Hotel in Kona? | FerrariChat

Hotel in Kona?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by ferraripete, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I have business next week in Kona. Can you please let me know the best 4 star options?

Thank you.

PCB

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Have stayed at The Hapuna Prince and Mauna Kea, both were very nice. If you're there on a weekend do the Clam Bake dinner buffet at Mauna Kea. Haven't stayed at the Four Seasons but played the course.

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I thought the Sheraton Keauhou was pretty nice.....the pool is awesome, wonderful views, little trails throughout the grounds.....rooms are average Sheraton type--and the pricing was really decent from what I remember.

Was there for Ironman in October....

4. ferraripete

bj,

I took your advice and booked the Sheraton. I was there for kona iron man as well. stayed at the Hilton waikaloa then...the hotel campus was much too large and was not really that nice.

I got the Sheraton @ $255 / night for an ocean front room. seems like a pretty good deal if the rooms are decent. I will bring some cigars to enjoy on the balcony:)

5. ferraripete

thank you for the suggestions dave and bj!

6. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Those Hotels are a long drive from Kona.

7. ferraripete

Sheraton was fine. nothing fancy and the rooms may be in need of modernization but the location was nice. my ocean front room was nice. as glassman said, the hotel was a bit far away from where my meetings were. now I know. the two lanes and the insane traffic will keep me in waikaloa in the future.

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Sorry Pete. We were back and forth on that road to and from Kona proper for the triathlon. Yeah the rooms were standard Sheraton fare. But I did dig the pool and hiking grounds. Hopefully the drive didn't ruin your trip.

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Oh, and Hawaii drivers LOVE to lollygag.....that's for sure. Hah.

10. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Fairmont! Go through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts