How do u become a special client to buy exclusive F Cars? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How do u become a special client to buy exclusive F Cars?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Fat Viking, May 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Problem Ferrari is making a lot more cars than they used to make in a down market for luxury items, particularly China. It’s not the same company Enzo or Luca ran.

Harley Davidson did the same thing for decades, but they now have announced production cuts. Turns out there are limits as to how many people are willing to spend $35,000 on a motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Fat Viking likes this.
  2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Do I think Ferrari is making too many cars? Well, speaking strictly business, too many would mean there aren't enough people to buy them, so I guess not. Do I wish they wouldn't make as many? Yes. But, whether they make 10,000 or 5,000, it doesn't change the fact that they are incredible cars. They remain the standard of the high end sports car/GT market, both in products and mystique.

Drson, Texas Forever and Fat Viking like this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The simplest way to put it is be a good customer in every sense of the term.

Buy many
    Buy often
    Use them
    Service them
    Show them
    Be known as an enthusiast by the dealer/club/local importer

Yes, some people will get invited even though they never use their cars but they probably make it up somehow (Buy more cars or are young and represent a potential ROI over the next 40 years).

In some cases, being on the list makes you money, in some it doesnt. But if you are in it just for the money, you wont stay on the list for long.

LARRYH, Texas Forever and Fat Viking like this.
  4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So justin Bieber, and the Kardashian clan are true ferrari enthuisits? Huh.. they seem to have zero trouble getting Ferrari's latest and greatest without having to own anything of significant collector value..

Jay Leno..some how is not on thier list..big mistake pissing him off..especially now..he is the owner of quite a few significant cars..I understand his position and respect it. If people didnt have such fragile egos..ferraris selection "service" would not exist.

Fat Viking and Texas Forever like this.
  5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

AFAIK, the Kardashian LaF was sourced 2nd hand. Which special Ferrari does Bieber own?

Leno has no interest in Ferrari. Some say he was offended by a dealer back in the days and since then has never wanted a Ferrari. Who knows if it's the truth.

The selection service has pros and cons. I understand a company wanting to reward its most loyal fans with a shot at owning their most special products. It's not about ego, if you are passionate about a brand and spend decades championing it with your passion and your money, it's nice to see the brand return the favor.

LARRYH, Fat Viking and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    The Kardashians and Justin Bieber don’t acquire Ferrari’s most exclusive offerings from the factory, they buy them via the secondary market. Ferrari can’t stop that. As for Jay Leno (of whom I’m a big fan), I cant say whether he could be one of Ferrari’s most exclusive clients or not, but he clearly doesn’t seem to care. To my knowledge, he’s much more of a Lamborghini and McLaren fan, owning a few of each.

Fat Viking likes this.
  7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Typed at the same time. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Fat Viking likes this.
  8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I thought Bieber was able to get his hands on the laFerrari Aparta..even though Preston couldn't , the owner of the most valuable ferrari ever..(rest his soul).

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Cant see a Kardashian buying a second hand anything..

Fat Viking likes this.
  10. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    That’s a whole different crazy story!!!

11. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    No, he doesn't. Jay likes cool cars, and enjoys driving them/sharing them far more than being on a list of preferred customers.

tbakowsky and Fat Viking like this.
  12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Again, as I stated previously, the individuals that I know who play at the ultra exclusive level that qualifies them to order Ferrari supercars, couldn't car less about impressing anyone. Jay Leno clearly admires Ferrari's. I don't believe he's ever featured more of one brand than Ferarri on his show with the possible exception of Lamborghini. If he wanted to own one or many Ferrari's, it obviously wouldn't be an issue. I'm assuming it just isn't his thing. Seinfeld is a Porsche man. I don't therefore assume he hates Ferrari.

amenasce and Fat Viking like this.
  13. bakes17

bakes17 Karting

Sep 25, 2012
    UK
    The quickest way to get ahead is to take part in racing activity. The 488 Challenge series drivers are well looked after. We got to buy the Pista Piloti and you could only buy if you were a Ferrari race driver.
    That and build up a relationship with the dealer and attend the events....and buy a LOT of cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat Viking likes this.
  14. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Obviously, we're not going to change each other minds. Different strokes. But know this, Ferrari today is not the Ferrari of yesterday. It is Fiat by another name. Once upon a time, somebody at Fiat had a great idea. Segment the market into Ferrari/Maserati/Alfa. It was a great idea. But Fiat, being Fiat, couldn't help themselves. Then Fiat did what Fiat does. It got involved with Chrysler at a time it had (and still does) massive excess production capacity. This means Ferrari is Fiat's piggy bank. Ferrari is building more cars because Fiat needs them to build more cars. Unfortunately, Ferrari doesn't have the quality controls in place necessary to build more cars. There's more, but what's the point?

If I ran Ferrari, I would sell nothing but supercars for $750,000 and up. I would get rid of the vanity corporate dealerships and go back to the old school dealers like Ferrari of Houston or Ferrari of Washington. I would also build the highest quality in the world. I would offer a no-questions asked warranty.

Betcha glad I don't run Ferrari, huh?

15. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    One can still dream that it might happen.

16. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    No, not really. I actually think you’d do a better job than they’re doing right now.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Actually, we totally agree. I "wish" these things as well. My point is, the world changes and it can't be stopped. Like Ferrari today or not, I still can't criticize their product line. Do I like that they make so many? No. But, they are amazing cars. I can't say for certain, but I'm guessing that the Ferrari clientele from the 60's bemoaned the changes that came about in the 70's and 80's. It's almost a guarantee that we romanticize "what was". in fairness, the cars they build today are of much better quality than they were back in the glory days.

18. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Regarding Ferraris in the '70s and early '80s, those were hard times. There is one story about the last Daytona Spyder where Ferrari shipped the car to a long-time owner without even asking him.

Fat Viking likes this.
  19. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    This is so on point. Young people do fantasize about the current models. My children all do. Ferrari are going to sell lots of fast beautiful cars to people who haven't accumulated their wealth yet.

Fat Viking likes this.
  20. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I think Ferrari has been able to preserve its “aura”, so to speak. Young people today still want to own one and still recognize the brand as the epitome of speed and the ultimate luxury. It’s still a highly coveted item.

Where I have my doubts is if they want to own one because they think Ferrari makes great cars and they know how to drive and appreciate a true exotic super sports car, as true petrolheads do, or if it’s because a Ferrari makes a statement to the world that you’ve came a long way and makes for cool social media photos, intended to dazzle your “friends” and followers and, in turn, get you virtual perks of all sorts.

Long story short, from where I stand, Ferrari is still very much sought after by the younger generations. Just don’t know if it’s for the right reasons.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

21. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    With the rate at which new mutli millionaires and billionaires are made every year i dont think Ferrari is making too many cars. If Ferrari has a problem its lack of marketing.

The days of them being so revered they didnt need to aggressively market, are behind them. But I firmly believe if they started marketing they could go to 20k cars easily per year. They can sell that in China alone. But they need to market as the new generations require it.

Fat Viking likes this.
  22. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The problem is Ferrari doesn't have the quality control to build 20,000 cars.

23. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    lol well yeah but thts a totally different conversation...and you made me laugh out loud.

Texas Forever and Fat Viking like this.
  24. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Throughout time it’s been the wealthy young who have purchased Ferrari’s then the have children and all that changes it’s the way
    of the world.

25. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Maybe not so true for the mid-front V12s.