How do people react to your ferrari II | Page 5 | FerrariChat

How do people react to your ferrari II

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Prancing_Horse, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    That's just sooooooooooooo precious.

2. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    LOL - Classic ones.. Very funny.

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    In return to the mid-life crisis comment, "Crisis? What crisis?" (with large smile)

4. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I noticed that in reading a number of these posts, people can sometimes ask the rudest questions or make the most asinine comments. As an owner, I always try to react to such behavior in a gentleman-like manner.

''How much did you pay that?''...Although deep down I would love to reply ''none of your f*ckin' business,'' I usually start to discuss about the market value of a 308 and never really answer the question.

''You must be rich!''...Although that comment really pisses me off, I simply reply that it's a question of priorities.

''A dirty look or the finger''...I smile back or thank them. That usually throws them off since they expect a more confrontative reaction.

5. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Hi Bernard,
    You are a true gentleman! I suspect that the vast majority of owners carry themselves as ladies and gentlemen when seen in their Ferraris. Deep down I know we have different intended responses to some of these rude and crass questions and comments.

See ya on the road

6. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Yes, Phat is a good thing. It means Pretty Hot and Tempting. Don't worry, you're still young. The Pantera makes you even younger.

7. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    You go girl, love the no penis involved reply.

8. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lately, I've really been noticing youngsters taking pictures with their cell phone cameras! It's weird to look over to the left when driving, and have some high schooler looking out the window with this flip phone "pointed" right at you... :) Just today, I had two guys in a WRX do the cell phone photo shoot bid. I just smile :).

Contrast that with last week; worked VERY late, and drove home, approximately 2:30am. On my favorite road, heading east towards the mountains, some guy in a police cruiser lookalike (the Chevys or whatever with the dark wheels, you know the type) but the kid looks over and does the infamous "undulate your tounge in between your first two fingers pointed in a "v" fashion" gambit. Riiiiiiiiight. Slick one there, ace.

(Sigh) The good comes with the not so hot, I suppose.

Every time I gun it underneath a bridge though, and hear that sound, I forget about the bad stories :).

9. B.M.W

B.M.W Karting

Jul 13, 2004
    connecticut
    Full Name:
    george

lol thanks for sharing...great stories

10. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well, you knew the Country Life album cover so back atcha with thumbs up for the Supertramp reference!

Cheers
    Kevin

11. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge

"phat" is a good thing...."fat" is all bad. unless they spelled it for you, i guess you'll never know!! ;)

12. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    i've always received a positive response, thumbs up etc.

13. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    I think female owners of Ferraris and sports cars in general have the distinct upper hand when it comes to handling derogatory remarks because the remarks are overwhelmingly male-biassed in their assumptions. Us guys just do not have the elements of surprise to effectively slam someone making a phallus, or sexually hinted slur. However, it is very enjoyable when our spouses or girlfriends step up to the plate and defend our honor and thereby further incense the obviously envy-motivated cads:)

BTW, "dyspareunia is still better than NO pareunia!"

14. samwarren

samwarren Rookie

Jan 23, 2008
    Foley, Al
    Full Name:
    Robert Warren
    I drive mine to the airport on the weekends and park in the main hangar.... People actually walk past $300,000.00 airplanes to see the car!
    If I leave it at a gas pump it usually starts a meeting with the public by itself.....
    I passed about a row of 4 cars and stopped a few miles down the road at a gas station a guy I passed chased me down to take pictures and look at it.
    Too many stories to list but this car is worth any troubles it has.
    People look at it like its a space ship!

15. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    What are you trying to come in under the radar(I thought you would like the aviation lingo) your first post nice try.

Just kidding welcome to F chat now go and introduce yourself oh ya post lots of pics we likey pics....:)

How long have you owned?

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Might as well drive a KIA,no one even takes a second look.That car is almost invisible ,does not attract any attention (I am pleasantly surprised by that,since a "lowly" Gallardo I had before ,was opposite)
    It's a Black 599 btw.

17. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I had a good parking pass, so I drove the 308 to the Colts vs. Patriots game this past fall. When I pulled into the lot, the attendant went way out of his way to give me a spot right by his booth, and lined me up where he could put his pickup truck behind me essentially making two new spots and shielding me from damage.

When we came out after the game, very late because we hung out a bit, the lot guy was long gone with his truck, and the post game traffic pattern had switched to where our Ferrari was now in the exit drive, blocking one of the 2 lanes completely and traffic was all stacked up behind us, and yes, already pissed off because the Colts lost. I heard just about every "priviliged a**h**e" comment you could ever possibly dream up during the few minutes it took to get it out of there. To make matters worse, I alway open doors for my Wife, but this car's ext pass door lock does not work, so I had to get in first, letting her stand there while I open her door from the inside, further reinforcing what a jerk I am to a hugh croud.

Other than that it's all been good thumbs up and camera phones.

18. Camdon53

Camdon53 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Mostly the usual cell phones and thumbs-up out the windows of nearby cars. My favorite recurring situation is gassing up when the unusual colors of my 360 coupe (Azzurro California over Bordeaux) act as a major MILF magnet. I almost never stop without at least one soccer mom joining me to gush how beautiful it is and ask to sit in it. I always oblige and give them a small sample of my Ferrari history lecture.

My favorite “incident” so far was driving home from work during rush hour on a busy 4-lane street. I’m shuffling along with traffic going about 45 in the right lane when a very evil looking all black ZO6 whips past going the opposite direction. I notice in my rear-view as he swerves onto the right shoulder in a cloud of dust and pulls a fairly sharp U-turn across 3 lanes of traffic into the left lane behind me. He rushes up from behind until he’s directly beside me, hesitates briefly, then pokes the peddle to lurch ahead by a length. Just in case I missed the first one, he slows down briefly until he’s directly beside and pokes it again.

I nodded and smiled with a big thumbs-up to acknowledge his nice car although I’m not sure how he expected us to race in the rush hour traffic with several lights coming up. Apparently disappointed upon realizing I was either too stupid to understand his challenge or just a wimp, he abruptly swerved left into another sharp U-turn in front of the oncoming traffic and disappeared behind me in his original direction amid another cloud of dust. I could only hope he made it home safely that night.

19. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    My first drive around town was a little surreal. Folks pointing at me from the curb, honking horns, thumbs up, you name it. My wife and I had to stop at the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner, I let her out and stayed in the car, by the curb up front. Two different people took pictures of me and and the car on their cell phones by the time she got back out. Never in my 30 years of driving has anything remotely close to that happened before.

20. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Different people react differently

A lot of blue collar people dont like the 512TR bcus they only think of snobbery but I think they dig the F40 cus its so out there

come to think of it I think just about eveyrbody is positive towards the F40 & the Slutmobile

chicks pretend they dont like it or dont want to ride in it but they stay around looking at it LOL

21. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Update your Profile!

22. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I've only had ONE person, while stopped in heavy traffic, yell, "Hey, Ferrari! _ _ _ _ you!" I just smiled and waved.

Generally, I've found that most people assume that my 308 can go 250 mph and costs about that many thousand dollars.

I've had some strange comments - "Isn't that the car they used in Knight Rider?"; "Is that a Karman Ghia?" (!) "Is that a Mustang?"; and "That's not a Ferrari. I know 'cause my uncle's got one, and the thing on the side is in a different place." (I think she meant the scoop.)

Of course, I often get, "How much did you pay?" and "How fast does it go?" To that last one, I always laugh and say, "Only as fast as the guy in front of me."

Today I stopped by Ferrari of Denver and met a nice couple who were there to buy models. They have a nine-year-old boy whose name, as it happens, is also Bradley. I was happy to let the boy sit in my car and let his parents take pictures. Generally, I find that being friendly elicits the same response from others.

My favorite comment happened the time I came pick up my Ferrari after getting a new stereo installed. Two boys, about ten or eleven, came running out, shouting "Wow! A Ferrari!"

Their mother started shouting frantically, "Oh, my god! Don't touch it! Don't touch it!"

I told the boys that I touch it all the time. I said they could sit in it with their mother's permission.

Ironically, I'm sure that she paid more for the brand new Mercedes convertible she was driving than I did for my 308!

23. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    ....that after having owned some unique vehicles (older antiques, military, etc), that I thought the reactions I'd read about described in this forum were somewhat "the usual stuff". Well, having driven my "6 week old" (to me) '88 328 for about 500 miles now, I can say honestly, I've never owned a vehicle that illicits this kind of reactions from other drivers. Ever. I just wasnt' expecting it to attract THIS kind of attention. I've never seen anything like it. Every drive now, I KNOW there will be some kind of response from others.

My first drive...

on the interstate. One guy passes.......slows.........smiling........gives me the biggest "thumbs up!" sign.

The very next guy, in an old pick-up truck....flips me the bird!! I just burst out laughing! 2 such totally different responses in a 5 second time span!!

Then, filling up at the gas station. A HOT mom comes over with her camera. She asks..."Do you mind if I take a few pictures of your car for my son?" "No! Of course not! (smile)" "IF you'd like, sit in it, and I'll take your picture of you, with you in it!" "No thanks, he will like the pictures better if I'm not in them". So.......she walks around the car, snaping pics, talkin'. (smile)

That's just my first day's drive! This thing is GREAT fun. Always an adventure. Always satisfying. Always fun.
    A GREAT way to meet people. or.........just go out in the country? And let it do it's magic on ME!! I love this car. Such fun.

24. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Done!!!!

25. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name: