How can you go wrong? | FerrariChat

How can you go wrong?

Discussion in '348/355' started by finnerty, Mar 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blacksc

blacksc Karting

Feb 11, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    hmm i love to see these prices come down, going to make it easier for me to get into one of these. works of art.

2. First Ferrari

First Ferrari Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2005
    Mahtomedi,MN
    Full Name:
    Christopher Reeves
    #3 First Ferrari, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    Sounds like a scam... It is listed as a private seller but shows the dealership sign in the back ground and then in the add it calls out that it was serviced by the dealership that is listing the car for sale. If that was really the price it would be sold in mins.... If it is to good to be true it is!

I could be wrong but I think I saw this car for sale before from the dealership that it is parked in front of.

I hope i'm wrong but it doesn't show any info on the 355 registry, right VIN but no additional info.

3. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Interior looks clean and no sticky or bubble console, from the pictures car looks really clean, when is too good to be true is probably not ... I bet is a scam !

4. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    The pictures are from Grand Prix Motors in Portland. There are no Ferraris listed on their website. No surprise.

5. roadracer311

roadracer311 Formula 3

May 6, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Paul
  6. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

#7 BLAMPEE, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    This is a scam. As a matter of fact, this car was sold to an FChatter who started a thread about seeing this and and impulsively buying from his iPhone--He lives out of state.

Gran Prix, (AKA Lamborghini Portland), went out of business 2 months ago, btw.

Scam...scam...scam

EDIT:

Here is the thread:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264146&highlight=iphone

7. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    There is no way you can get that carbfor that price. 100% scam.

8. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    +1 scam I luv this car it was featured on long time ownership review, it was sold to the new owner only late last year. I even inquired on this beautiful machine, when he is ready to sell, I like the color combo. But I better wait to get mine back on the road first :0

9. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
    too good to be true

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

11. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Sold for $50K in November 2009...Now for sale for $31K?? With a tubi??

I'll take 1.... Don't wrap it- I'll drive it home.

The copy IS the copy that was used when the car was listed legit two months back on Cars.com...I'm fairly sure I called about the car last November. The scam is they contact you and say something along the lines of "I moved out of the country- but I can ship the car to you- Now since this one says it's a dealership I'm curious to find out what the scam is.

Similar ad ran on Autotrader a while back- 348TS for $15,200. Just for the hell of it I answered the ad and received this reply-

"Hi there,

First of all thank you for your interest. The car is in perfect order, clear carfax, no accidents, no maintenance needed for the following months. I have to let you know that I moved to Europe (England) and I brought the car here not knowing that the customs, insurance and road tax will be so expensive here. I'm going to arrange shipping back to the US and I will allow 5 days for inspection once you receive the Ferrari. It is still titled in the US, you will not be liable of any import fees.
    If dealing this way is not an issue for you then we can move forward.
    Let me know if you need any specific details of the car.

All the best,
    Arnold Thomson
    VEHICLE INFORMATION
    Make: Ferrari
    Model: 348 TS
    Year: 1991
    Price: 15200
    Mileage: 63300
    Body Style: Convertible
    Color: Yellow
    Cylinders: 8 Cylinder Gasoline
    Transmission: Manual
    Doors: Two Door
    Stereo: Unavailable
    VIN: ZFFRG36A2M0089811"

12. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Oh...

The phone # listed is for this seller is 503-624-8128 which turns out to be the fax line for the

Tigard Department of Human Services
    Seniors and People with Disabilities
    11515 SW Durham Road, Suite E-5
    Tigard, OR 97224

Phone: 503 968-2312
    Fax: 503 624-8128

The 348 i inquired about last year had a phone # listed- It was the fax line for the Department of Social Services in Malden Massachusetts.

I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

13. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Yup that is the 'form' email ........... :eek:

14. nsxmike

nsxmike Rookie

Nov 5, 2005
    Issaquah, Wa
    Full Name:
    Mike
    HA HA, I finally got my email today!!! :) Sounds awfully familiar... SCAMMMMM Is there anything a person can do to get this post down??? Might call Autotrader and find out what they need.

Hi there,

First of all thank you for your interest. The car is in perfect order, clear carfax, no accidents, no maintenance needed for the following months. I have to tell you that I moved to Europe (England) and I shipped the car here not knowing that the customs, insurance and road tax will be so expensive here. I will arrange shipping back to the US and I will allow 5 days for inspection once you receive the car. It is still titled in the US, you will not be liable of any import taxes.
    If the distance is not an issue we can move forward.
    Let me know if you need more details on the car.

All the best,
    Robby Creis

VEHICLE INFORMATION
    Make: Ferrari
    Model: F355
    Year: 1998
    Price: 31300
    Mileage: 30960
    Body Style: Coupe
    Color: Gray
    Cylinders: 8 Cylinder Gasoline
    Transmission: Manual
    Doors: Two Door
    VIN: ZFFXR41A4W0111471

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mike- Need a better class of scammers. He should have also mentioned a "recent belt service" to further suck in the unaware. Wonder if he is Nigerian royalty?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

16. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    Was the scam email from:
    Julio Perez ([email protected])

If so, it seems he/she is trying to sell Ferrari's that don't belong to him. My favorite was he said that after the auction closed he immediately shipped it across country (2500 miles) as soon as the bidder won but they changed their mind. The problem is that between the auction close and the time I got the email was about 2 days. ;)

17. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
    hahahahahaha

18. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Email is from Robby Creis

[email protected]

Looks like these guys are on Autotrader about every 30-45 days with a different car- 348, 355, Corvettes etc.

I first became aware of the scam when i was selling my CLK Cabriolet- and there was one car $15k cheaper than mine!! Scam of course.

Has anyone ever sold anything on Autotrader?? When I've posted there I get nothing but scammy reseller and brokers. Put the car on ebay with a buy-it-now $100 less than KBB high retail and sold it in one day.

19. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    For anyone interested I do believe the car is for sale by an fchatter in TX, though I highly doubt for $31k.

20. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    I have sold an M3 on Autotrader. I got probably 20 phone calls from people trying to tell me they can sell my car for me. I also got about 10 or so emails some of them trying to do the same thing and the others offering 50% of my asking price. A couple people were serious and with the help of posting on a specialty forum I found a buyer (it was a highly custom M3 that limited the buying audience).

I sold my Porsche on Craigslist, it seemed to be wayyy worse for the phone calls and crazy offers. I then just starting answering that if they wanted to pay half of bluebook (private party price) that I would be happy to and I would even let them pick which half of the car they want. ;) Or my favorites were when people wanted to trade... one was for a 2007 honda accord and felt that his 2 year old car he bought new was worth 20% more than BB retail and mine was worth 10% less than wholesale using a different (in his favor) pricing guide. Selling cars is a PITA.

maranelloboy05 - if an fchatter wants to sell their Fcar, they should definately post on this site, as this seems to be a good primary or seconday advertising for cars. Seems to me that it gives a bit more credibility having it here as well as one of the ebay/autotrader sites.

21. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle