Horrible Experience with Norwood Autocraft! Beware of Bob Norwood | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Horrible Experience with Norwood Autocraft! Beware of Bob Norwood

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Schulz308, Sep 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    He said that he would only give us 80k grand text we had to head to third-party talk to him and he said he was only going to offer 70k anyway but he agreed to the 110k and sent the deposit

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ...yet.

Was there an expiration on the deposit/agreement?

3. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I almost posted close up pics for my case but There is nothing left to prove here.The car has Aftermarket Wheels and a tall tale that only Mr Norwood can verify. I hope the car finds an Enthusiastic buyer and I think Bob Norwood should put a lid on the hostility when dealing with customers. Other than that I truly wish Norwood the best as he has been through enough on this topic. I respect the man for what he has brought to Ferrari guys over the decades and have no further gain in this. I filed a PayPal Dispute to retrieve my money and brought light to a bad move on their part. Mission Accomplished.

4. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    I already talked to PayPal. You have no case and we have legality of it in our favor

5. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Some people just do not know when to call it a day.

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This story gets curiouser and curiouser.

Buyer changes his mind and says give me my deposit back.

Seller says no way, you bought it.

Buyer either has to buy it or give up his deposit.

Seller sells the car to someone else.

What if buyer decides he doesn't want to lose his deposit, and wants the car?

And how exactly is this a "happy ending" for the guy who is out $2000?

7. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    And work with a mini said he didn't want the car anymore he said we were too far apart

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Wow...that pretty much seals it for me...not that I am looking to do business with your outfit...but if there was ever going to be a time in the future it just vanished.
    I suspect the same for many readers of this.
    Willing to bet you guys are now out more than $2000.

9. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    Norwood Auto Crafters never going to just vanish because it's been around for longer than you probably been alive. Mr. Norwood been working on Ferrari's for the last fifty years he's a well-respected member of the furry community in most of his business doesn't come from Ferrari chat it comes from other places and Word of Mouth

10. bigred95

bigred95 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 2, 2016
    Rockwall tx
    Full Name:
    Robert Hale
    Norwood Autocraft*

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Glad he is well-respected in his "furry community."

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Willing to piss on your reputation on ferrari chat for $2k is a pretty poor business decision.

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

This.

Sheesh...

D

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#64 dm_n_stuff, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Yup, thats all that matters.

I run a business that sells high end collectibles and we refund no matter if we are right or not.

$2k is not a lot of money.

16. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Norwood Auto Crafters is never going to just vanish because it's been around for longer than you have probably been alive. Mr. Norwood has been working on Ferraris for the last fifty years. Bob Norwood is a well-respected member of the Ferrari community. Most of his business doesn't come from Ferrarichat.com, it comes from other places and Word of Mouth.

There, I cleaned it up a bit for you.

BTW, I was looking to do some business with you guys in the future, the tone of this post just sealed the deal for me. These days clicks on the internet equal word of mouth.

17. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Word of Mouth... is that one of those other internet search engines?

18. F404ME

F404ME Rookie

Sep 2, 2016
    USA
    I'm glad to hear this story has a happy ending for you. Unfortunately it sounds very one sided. In fact, the entire deal seems very one sided. Your misleading description, and your time that was waisted... Did you ever consider the perspective of your potential Buyer?

This Man learned that you were selling fake wheels and decided the car wasn't worth what you were asking. It likely made him question the rest of the car's authenticity? Do you really fault him for choosing not to waist any more of his time and money, by not coming to TX to view what he already learned was fake? Again your views are very one sided.

I recently came into a position where I will be able to purchase a nice Ferrari. As I researched this market online, the Norwood name came up several times. This thread was one of them. After hearing this story I couldn't help but share my feelings. I'm shocked you have been in business for so many years while acting like this. I will make the prediction that your days in the Ferrari World are numbered. Especially if you continue treating customers like this. It's amazing to me that you have admitted guilt yet retain this Man's deposit. And on top of this have the nerve to say this story has a happy ending... Amazing!!!

19. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

It isn't, but damn, it should be!

20. red777

red777 Rookie

Sep 2, 2016
    I AM SHOCKED ABOUT BOB NORWOOD-WHEN HE WAS IN DALLAS HE WAS THE VERY BEST FERRARI RESTORATOR IN THE WORLD-AND NOW AT THE END OF HIS CAREER HE IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF AND LYING TO PEOPLE. I AM SADDENED BY THIS AND REALLY DISSAPOINTED IN SEEING THE UGULY TRUTH ABOUT THIS MAN.

21. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    So the wheels were misrepresented...a fact admitted to by the seller. Buyer doesn't go see the car. Seller claims buyer wasted his time by not coming to see the car. Buyer wants deposit back because car is not as represented. Seller refuses to give buyer back his deposit because he did not make a trip to see the car in order to determine that the car is not as represented.

Sorry...seller just outright stinks on this one. It does not matter one bit that buyer might be nit picky or be viewed as a PITA to some guy who's "been around forever". Give him his deposit back! It's the right thing to do. And...no matter what you do, would never do business with Norwood after hearing of this. It's atrocious. You are holding $2000 of someone else's hard earned money because you feel like your time was wasted. Think about it!

22. red777

red777 Rookie

Sep 2, 2016
    IT SADDENS ME TO HAVE TO POST THIS,THAT THE GREATEST FERRARI RESTORATIONIST BOB NORWOOD IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. WHEN HE WAS IN DALLAS HE WAS THE BEST-AND NOW AT THE END OF HIS CAREER HE IS LYING AND CHARGING INSANE AMOUNTS OF MONEY FOR THINGS TO BE NOT RIGHT. I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED AND I DO NOT WANT ANYONE ELSE TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS. HE IS SELLING CARS THAT ARE NOT THE REAL THING-IM SPEECHLESS.

23. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #73 Sfumato, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Pretty snotty tone there, bigred. I doubt you know how long some of us have been around Ferraris (it was Paul Frame in Houston that liked "Furry's").

Again, not a lawyer, but if a deal does not consumate in TX, it requires return of deposit unless stated non-refundable best I can tell.
    Not as represented in person or online doesn't seem to be substantively different.

I've bought a lot of cars, from a lot of dealers and "upstanding members of the Ferrari community". Several have tried to screw me, most recently earlier this year. I don't post threads on the web. I just talk to real buyer friends.

Lets see, Walker? Where did that big customer go??? GRAND PRIX, GRAND SCAM-GRAND JURY? ? D Magazine
    Mel from San Antonio? Where is that customer again?? Where There Wasn't a Will, He Found a Way - NYTimes.com
    Yeah, I think some of us have a fine idea what's what.
    Enjoy that high Ferrari horsey. ;)

24. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    :D :D :D

25. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I'm shocked he (Mr. Norwood) hasn't told you to knock it off here. I'm not sure which is worse: letting you spout off or not refunding the deposit. Both equally bad business decisions.