Horrible Experience with Norwood Autocraft! Beware of Bob Norwood | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Horrible Experience with Norwood Autocraft! Beware of Bob Norwood

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Schulz308, Sep 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Are you for real bud? A chap is being held to ransom over his car, and you are blaming him for not taking a suitcase full of cash to a meeting with the slimy prick blackmailing him? ****s sake, I think I heard it all now. You say you go see Norwood twice a year - wow, you must be really tight then, and know a whole lot cos he undoubtedly spends those two visits telling you all his scams and ripoffs? You may love the guy, but you can’t possibly be supporting him in such a case - unless you somehow know something we don’t - but that’s not the case as clearly, if you had something to say, you’d say it in defence of your buddy, wouldn’t you?

2. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Aaron is just repeating Norwood's position, namely "which line items on the invoice were not authorized" or "not received." That is a gross simplification of the issue(s) here. If a surgeon does work on you, but you end up in a wheelchair instead of on your feet as he led you to believe, is the fact that he only billed you for the actual procedure(s) a defense, even if some of those procedures appear to have been ill-advised? If revision surgery is necessary to fix what should have been fixed the first time, is it OK to bill you for the revision surgery? If he failed to do some tests that are normally accepted good practice prior to the surgery, that would have helped foresee and prevent some problems that later cost much more to address, is it an excuse to say that he never billed you for those tests? If the surgeon agreed to accept standard insurance rates, but after the work is done and the bill settled and you are laying in hospital expecting to be released he tells you to pay a bunch more money in cash and presents you with a legal document to sign that releases him from all liability otherwise he won't authorize your release from the hospital, while the hospital continues to bill you for each day you lay there, an acceptable position?

Big Red is one of Norwood's employees, as best I can tell he's a trainee/marketing assistant/internet guy and all round gofer. He's not a bad guy. He just does what Norwood tells him to do, and perhaps a little of the "Norwood Attitude" has rubbed off on him. Actually I got on fine with all of Norwood's techs and still do. Joe, the lead mechanic, is a fine person, an excellent welder, and he has tried to act as a mediator to the degree that's possible given the very awkward position he is in. Shaun just puts his head down and does whatever task is assigned to him. He cleans parts, paints stuff, removes wheels etc. I have no beef with Shaun, Joe or Big Red.

In my opinion, a lot of the problems with the job can be traced back to decisions made by Norwood himself, or work that Bob did (he does most of the engine work and engine management stuff himself). Of course, I cannot be 100% sure what all the problems are and who is at fault, as my car is sequestered and the last time I saw it was in late Sept when I drove it for all of a few minutes. At that time the car was not level, the world's most expensive heater ducting was a mess, the new horn did not work, the car would not idle, the brake pedal was soft and when I pumped it hard the rear right wheel locked up causing the car to jink violently, the rear bonnet would not stay open as the new struts were too weak, the freshly-restored console was mutilated, and the newly installed gauges did not match. The doors did latch though!

Norwood freely admits that the motor won't run because it's fouling plugs, that the motor won't idle because the engine management system he installed is not right for the motor, that the front brakes he installed are too small vs. the rear brakes that he installed, that the vacuum booster that he installed is not working properly, and that he mutilated my console. He thinks the alignment is fine but the alignment reports he gave me while I was there on Monday say otherwise. There is more red than green on the printout after the second alignment. He just shrugs and sticks to his position that I pay him the ransom in cash and that I sign a total release. I later offered to sign a partial release (removing personal injury from the equation as I know the car is dangerous to drive and I don't plan to drive it until the braking issues are fixed) and he rejected that.

3. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You have the patience of a saint, I’d have been in there rather harder than you have, and he would’ve likely had to accept return of the car and any cash that I perceived he didn’t earn, it’s my way with people. I know, I know, the law the law, but it all depends on how you ask, and finding out the trigger button in a guys brain to make him submit is critical. I suppose it’s too far gone for you to get any other way than the right way...just makes me so angry to see people stiffed by some numb-nuts that thinks he is way smarter than he is.

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I had my 355 on moTec and it ran fine....better than standard, actually. Don't let them tell you it can't work.

5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    You sat and took it for three hours???

Matt

6. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Well he was digging the hole deeper while I sat there so I figured let him dig. The sight of the cashier's check appeared to loosen his tongue. And the way we left it he was going to get the car out of storage and let me know when I could pick it up, probably Wednesday, "no lawyers". But it took him all of 12 hours to renege on that offer, just as he reneged on our agreement regarding the settlement back in Jan. The next am he said no cashier's check and the legal release was a "deal breaker". I think "renege" is his middle name.

7. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    How is it that you watched YOUR car being loaded on a flat-bed and removed to an undisclosed location? Meaning, basically, why were the police not called at that point? Undisclosed locations and blanket releases are not how mechanic's liens work, they are not how any of this works.

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Where is Norwood based, I’m happy to fly out at this point and collect your car for you, this is getting stupid. I’d put money on him becoming far more amiable if I was there

9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Are you a lawyer or a kick boxer?

AshAP likes this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Neither, I have a way with people hehe

JDZNate likes this.
  11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    He’s Chuck Norris. Which means he’s both and more, much much more.

AshAP likes this.
  12. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    He’s in Dallas. Come on out, while you’re here we’ll get the locals together and buy you a beer. :)

AshAP, ///Mike, JDZNate and 2 others like this.
  13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hahahaha, no way, I’m not a pseudonym for Rob Lay......... Norwood won’t **** with him

I’m just a very persuasive chap!

crinoid likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m tempted to look up some flights in the morning, be cool to finally get to Texas - it’s one part of the US I haven’t stopped in (came through on a Bullrun a lifetime ago, but barely got chance to take in the air), so it will be an experience.

crinoid likes this.
  15. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
  16. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

hahahahahahahaha.....just like I always pictured him

daytona355 likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I see you have friends at homeland security.......... I always look a little thinner in the face in my passport photos!

18. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    OK so rather than continue with the ad hoc discussion, I have started a new thread in which I will recount, in several chapters, what transpired. I will add chapters when I have time. I will be out of the USA for a while so there will be a gap of a couple of weeks between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/my-bob-norwood-experience.576625/

19. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Actually Mr. Zuckerburg kindly provided it for me - he knows everything about everybody. ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    A few years ago there was a big fuss made about people from the ‘news of the world’ newspaper in the UK tapping phones of celebs and royals. All the time they were doing that, my mates answer machine message on his cellphone said ‘I’m sorry, I’m not here at the moment, if its urgent, don’t worry, the news of the world will listen in and alert me via the newspaper’. At the time, they were actually tapping his phone because he was suing a national banking institution for millions! Bet they weren’t pleased

davidoloan, randkin and Bluebottle like this.
  21. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Ross, I wonder Could the pics of the 308 be in the secret “undesclosed location”

22. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    Two different 330's.

The 330 in the background of the 308 eBay photo is a dual headlight car with a tan interior.

The Enzo owned 330 is a four headlight model with black interior, and Norwood sold it last year.

Aaron

23. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Good Eye, Thank you

I wonder if the 308 was originally a GTB or if the roof was added by the seller. Also wasn’t this car treated to a chevy big block swap at some point?

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That sounds like one awesome, time travelling 308...... years before fiat bought Chevy, a little 308 was the mule for a collaboration sports edition...... cool :)