News

How Dino motors killed multiple Ferrari’s and other cars

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by fastjon, Jul 26, 2019.

1. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    a year and half ago, they crashed my 328 into the racks, causing a Daytona to fall on it, they also hit a grey 412, a camelon corvette and a white Alfa.

They got paid by me and didn’t do the work. More than year has passed and they don’t even apologize.

Great to see you Johannes judging at hillsborough, I guess wrecking cars qualifies you for that role.

Danny what’s wrong with you.

Do the right thing, give me a refund. $15000 for engine overhaul, but you didn’t do the work.

And yes, no one was seriously hurt in the accident.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Sorry to hear about this. Good luck with the refund!

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Moderator Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi, first of all sorry for this, sounds like a nightmare.

If I read your report correctly here, are you saying you paid them 15K for a engine rebuild that they didn't do, but to cover it up - they staged an accident to have a Daytona crash on top of your car?

They then recommended you get the insurance money for said 328 and refuse to pay for the 15K engine rehaul you paid them that they didn't do?

Just trying to understand exactly what happened from your point of view.

Cheers

4. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    #4 fastjon, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Yep, that is pretty much what I am saying. They didn't do the work, they wrecked the car the day of pickup. Still no refund. I know they didnt do the work because of a subsequent catastrophic failure of all spark plugs, ignition coil, and throttle body that caused gasoline to be dumped into the exhaust and catch fire (within the first ~300 miles after pickup). They admitted to not changing the plugs, and not doing other things, subsequent mechanic of good standing indicated a new valve job was needed (which was directly on the receipt from Dino motors). Once the B.A.R. is done with their report, we will take the next step. I strongly suggest that anybody who has had work done there get an inspection done somewhere else. Imagine how dangerous it would have been on a track day, or a run, or just going around the corner. I planned to be in Carmel this week, I hope people are wary of them. You will find Johannes likely judging at concorso, or around the track. Ask him about it, and perhaps his cars shouldn't be on the track or in a run.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Moderator Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I see, thank you for comment. I wish you the very best and hope everything gets sorted for you.

Be well.