How Can I Keep Up My 308's Oil Psi In A Hard Corner | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How Can I Keep Up My 308's Oil Psi In A Hard Corner

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Dr Tommy Cosgrove, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt Morgan, "Kermit"

Matt Morgan, "Kermit" Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Ferndale, WA
    There are many ways to get to the same end result, as we all know.
    The reason I developed the tray modification are many, but one thaty hasn't been touched on here is the oil drainback issue. The stock pan is really way too restrictive to oil trying to return to the sump, as it is a simple flat piece with little drainback openings. The "scraper" technology is certianly nothing new.
    As we know, the Ferrari oiling system moves a lot of oil, and this means that there is a large amount slinging around the crank as part of the normal use. This oil can end up in a semingly taffy like mass churning around the rank at higher RPM if there isn't a way to get it away from the crank, hence the louvers that scape the oil away from the crank. The object is to reduce the parasitic loss of the oil churning around, causeing a HP loss, as well as helping the "right turn blues" HTH
    Kermit

2. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Too bad. I love my 308, but I still think that the 911 is a better car for the track, primarily for relatively small reasons like these...

-Wayne