How about the largest Italian car show ever in Ontario? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

How about the largest Italian car show ever in Ontario?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by thedoc, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    There's a joke in there some where :)

2. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    LOL, I think so.

But in all honesty I love seeing the patina'd cars!

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  4. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Glad to see this however i have just contacted the member to remove the note about Sunday being a rain day . We talked about it earier but after learning about the additional fees the park wants for this we thought we would take our chances on just saturday .

So to all there is NO rain day currently in the works.

Gary
    Espada

5. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    I would like to add also that yesterdays committee we spoke about facebook as a way to spread the word but in the end no one felt that our demographic routinely would use it.
    If you think i am way off here then that is your challenge to spread the word in that medium as i like to be shown how wrong i can be!

Gary
    Espada

6. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    never used or intend to use either facebook or tweater (or whatever it's called) but if someone wants to set one up please go right ahead but make sure to get approval from 'Il Presidente' Gary aka thedoc..first :)

7. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Done

Gary

8. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    HA Thanks Mario! Good thing I read the thread. Don't worry I've been chatting with Gary I'll be helping out but not sure to what yet.

Can't wait for this event.

I echo Gary and the crew have done an amazing job so far. So much done in little time. Its fantastic!

Chris

9. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    +100

I just checked out the website, its very well done! I have my calendar marked for the 27th, and will be spreading the word amongst my fellow Ferrari owners to show up.

10. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    we've already got a few sponsors on board so if anyone here wants a guaranteed spot at the show it's best to sign up sooner rather than later by filling in the contact form at the site www.italiancarday.ca

11. HHogan

HHogan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Do we just fill in car info and whatnot? Then pay in person?

12. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    Hi Bob, for now just fill in the information on the contact form and someone from the Team will call you back with more information on the sponsorship packages.

13. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Italian car fans:

We are still a week or so away from on line pre registration for cars that wish to be shown. We strongly encourage preregistration ASAP as this will not only aid us in our site planning but hopefully dramatically minimize wait times to register on the morning of the show at the site. Although Boyd Park seems the ideal venue it is a Toronto owned facility and as such we have to follow their rules . This includes not being able to have anyone on the premises the day before and no vendors before 7am and no show cars before 9am . Add to that time taken for proper placement of cars in that mix and line ups etc and you soon see why preregistration becomes so important . I for one hate watching my rad temperature rise either on the way in or the way out for that matter of a large show such as this. We will do all we can to get you in as fast as possible so you begin the fine art of the schmooze asap!

On another note anyone who wishes to become a vendor or sponsor should contact us directly using the tools on the website .

regards

Gary

14. whupwhup

whupwhup Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Full Name:
    Kash
    I started the event page and am getting folks accepting. So far about 8 people, I know about half of them. I'll continue to help push the message out about pre-registration.

kash

15. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    thanks!

gary

16. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    thanks kash :)

17. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    We are talking facebook event right? What is the event called I searched Italian car day but found nothing.

18. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    Ok Guys, just confirmed that registration for all your lovely vehicles is now active on www.italiancarday.ca ! (big thanks again to Stuart at www.corskan.com for getting us set up)

19. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Got an email from a gent who wants to register a one off detomaso!
    This is the kind of email that gets me a little misty and go to the very core of why i wanted to do this in the first place!Cool ialian cars breed more cars and if your anything like me some people travel great distances and go to lots of trouble to see the rare and the beautiful. I know the gta is littered with all sorts of rare and unusual. So this is my first casting call for the following.
    First every fiat 500 , 600 , topolino and i know theres a prewar balila in woodbridge some where too.also someone just showed for ice cream last summer at la paloma in a very nice late 40s alfa villa d'este right hand drive fresh from showing it where else but villa d'este in lake como italy ! One of the world premier cars shows ! And he just casually drives in a a thursday for a yak fest with his buds. My hats off to him as these cars regardless of value are meant to be driven . So if your out there or anyone knows him i extend a personal invitation to italian car Day to him and all mentioned here. More emails and more grovelling soon from me!
    Meantime john has let you all know preregistration is now up and running on the site and for our next trick Stu Cork (web god and ghibli preservationisti) is attempting to allow the vehicle part of your registration to show on the site while still protecting your privacy.
    It will sound like this ...... Hey Joe did you read the list yet Joe?
    Sal i didnt read it Sal!!! Joe there so far a muria a vallelunga, an islero, a ballila , and an original 124 with a factory turbo Joe! Sal we gotta go to that show Sal! Joe then you explain
    that one to the wife about all the cottage weekend boring crap Sal!!!!!!

Ok maybe it wont be exactly like that.............

Gary
    Espada

20. whupwhup

whupwhup Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Full Name:
    Kash
  21. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    All signed up :)

22. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Hey everyone!

I'm not sure who from the group is on Fchat but if I met you at the meeting could you please shoot me a message. I have been speaking with Gary but should get in contact with a few others.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

23. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    I am one of the organizers.....Not sure we met....but sure will look for you...

24. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    @ PureEuroM3

PM sent

25. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    I would like to publicly welcome Gary Nolan @ Diamond Trim interiors and tops for having been first signed Vendor!!!
    I would also like to thank Investors Group as being the second. Why investors group???
    think about it for a minute it will come to you :)

I would also like to welcome Vaughn Electric as a sponsor!! you can click on theirs logos on our website for more info....

Incidentally we have many more already committed but i wont mention until the paperwork is all done.

how much fun are we gonna have!!!!

gary
    espada

italiancarday.ca