How does the FF compare in twisty roads? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How does the FF compare in twisty roads?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Aug 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I saw this. The horses neck is broke on the grill. Lol. Poor cavallino.

3. PJ72

PJ72 Karting

Jun 1, 2017
    Owned a 15 FF for one year, drove it extensively on twisty roads where it does a god job of masking its weight and the engine is fantastic. Drove it on track where frankly i thought it sucked, loads of under-steer and felt really heavy. I Don't believe for a second that it beats other mid engine and lighter Ferraris unless the track has no turns. Tracked a 997 GT3 for years pretty hard and with the FF I felt like I was driving an 18-wheeler. Granted a GT3 is a totally different car. Bottom line, if you want a unique and pretty comfortable DD with the occasional Sunday balst, it is an amazing choice, if you plan to track it, buy something else.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I had not noticed that. lol

crinoid likes this.
  5. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    I just got back from a 3000 mile loop (from Seattle down Hwy 1 to LA over to Palm Springs, up to Vegas then Sun Valley, ID then back to Seattle). Car performed amazingly through the twisties although I was not keeping up with my three sons in the McLaren 570GT, Ferrari 488, and 911 Turbo S. I think that has more to do with the ages of my sons (21-24) then the FF. I don't know, something about passing huge trees right on the road around a curve at 80 mph that makes me sweat. My son's kept saying "you can't out drive your car Dad", hahaha.

I just love my FF. It's funky, but Ferrari all the way. And guess who was able to hold all the luggage????? You guessed it, five suitcases and a bunch of other stuff (my wife and girlfriends flew in and road the last 1/2 back).

No issues other than my TPMS system went down (but then recovered), my radio volume stopped working (might be just a fuse), and my passenger seat beat hand-off mechanism failed.... again :(

Fun stuff.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great feedback!!!
    Tough car to keep up with regardless!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    White color for cars must be a family tradition! :) Yeah, wanna the old man to carry all those suitcases...with all that weight, it's no wonder it has become more difficult to keep up!

9. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    That’s quite the collection for the family, yikes...

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

You guys must have had the time of your lives! Awesome.

11. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Thanks everyone, yeah, it's a special thing we do every year. Once they start having kids and such, it will be hard to get them together......

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Gave the FF a second chance this weekend. I thought maybe only fools do not change their minds. The model I tried, although not my favorite color combo had literally all options and sports exhaust on. The experience was much more enjoyable this time around and I got the Ferrari feeling I was looking for. So I guess the FF is now back on my list, I just have to find the right one;)

iloveferrari and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    yeah!!

14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    simply amazing.

I challenge people to find a daily driver that hauls 4 adult and 4 luggage that can sound like this and have as much prestige as fun driving it.

To the op, just be patient, wait for a nice spec. I think FF looks better with deep metallic color that shows the masculine lines.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

I came to like Grigio silverstone it it’s as well some sinister black on black ones.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

The one thing I have not changed my mind on is that the lusso is not for me and I find it way too over priced in what it brings vs say a 2016 FF but that’s just me;)

timjen88 likes this.
  17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I think you're right. Lusso interior materials such as leather actually are thinner than FF. Smells differently as well.

18. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I have no regrets in upgrading from FF to Lusso. Interior is a much better place to be and the leather in mine is just fine compared to FF (standard Cuoio). The driving experience is way ahead (ok, all relative, but given it is basically the same chassis and engine the improvements are very worthwhile). I get much more enjoyment driving quickly around twisty roads in the Lusso compared to the FF which always felt a little unnatural on turn-in when pressing on. The Lusso mostly solves the few handling traits I disliked with the FF, though it is still no mid-engined V8 as some people say about the way these cars drive - that is nonsense really, they both have their own vibe compared to the V8 cars and I think they are really cool. I would totally understand people who decide not to upgrade on the basis of cost since a used FF represents great value and there is now only one other car that can do what the FF does - the Lusso.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree with all your saying but as you pointed out 350k VS a 175k used FF that’s robbery to me. Plus the FF standard exhaust sounds better to me;)

timjen88 likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

2 years later my personal opinion is that the car is extremely good in the twisties! Sure it’s heavy and long, but the steering is sharp and the car shrinks as you drive it and is very engaging.

TriumphantTaco and Bas like this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    told u so!
    :)

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Very much so!
    Precise steering, great sound, powerful, comfortable, it’s not as fun as a 355/458 but it’s pretty darn close!

23. aureux

aureux Rookie

Mar 14, 2021
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    John M
    FF in comparison to a 458, in the words of Niki Lauda; it drives like a pig.

Incomparison to cars in its class, ie. S63, Continental GT, Aston Vanquish; it drives like a 458.

24. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Why would anyone with the slightest knowledge of driving compare the driving dynamics of a mid engine V8 Ferrari to
    a front engine V12 2+2

25. aureux

aureux Rookie

Mar 14, 2021
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    John M
    lol, you obviously haven't read much of this particular thread, and decided to randomly comment, so I'll spare you the motif, it was said in sarcasm....;)