How do you guys clean your dashboard and the leather on your door interior | FerrariChat

How do you guys clean your dashboard and the leather on your door interior

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by legendd, Jul 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. legendd

legendd Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Moshe levy
    Hi all.
    So I was just wondering what do you use to clean your dashboard leather.
    There are all kinds of products and wipes out there but I'm not sure they are all good for my car.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    I use Leatherique twice a year.
    In between just a minimally damp towel.

3. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Agree with Killer. I use Leatherique Pristine clean about once a month on my leather. Works really well.

4. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Best to use a conditioner that also contains a UV protectant with the exposure a dash, etc. is exposed to. The entire line of Wolfgang products are high quality, non greasy and natural luster products.

https://www.autogeek.net/wg7000.html

5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  6. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    I use Chemical Guys Leather Quick Detailer and love it. Easy on/off with low luster.

7. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    The best UV blocker is the 303 Aerospace Protectant,

8. legendd

legendd Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Moshe levy
  9. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Any issues with the color stitching in the seats, steering wheel, etc?
    My car has black leather with white stitching and always wondered if I could use this type of leather cleaners without affecting the stitching. Do you apply the product around the stitching or on top of it? does it matter? Your advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legendd likes this.
  10. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    When I use the cleaner after treatment, the towel is quite dirty.
    I wouldn’t want to rub that on white stitching.

11. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I've been using Lexol low ph gel spray cleaner to start. As all of us have tried various products I've found this the best. It is a cleaner only.
    Most of the conditioners work well but the cleaning first seems to give the best results. I've also used in a very gentle way the Mr. Clean erasing sponge after first soaking in water, wringing out and then applying the cleaning gel. Got out some of the denim blue that can transfer from jeans.

My car was at the Pasadena show and the comments on the tan interior was how new it looked.

12. legendd

legendd Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Moshe levy
    so I was watching this Video on youtube with how to use Lexol.

and like Nel1 asked above here, I am super worried about my white stitching, Am I safe applying the cleaner and conditioner on the stitching? If not, this is going to not work and ill just use a damp cloth or something

13. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    Ive taken my sports cars to a local leather upholstery expert several times. He has been in the trade for years. I took along a few bottles of different leather clean/treatment brands. He doesnt use any of them. He only uses warm soapy water. Not harsh soap and only a little.

He wipes all the leather down with the soapy water, then gently dries it with a separate cloth.

Ive tried it and it work sgreat. Dont use dishwash liquid soap or anything that 'strips' the leather or is too harsh.

Just a suggestion passed on, Im no expert. Howver all my car interiors look great :)

PS This method also works on my F car that has a black interior and red stitching - no discoloring.

14. rw99

rw99 Karting

Jan 1, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Can I bump this thread to see if there’s any recent experience with treating/cleaning the leather dash in 488/F8 cars? Mine (2016, black leather with red stitching) is looking good with the exception of a few very faint finger(?) smudges… I’d like to remove those and put on a truly invisible protective treatment.

TIA for any recommendations or “don’t use” advice!

Rich