How do I get to my 348 horns? | FerrariChat

How do I get to my 348 horns?

Discussion in '348/355' started by SHEMM, Jun 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SHEMM

SHEMM Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    ILIO
    My horns don't work - air coming out of the compressor, but when blowing manually through the hose it's clear, so I need to get at the horns themselves to change them but I can't see where they are or how to get to them. Hopefully, I can do it in my driveway without a lift.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I'd say that there's almost no chance that your horns are defective, most likely the hose has just split or come off. Also possible that you need to add some appropriate oil to the compressor. The horns are right behind the center of the front bumper, you may be able to see what's wrong by looking up from below, but you'll probably have to remove the bumper if you actually need to remove them. Good luck!

3. SHEMM

SHEMM Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    ILIO
    Thanks -just came in from taking the inner panel off from the wheel well and couldn't see anything. I looked from underneith but it's completely sealed and looks like it's attached to the bumper.

Thanks for confirming the bumper thing - will have to try that when I have more time and help.

4. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    My front spoiler has been professionally modified for additional ground clearance, so I'm not sure how different my car is from stock, but I can look behind the front bumper from below and see the hose, and the T-fitting, and the air horn trumpets themselves, without removing anything.

My air horns were very weak when I got the car. I added a little bit of air tool oil to the compressor, and they have worked fine since then (9 years ago).

5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #5 PAP 348, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You have to remove the front bar to access the horns. :):)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. SHEMM

SHEMM Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    ILIO
    Can't ask for any better than that! - thanks Pap!

7. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Anytime friend. ;);)