News

Houston: Superbowl Parties and Celebrity sightings

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Amir, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Any Houstonians going to any of the private superbowl parties? I have an invite to a celeb only VIP party at the Mercury Room. Only problem is that you still have to pay for your ticket.....a whopping $500!!! But you do get to walk down the red carpet with all the celebs, you get to mingle with them inside, and you also have an oppurtunity to be interviewed by Entertainment Tonight.....

They will have an open bar, food, etc... Apparently Denzel Washington, P diddy, Janet Jackson, Chris Tucker, Julia Roberts, a few CEOs of some record labels will be in attendance as well....

If anyone is interested in going, I can possibly get you some tickets....

Anyway, aside from that....is anyone attending any parties?

Has anyone seen any celebs around town yet?

My friend and I ran into about 15 New England Patriots and Dan Marino at Pappasitos tonight on Kirby and Richmond...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Let me know if you need to borrow the Ferrari Art Car!

Bling bling.

4. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    How much do they pay me to hang out with such losers? $500 isn't enough.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    A buddy of mine here at work is a pedi-cab driver on the weekends here in Austin. I threw him this info because it is helpful to know since he will be pedi-cabbin' it for people that need to get to their parking spots pre-post superbowl in Houston. It's always good to know about things, even if people cannot get in.

So if you know of any other events going on during next weekend's activites, post away.

6. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I haven't seen anyone yet, but I know I'm cutting out Thursday night to get back to Dallas before the madness sets in. It was a pain to get a hotel room this week. Should be an interesting week here in H-town.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Here you go....

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou040122_mh_parties_.400b8b3c.html

9. midnite360

midnite360 Rookie

Dec 20, 2003
    Hush Thursday night...All the Star's coming out for the ''Savouir'' Affair.

10. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i saw yanni at magiano's last thursday night.

11. twinturbo

twinturbo Karting

Nov 10, 2003

Hey Amir,

I'm interested ... what night is the party ... a bunch of my friends live in Houston and they've all been begging me to drive down and party with them ... they have access to the Maxim party, P-diddy's party, some other stuff don't remember because I wasn't going to go ... I'll send my girlfriend and her friends in a car ... i have to work unless it's a sunday night party ... pm me

Dario

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Went to the Champps last night, and it was dead. We went by downtown, and not much was going on there either. M-bar was packed, but about 75% guys. Ended up just hanging out at Sherlock's with the Miller light girls. What's going on tonight?

14. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX

Dario,

The party is at Mercury Room. Send me a PM if you want tickets, and I'll give you all the info!! The party is SAT night....I know M-Bar is partying Sunday night...

My friend said he saw so many hookers on Westheimer that it was unbelievable!! So much for Houston having that "good image" ;).

Btw, anyone see in the Houston Chronicle the other day that Houston is running out of Cristal, and that they are having to bring in massive amounts of it from neighboring states.....Too damn funny

Here's the article

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=2780

15. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Ricky William's is at Champps tonight!

16. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Fellow car nut, but more of a bike nut.

Met a bunch more but didn't have a camera. Friend took this picture and emailed it to me. He is a big fan of Jesse and was terribly excited to meet him. Date is wrong it should be the 30th, not 31st. Was supposed to have a bike rally but the crap weather changed that. Like most of you have posted, I don't particularly care for the parties but there are a lot of them going on all over.

Cheers

17. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    For those that wondered... thought I'd just quote an email from a friend's wife in Houston. She emailed me, and others, with details.

18. wax

wax Four Time F1 World Champ
    Advising Moderator

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Need help getting rid of the body?

19. BigTex

Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yo, man! W'ha's happenin?

Ferrari Art Car was displayed at VIP Party before Ricky Williams/Snoop Dog game on Saturday at Delmar Stadium. I was jus' hanging with the artists, 'till the UT Alumni Band showed up without a drummer.

I told 'em that was no good, they had to have a beat, so I had the UT cheerleader squad ring up my gf. She fired up the Turbo Beetle and while the stretch Hummers pulled thru, we went to pick up my kit.

The director said "Who the H--- are you?" and I fell in with the bass drummer, who said it was all good. They gave me a uniform vest to wear and we got to sit amongst all those lil' Longhorn Cheerleaders. Yee hah!
    That's me in the back, with the ZZ Top shades on.

We had to jam for a while, 'cuz Dogg was really late. Nobody mentioned that I didn't know any of the songs anymore, and eventually a REAL drummer showed up. After that I was second chair! I blamed the memory loss on a head injury suffered after I left UT. No one had the drum charts!

No caps were fired and a good time was had by all.

I loaded up on free Armani Cologne and traded my appearance vouchers in on a few cases of Corona. Don't know any other VIPs in that crowd, but at the Main Event or the Coors Bash downtown we partied with Jesse Dayton, John Evans, and Delbert McClinton.

Saturday night, the "We Party Like This ALL the time" Award went to blues guitarist Alan Haynes, that raved it up with his 100' guitar cord in The Big Easy. He recognized me with gf from KPFT concert and not only walked thru the dance crowd without missing a beat, but sat down next to her and said "How ya'll doin'" with a nod of his head, playing the whole time!

We parked the Ferrari after Saturday night, but did see a black Lambo Diablo rolling into downtown, closer to game time on Sunday.

All I know is that the stack of $20s I had Friday is gone, replaced by crumpled $5s and $1s. Let's do it again sometime!

20. BigTex

Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Wait!!!!!! I forgot the Carolina Panthers Cheerleaders!!!

Boy, are they mad! Sorry girls.

Let's see, there was Cathy Lee Hambright, Lauren Brisby, DeAnna Platt, Kelly Bliss, Courtney McBride, Sara Brown, DaWanda Brittle, Pam Burks, Jenny Sigmund, and last but certainly not least, Ms. Ashley Fowler!!!!

They were lookin' VERY fine, thank you very much.

They can share the seat of the World's Fastest Art Car, anytime!

21. BigTex

Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    No other FChat member stories????? You guys players, or what????

Wait 'till you see the "Paris Hilton Re-enactment" video. LOL
    No, not Paris, but a reasonable facsimile.

Maxim site: NO PHOTOS. Guess they didn't pay for One Hour developing.

That Hip Hop site has some chat goin' on! Check out: "40 Mistakes Men Make"