How Do People React to Your Ferrari...? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

How Do People React to Your Ferrari...?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 365boy, Nov 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Oh you guys are so lucky, i have to say, the 458 doesn't get quite so much vitriol, and gets its fair share of nice comments, but where I am here in the UK, as I've said before, you may as well have a target painted on your car for every crazy. They shout, they scream, they want to damage you/the car. It's weird, I would say that on every drive, you will get at least one incident of either fist waving, name calling or ridiculous driving moves designed to supposedly intimidate

2. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    US/UK seem to have the most aggressive reactions from people, maybe it a wealth disparity issue.

3. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think you are right..... Lots less tolerance overall everywhere, morons think that it's now okay to make instant decisions on violence or aggressive behaviour that previously they may have toned down or suppressed on the grounds of social conscience. The Facebook generation seems to have decided it's right to have your say, right or wrong, moral or not, instantaneously, and in whatever way YOU decide, regardless of the effect on others.

4. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    this is way too true

5. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    People seem to believe that I care what they think.

Don't know how they got that foolish idea.

6. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Nice. And heck, at this point I'm not sure if I care what I think!

7. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    This Saturday, at the fuel station, a boy of maybe 8 approached very shy, eyes wide and grinning. Asked him, whether he would like to have a seat behind the wheel. After he had obtained permission by his parents, he sat in and really enjoyed it, apparently, and got out as soon as I finished filling up. Another person at another fuel pump meant to me "Thats the advantage of being a little boy!". All people around were looking at us very friendly.

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    On the 1st I've been asked by the mother of my wife's sisters boyfriend to take his sister to prom, I'm looking forward to it as it will be all 'ooooo and ahhhhhh' and appreciation for the car. It's becoming quite a regular thing now, two weddings and three proms already!

9. F.Engineering

F.Engineering Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 23, 2015
    ITALY
    Full Name:
    Fabio
    Hi Bernhard,
    good boy, you did happy a boy .... It will remember forever...

It remember me when i was young and i seen the dream cars ....

10. 308mon

308mon Karting

Oct 5, 2014
    UK
    Never really had any adverse reactions in very many years, until yesterday evening. Pulled out from a side-road onto the main road just after a 2001 blue BMW 7 series had gone past. Few yards down the road driver decides "oh look a Ferrari behind, I'll show him" and zooms off. I kept a respectable distance behind whilst the driver performed like an idiot. I decided to drop back further after I saw how the moron was taking the corners. Just as well I did as his passenger then decided to open their window and throw out a brown paper take-away bag full of food wrappers, etc. onto the road in front of me.

Sometimes the reactions around these parts are from "boy racers" who decide if they see you behind in the local town to make as much noise as possible and start driving like a "prat".

11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike

I had nearly the same thing happen (minus the throwing of garbage out the window)

12. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    Some time ago at a red traffic light. Me first on the right lane. On the left lane besides me a battered old diesel commercial van. The guys looking down on me not really unfriendly, but neither friendly. Looking up to them with a very broad grin I blipped the engine a few times to 6000. They began laughing and the driver blipped the gas of the poor old diesel engine in response :D. I did not look back, what the driver behind the van might have thought of that :D.

13. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee Karting

Mar 18, 2015
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Gee Monie
    i love the busted ass beaters with spoilers,tinted windows and exhaust amplifiers that pass when im cruising along at 10 over,excited they just "beat" a ferrari. little different story out the blocks when i catch them at a light when i get to 10 over again in a matter of seconds not minutes.

14. Walt Gamble

Walt Gamble Formula Junior

May 22, 2014
    What scares me are appreciative drivers trying to take my picture as they drive by...over all people respect the Brand. We also play it down referring to it as a our cheap RV.

360 is the next 275GTB