How are you preparing for ski season ? | FerrariChat

How are you preparing for ski season ?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by WILLIAM H, Oct 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I just started working out on my mini trampoline today. 5 minutes bouncing is rough, I did three 5 minute sessions in 20 minutes
    I noticed when I ski I am hopping all day and my calves are enormous by the end of the week so now I just throw in some Warren Miller DVD's and hop. Plan on doing 20-30 sessions within a month

I am also walking, running, lifting etc

Got to get my diet back on track Ugh

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm going snowboarding for the first time in January. Never been skiing before either, so I'm choosing to learn to snowboard.

I've thought about this before myself. I've been riding the bike a lot and have always focused on my calves. I plan on upping my cardio starting in November, as well as focusing on working legs once a week. Just do anything to strengthen my entire legs.

3. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Going to try to do squats holding a 45 # plate

should help w the baby too

4. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    From my one and only skiing experience I found that the quads were what hurt hte most. Dunno if that will translate to snowboarding but overall leg strengthening should be good.

5. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    definately quads but calves are big too

shoulders & back are important too

6. docmirror

docmirror Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Ft Worth TX
    I do a bit of running with the dogs. Also, cutting down on beer, which is quite painful. I should do some of that bouncing stuff.

7. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Well....for starters when the wife and I get a chance together to go up and pick up our seasons passes at Horseshoe http://www.horseshoeresort.com/

Then I guess I better do something training wise as you guys are talking about!

Chris

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My quads are what burn when I ride the bike. But also why I'm going to up my entire leg workout. I've slacked on it for long enough as it is. And this is the perfect reason to start working them every Friday.

9. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    William isnt driving the F40 enough of a work out for ya? I havent teally thought about getting back in shape for snowboarding, guess I need to start thinking more about it. Any suggestions?

10. kokinos

kokinos Karting

Jan 20, 2005
    Calgary - Merc Rider
    Full Name:
    Chris H
    I've been training since the summer, started with a 6 pack daily and now I can easily handle a 12 pack :) By the time the good snow shows up I'm hoping to be up to a case :D

Seriously though there is a 100 page book available with hundreds of great drills and ski specific exercises... very beneficial if you're coming out of knee surgery or any other previous injuries.

11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I love snow skiing. My favorite sport. I have been snow skiing, since I was a young kid.

12. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I am doing a **** load of leg exercises.

13. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

you've chosen wisely.