

Is the $2000 worth the reputation damage?

3. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    It won't damage Mr. Norwood's rep. And it was a mistype. Mr. Norwood also talked to him and stated the wheels came with the body panels. He never said that they were real. But you also have to realize we tried working with him

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    You guys are close to making the deal happen. A little effort on both side could materialize this deal.

5. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    We've tried and he won't budge

6. F404ME

F404ME Rookie

Sep 2, 2016
    USA
    I don't see how you can justify keeping this Man's deposit? Or think this experience will not degrade Norwood's reputation?

1) You have admitted guilt by "mistyping" the for sale ad. Whether it was on purpose or not? This is called misrepresentation.

2) You agreed to reimburse the potential Buyer if the car was not as described. This is the reason for a deposit in the first place. If he would have sent you the full amount, would you feel justified in keeping all of his money after you misrepresented the sale?

3) The potential Buyer said Norwood used profanity (directed at the Buyer) after he questioned some of the parts Norwood was trying to sell? No one likes to be treated this way. Are you really wondering why this Buyer doesn't want to do business with you anymore?

4) You stated that the potential Buyer wasted Norwood's time and that is your justification in keeping the money? Do you realize how this comes off? I hope all the potential Norwood Buyers see this thread. If this doesn't diminish his reputation, I don't know what will? Hopefully you have already refunded this Man's money? I'm shocked that someone in Norwood's position would would act this way...

7. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Its the principle of the situation that is important.
    I am no better than anyone on this forum including you Robert. What I do have though is pride,
    I wake up every day regardless of how I feel or what I would rather do that day and go run a company in a very "Lead by example" fashion. I strive to be honest even if it is not easy. And I hope my family, employees and my friends can be proud to know me. I worked very hard for every single one of the two thousand dollars. I will not let this change me into an angry person that takes out my frustration on innocent people. I believe this thread is the best way I have to remind you of morals and to give you an opportunity to man up and admit when you are wrong. So I am over it

8. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Not a lawyer, have never used Norwoods but know lots who happily have.
    It's a rebodied 308. Period. Not a cheap 288. You are foolish if you thought otherwise.
    $2k. You both spent time on it. Sorry, deal done.
    Texas law and tort law established, here's ref. on quick and dirty Boolean search.
    In the state of Texas, is it legal for an car dealer to not
    Get it over and be done. These threads never go well. Thank god it's not a Pacer. :)

9. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Don't know much about 288gto's, other than they look awesome...

But I would think that if this car has the original body panels, that's gotta be worth some coin...

If I had 100k laying around, I would buy it...

10. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    #35 Formula Uno, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016

Really?? It already did.

11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    #36 Shark01, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
    Yes, I would at this point guide people away......see no logical reason to keep his money

12. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    288 had longer wheelbase than 308, the car that used to be near me had 308 WB. Rear overhang is longer than 288. It had fiberglass body panels pulled off mold of original. Had plexi windshield, dunno why, former owner (NOT Norwood) went to jail for embezzlement (paid for lots of cars). I can't find this thing on web, Norwood's site has zip. Those wheels are pretty easy to spot if you've looked at a 288 hard.
    If Norwoods offered your money back to unwind, take it.

Jason1086 likes this.
  13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Only have one question.

Schulz308 - If Norwood put original wheels on the car and sold it to you for $110K, would you buy it, right now, today? Would you wire the funds, go pick up the car and be happy?

OK, I have a second question.

bigred95. Can you live with $110K and you buy the wheels and put them on the car? After all, you should be able to recover some of the cost selling the other set of wheels, right?

You guys are so close on this, sounds to me like two minutes of calm, cool and collected thinking could get this deal all sewed up.

D

14. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    What do rebodied 308s go for? Hmmm?

15. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    My advise to Norwood is to return the money. This guy is a pain, and even if they come to a deal, there will be other items for him to complain about. When a deal smells, it's time to put it away. Life is too short to deal with folks like this.

Art

16. Bob Norwood

Bob Norwood Rookie

Jan 25, 2008
    #41 Bob Norwood, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bob Norwood here. This story has a happy ending: Cory barged in to a sale we had going and wanted to purchase the 288 prototype.He made lots of promises and never came here to look at the car. He claimed that this was not real Ferrari parts.
    I personaly bought this body and subframes with the wheels at the factory when i was picking up new 288's to send to Dallas and certify. Yes it has things that are different than later production cars. Real Ferrari Guys know how things go at the Factory.
    Things are ever changing as they move to a production car. The 288 is going to a home that knows how unique this car is and loves it. Bob.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    If I never hear this argument again for the rest of my life, it would be ok with me.

18. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    So, Bob, are you keeping the $2000?

19. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    Tillman here's what you don't understand that the verbal agreement between Bob and this Corey guy was that if the car was not as he described it then he would get his money back, but the point is he never showed up to even look at the car he kept giving us the run-around saying he was coming this day and then that day and never showed.

20. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Good thing to do here is return the deposit, even if you think you are in the right.

21. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I agree. I think Norwood is in the right and he probably can keep the deposit but just because you can do something doesn't me you should. If you go full asking price from someone else give him the money back and be done with it.

22. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yup, this.

All the other stuff is just stuff.

Bob has a buyer, a new buyer, even though I betcha technically the OP still has a right to the car, unless he voided the agreement in writing.

Bob, it would seem to me, can only void the agreement by returning the deposit, anything else, and he's still obligated to the OP.

So, best/easiest thing to do is return the deposit, walk away friends and sell to the new guy who seems to really want it.

Just my $.02, all standard disclaimers apply.

D

23. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    How about a compromise? Split the difference. Is the OP willing to accept even though he allegedly didn't perform his said part of the deal?

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

But your verbal agreement is still binding. You can't have it both ways. Suppose he calls on you tomorrow, asks where his car is and you've sold it.

OOPS. That could be a problem.

D

25. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    The verbal agreement was that if the car was not as he described when he showed up to look at the car then he would get his money back he never showed up!