How do you explain/justify this........... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How do you explain/justify this...........

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Easyrider7467, Dec 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    There certainly are common threads that run through people, non-enthusiasts ususally of nothing.
    I feel in love with a 308 when I was just thirteen years old, I'm 38 now and can fullfill my passion.

Passion is what fuels me, fuels us. I enjoy being passionate about my interests and in return I'm paid back with chills within myself and, less I forget the grin.
    Back in the day when I first saw the, low, sleek, red car with these really coooool air scoops on the sides and a nose shaped like a shark. I had no idea what it was. What it cost. Who made it?. I had to learn about the scoops.

The only thing I knew, I was in love with the design. Oh and the sound, wow.
    I loved it!!
    Thats when my Passion began and I began to learn about a car called a Ferrari. From then, back when I was 13, I was hooked.
    And my first negative experience was when I shared my new Passion with a neighbor. This older gentleman always would say "yea, ok Johnny, keep dreamin"

So i did. Thanks Lou (r.i.p.)

2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I've seen this one over and over and over. People always assume that Ferrari ownership is exclusive to the "rich b*st*rds".

When I explain to these people that a 308GT4 can be had for well under $20K, they don't look interested --- they look annoyed.

I've concluded that people want to believe that Ferraris are unobtainable. That way, they don't have to worry about not owning one.

When you give up your dreams, you don't like to be reminded that they're still out there, for those who would reach out for them. It's like tossing that snobby girl's phone number off a boat, only to find it bobbing alongside. ;)

Maybe that's why "real people" get so much flack when buying Ferraris: If you can buy a Ferrari, then why don't they?

So that would be a way to annoy someone, such as those "hard cases" mentioned in the first post. (Winston Churchill defined a "fanatic" as someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.)

If someone keeps nagging for an answer to why you're buying a Ferrari, ask him why he ISN'T buying one.