Horse better take Godzilla to the FNR | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Horse better take Godzilla to the FNR

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Jan 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    nope going this year to Bali,New York and Vietnam

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Stop spending all my inheritance money. :)

3. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Running drugs?

4. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    illigels

5. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Nice little earner

6. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    AVCO S.A doing the leasing/PLs

7. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    You should be awarded an Order of Australia for your efforts

8. motiv8

motiv8 Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    Victoria
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Well, it is for sale

9. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Sherrard car?

10. motiv8

motiv8 Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    Victoria
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Nope this one is a Python car and the Sherrard car is no longer red as it has gone back to it's original color

11. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    unique cars atricle.

12. motiv8

motiv8 Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    Victoria
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Yep seen that on Monday

13. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    same colour as Rob Rowlands car?

14. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Great interview with Mike Costin in latest Motorsport mag. Among other things he says Cobra had major chassis flex and Shelby was a total cheat.

Amongst other things, I learnt from it how the quill gears came about in the front of the DFV / DFX, a great read.

15. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I'm amazed, the 427 wobbled like a jelly. They are a crude ladder chassis.

16. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Hat off to Brettski, that's the fastest 308 time I have seen by a clear margin. I think anyone else driving a 308 at the FNR can forget about winning that class :)

17. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #42 Aircon, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Darcy did a 57 in Reark's GT4 many many years ago......that was mind blowing to me then, and Brett's time is even more mind blowing now. The best I ever did in my boxer was a 57, and that was with 100hp more at a power circuit! Brett for 944 champion this year!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Well done Brett. See, all that track time is improving your abilities all the time. You just had to drive something different and not against other already sorted race cars to see your improvement. Congrats.

19. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Thanks Scottski. I'm hopeless at Winton so I wouldn't be putting money on it mate. ;)

That's an old photo PP. Thanks for the photo of my time, my lap timer **** itself again and I lost all evidence of the laps I did. :rolleyes: Ha ha, I'm still a way off the guys in the 944 class, but I'm just going to enjoy this year and have fun and hopefully progress and improve over the year.

Cheers Wes, doing more laps is helping for sure, but still along way to go. I really learnt a lot spending the day with Allan Simonsen at Winton late last year, would've have loved to have passengered with him driving my car, probably would have learnt even more.

20. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    And a big thank you to Mark from Marenello Motorsport for inviting us to attend the day. I went and thanked him at the end of the day as getting the opportunity to drive at Phillip Island is rare at any time and the entry fee was very low. We were given plenty of track time and in fact I parked mine by lunch time as both the track had gone off (you were correct Moretts ;))and..........

TBC......................

21. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    ................ Continuation.

Scottski asked me to drive the N-GT again with fresh rubber, although at first I really didn't want to, for some reason I just had this fear thing about how quick it is. And no I didn't break it this time, although I did stuff up on the first lap and was going to park it, but I'm glad I didn't because this thing is just ****ing insane (sorry for expletive). Went a bit too hot into Honda and didn't want to flat spot his new Pirelli tyres. :eek: I found the brakes a bit different in feel to the 308 and actually braked at the 150 meter mark as I was doing with the 308, just didn't feel right so decided to go straight ahead into the run off area. I then stalled the car, I really struggled with the clutch this time, perhaps with it being close to slipping last time aided in my better control last year. I couldn't find reverse and I was pointed towards the kitty litter which wasn't an option and flick spins aren't my specialty. So I finally started the car and went in through the turn 4 entry and came back out onto the track.

I took it easy for a lap to familiarise myself with the car a bit more. It is very hard to explain how much grip this car has with new tyres and how easy it was to drive, particularly after driving my pants off in the 308 trying to break that 2 minute lap time I wanted to achieve for the day. You just turned the car and it went, no movement at all. I progressively went quicker and quicker each lap as the confidence and feel grew, by no means ringing it's neck, changing gears well before the green (shift) light came on. I was braking early which actually allowed me more time to heel toe with the down shift, something I couldn't do last time. That also gave me a quicker corner entry, which set up good speed for exit of Siberia and MG which are critical with getting a quick lap time. Last year I did 1.52 in it, and this year I did a 1.40 in it and there was plenty more there without getting anywhere near the limit, but after doing 4-5 laps I was just grinning that much plus it wasn't my car to do lap after lap.

And that is the reason why I parked the 308 at lunch time, nothing compares to that car.

Thanks again Scottski for a magnificent opportunity to drive a simply amazing car, and I promise I'll never take you to Fiji again, it's minimum 5 star from now on. ;). I'm kicking myself for not putting the camera in, it was a rush to jump in the car and I forgot all about it.

22. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lucky boy Brett!! Lucky lucky boy! :)

23. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    1:40? I holy crap!

24. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Well done Brett, sounds like a great day!

25. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    well done Brettski, I'll need some pointers for Winton, never been there