How do you remove Daytona front turn signals? | FerrariChat

How do you remove Daytona front turn signals?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tifosi12, Apr 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The famous front turn signals on the Daytona are secured in place by about five screws. One of them is underneath the circular reflector at the end of the lens.

How do you remove that reflector to get to the screw without breaking either the reflector or the lens?

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i have never worked on a Daytona, so if i am wrong, i am sorry, but its been my experience that there is a way to get to the back of the reflector and unscrew a plastic cap or cover ( think big wing nut ) to remove the reflector. some of my other cars were like this. sorry if i am wrong and of no help to you. i saw no replies, so i wanted to at least try and help.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks. But no, it is not like this. The reflector is a flat round plastic cap that snaps onto the turn signal. No screws or anything. If you try to pry it off there, you break it and the turn signal. Dont ask me why I know...
    :(

I can only imagine that there is some tool, that grabs the reflector all around and pries it off with equal pressure all around. At any rate a rather bizarre design.

I think for the time being I'll just leave off that one screw underneath. I don't like spending $ 400 for every time a light bulb burns out.

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Is it in the manual?

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good question. I'll check tonight. It just goes against my grain to ever read any kind of manual.
    :)

6. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    You don't.

It's glued together, and all you can do is remove the whole lamp from the inside to gain access to the bulbs for replacement.

If you are trying to clean them.... put them in warm soapy water and shake well!! Rinse and repeat!

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thank you Sire!

8. dbcooper

dbcooper Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2005
    Costa Mesa,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Tim Romero
    The bulbs are accessable from the backside of the assembly and doesnt require removal of said assy.The hardest part of removing a Daytona turn lite assy is accessing the screws that are located between the turn lamp and the pop up headlight assembly,they are located in the gap between these items.If I remember correctly if you pop up the headlight assy,1 of the screws is barely reachable but the inner one is a real ***** to get to,you have to be creative to get to it.I have seen more than one car where this screw is left off.(not a bad idea)the other bear is that you then must remove the sheet metal access panel from the inner fenderwell to access the other screws and wires.There is no screw under the reflector,so do yourself a big and potentially expensive favor and dont pry off the reflector Tim.