How do people react to your ferrari II | Page 6 | FerrariChat

How do people react to your ferrari II

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Prancing_Horse, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    People are cool about it. They give a thumbs up, smile, wave their hand and I respond the same way.

2. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    I'm stopped at a light, when I see a guy in a pickup, coming from the opposite direction, also stop at the light. Well, the light turns green and as we pass each other in the middle of the intersection, he leans out the window, points at my car and says, 'You, the man!'. I just waved and drove on.

3. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David

4. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob

5. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I'm amazed at those who get negative comments from people about their Ferrari. Never had one with years of ownership, and I do drive my cars (average about 10k per year). Generally kids with cameras, moms and dads with kids, etc. (I always let them sit in the car, take pics, etc.). Always wave back. Could it be your attitude?

Art

6. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David

7. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Had a couple of landscaping guys come to the house the other day. My Acura is parked in the driveway, but the Jag XJS-12 convertible and the Testarossa are in the garage. As I opened the garage to get something I overheard one say to the other, "Man, he has a Ferrari and EVERYTHING". Hard to express in writing the emotion he put behind the statement, but it was hilarious (in a good way).

8. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob

9. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis

Did your bill suddenly get higher?

10. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I get chased down the street. Followed into parking lots and stores. I really don't like all the attention. When I first thought of buying a Ferrari I choose a non flashy color because I thought I wouldn't get as much attention. I don't think it really matters what color the car is because of the lines the car draws attention. I bet the red car are worse though.

11. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Only yesterday, while at Ferrari of Denver, I met a very nice couple with a little boy.

I always let kids who love Ferraris sit in my car, show them the vehicle, answer the questions they have.

I've found that when you're cool, others are, too.

In addition to one jerk who yelled, "Hey, Ferrari! _ _ _ _ you!" I had a neighbor in Castle Rock who complained to another neighbor to whom I was talking to about "Some guy with some kind of hot-rod" who would "come screaming around the corner."

I later told the second neighbor that it was me, and that I never came around the corner at more than 15 mph. Some people just don't like "hot- rods."

That was a terrible place to live, and I sold my house there soon afterwards.

12. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I bet if management saw them it would. They were worker-bees.

13. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    F360 F1 SPYDER

They say: What a beautiful car.

I say: It's the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. ;)

14. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    you wear clothes when you drive? weirdo.

If you really want to get in tune with the car, shed the clothing.

15. Kevinwi

Kevinwi Karting

Nov 21, 2006
    I live in an area where you'd expect to see collector and exotic cars but rarely do. I was taking my brother on his first ride in my '85 308. At our first light, a Lamborghini Countach, that I'd never seen before, cruised by. We followed and caught up to him, a mile later, at a light. When we pulled up next to the fellow, he gave us a casual nod and smile. In a small car behind us, I saw a lady taking photos with her mobile phone. I wish I could get a copy. Both cars left the light at a normal speed, not wanting to appear immature. :)

Okay, this isn't up there with girls flashing me or cops admiring my ride. But, I'm a simple guy and enjoy the little things. For me, there's nothing like popping the top on a sunny day, putting on my shades and hat, and cranking Mozart while navigating a winding back road.

I did have an weird experience with a DeLorian owner. He was apparently hard core on his car and said that if we were both parked somewhere, his car would be the only one noticed. I smiled and said, "perhaps." I didn't want to start an argument by voicing my true opinion. Some people just can't help but try to compete.

16. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    It's a spyder. I sunburn easily. And I am allergic to sunblock. ;)

I stand by my statement.

17. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art

Only because they'd be strip searching his car for drugs.

Art

18. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    You should have axed him to show you the flux capacitor?

19. ferrari_rich

ferrari_rich Karting

Oct 1, 2006
    Southampton, NY
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Reactions to my Ferrari:

I love driving my Ferrari, it is the combination of handling, performance, and beautiful sound! I have noticed many people pointing, taking pics, etc. which is cool, because it seems to give them so much pleasure. BUT, for me, I hate the attention (always been the one sitting in the back of the class). I wish sometimes the car looked like an Old's 88 when I was driving, so as to blend in better.

My story though, is of a recent visit from a friend. I had given her the 25 cent tour of my area in the Ferrari, which she seemed to kind of enjoy, but was not overly thrilled (with the car that is). Just as I thought, because cars are a guy thing right?

Well later that night, she was passing through the garage and noticed, parked next to the Ferrari and the MG is my 1974 Jeep CJ-5. Well, she stopped dead in her tracks and said, "You know, I don't mean to offend, the Ferrari is nice and all, but this jeep. This jeep is awesome!!! I want this jeep!"

Go figure, what guy would chose the Jeep over a ferrari?

20. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    In college my Jeep got me much nicer and prettier girls than the Arab kids did with their Porsches and Ferraris(well only one of them had a Ferrari). They got the clubing type of girls(hot but freaky in a one night stand kind of way), I got the loyal sorority girls(preppy with things going on upstairs). We were all happy 18-twentysomethings, different strokes for different folks, I guess. Jeeps and Ferraris have both kept me happy since I was a little toddler playing with the little ones and admireing the real ones. One is the Italian Sportscar, the othe the true American Sportscar!

So what guy would choose the Jeep over the Ferrari? All depends on the occasion! ;)
    Forza......in the dirt! :D

21. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    LOL! I've found that DMC owners fall into two camps...those who love "Back to the Future" and those who hate it.

How would it be if Ferrari was forever thought of as the car in "Vacation" with Chevy Chase?

22. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I always thought it was the car from "One Crazy Summer" that Bobcat Goldthwait turned in to a speedboat! ;)

Darn I wish I could find a picture of that on the interweb.....

23. BluMalago

BluMalago Karting

Jan 18, 2007
    This isn't a Ferrari story but it fits in here anyway. My father decided he'd let me borrow his Maserati Gransport for the day. I drove it into town to get lunch with a friend who also happened to

be a car fanatic. I live in an affluent neighborhood where BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches, Lexus, etc. are fairly common, but needless to say, a Maserati was something special. It didn't help that a

bunch of teenagers were standing around this car (please refrain from the spoiled kid comments). Anyway, a middle aged man who owned the Land Rover Discovery parked next to my dad's car

decided to talk to the group of teenagers assembled around it before he got into his own car. He wondered out loud whose car it was and nearly fainted when I pulled out the keys. He

stayed for a good 15 minutes talking about how nice the car was before he finally got into his SUV and pulled (very carefully) out. Oh, of course he made me start the car which turned a few

heads.

24. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    #149 CMT, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006