Hot Wheels license expires end of year | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Hot Wheels license expires end of year

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by the_stig, Jul 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hey guys.... any word yet on the 1:18 F14T F1 cars? I haven't yet seen them for sale on ebay yet.... and it’s getting closer to the end of the year, so I’m having my doubts if they made the cut for 2014 production :(... If anyone has close ties with their Mattel reps, can you ask about the F1 cars pls

2. PAT30

PAT30 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  3. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
  4. FMofAtl Parts

FMofAtl Parts Karting

Jan 5, 2010
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    FMofAtl Parts
    #56 FMofAtl Parts, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The BLY67 Alonso cars just hit the deck. I suspect the Raikkonen cars are right behind.

I have 4 available at $100.00 ea plpus frt for FChat.

If you want one, PM me, email [email protected] or call 800-522-2345

Thanks
    Ken
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I'm reading complaints on other sites about quality issues with the LaFerrari. Anyone here with experience?

6. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have few Laferraris already pass through me and have disassembled a couple. What exactly are the issues you are referring to?
    On similar note, I received my 458 Speciale from Mattel Elite and it has a lot more quality issues than the LaFerrari.

7. canam350

canam350 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2004
    dublin, ireland
    Some issues I have heard of,paint work not great,engine bay cover not closing properly,scuffing on windshields,that all I know of,waiting for my own model to arrive,
    So I wait and comment when I get it

8. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Paint quality, especially on the yellow version. I've seen a Youtube review and although the reviewer didn't mention anything, it was clear that there were different shades of yellow on different parts.

9. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    On my LaFerrari (Elite) the drive's side door binds ever so slightly when closing, so that it doesn't want to quite close all the way. With a little tinkering, it's ok, though. Also, one of the screens on the side of the engine cover isn't quite in the correct position. Both very minor things.

FWIW, My F14T came on Friday. It's perfect.

10. canam350

canam350 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2004
    dublin, ireland
    Hi Roy
    What's the ferrari f14t like,is it elite version or standard version.
    I was thinking of adding to the colection

11. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Just the "standard" version... I like them because they have the driver... I don't have any of the elite F1 cars. I found it to be well done, with well applied decals and such - usually there's at least one thing "off" every year, but I didn't have anything wrong with this one. Nicely done by the Hotwheels folks.

I can post some pics later, if you want (I don't think I ever sent you Breadvan pics, either - do you still need/want them?)

12. canam350

canam350 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2004
    dublin, ireland
    thanks roy
    will post the pics to me of the breadvan please.
    thanks
    joe

13. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Sorry about that Joe. I'll get you some pics of the Breadvan and the F14T tonight and post them here... did you pick up a LaFerrari yet? I can post pics of that as well, if you'd like.

14. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    #67 nopassn, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And one more... (apparently you can only upload 25 at a time)

I wouldn't bother, but I took the time to take the pic, and then crop and jack with it until it was small enough to upload. So. You all are going to have to look at it.

I hate the size limits on pics here. Fine with the pixel size or whatever, but having to make sure a pic is a certain image size AND file size? A bit overkill, IMO. Guess I need to get my webhosting back, so I can just link directly to the files or something.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Great pics, love that breadvan.

16. canam350

canam350 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2004
    dublin, ireland
    great pictures roy,will be getting the breadvan for sure, waiting for the Laferrari to arrive,
    should have it this friday, got it from the states,its cheaper to buy there at the moment,prices gone mad in europe,some model dealers are looking for 200.00 euros +.
    mad money for this model. thanks again for the pics

17. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Thanks... The Breadvan is pretty nice, I'm very happy with it. I've heard they're going to make another version with the #16 livery - though, I don't know if there is any truth to that.

Seems like the LaFerrari's are bringing ~20% (or more) higher prices across the board. The F14T was priced "normally" though, it seemed. I'm curious to see how the pricing is on the Speciale when it finally lands stateside. Going to be interesting to see what we get out of Bburago/Maisto...

18. canam350

canam350 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2004
    dublin, ireland
    i have seen the speciale going for 100.00 euro,s + i want get the yellow version,
    i have it preordered since last year,still waiting,i got the elite version of alsonso,s 2012 race car,great model good detail but no driver,i can the driver figure from modelissimo for 30.00 euro, i must post some pictures when i get a chance,

19. doyler

doyler Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2008
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Colm Doyle
    Love that breadvan. Nice photos.

20. canam350

canam350 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2004
    dublin, ireland
    have you not got that yet colm.

21. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Breadvan is cool! :D

22. FMofAtl Parts

FMofAtl Parts Karting

Jan 5, 2010
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    FMofAtl Parts
    The Raikkonen cars arrived yesterday.

A fellow FChatter convinced me to sell him the pair for $180.00 pls shipping. Since I have one pair left, i will extend the same offer for them.

Thanks
    Ken