How expensive to change the carpet color? | FerrariChat

How expensive to change the carpet color?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by deshapiro, Jan 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    Asking because I finally found a car that hits all my high point. Except that is has black carpet and I really like tan.

Thanks,
    David

2. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Which model? You going to install it? or Have a shop do it?

3. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    458 Spider. I'm not very handy. I'd have it professionally done.
    What brand is it?

David

4. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Good morning. Best to list a general location of where you are in the country and i’m sure someone here can recommend a shop that will do the work. Replaced the carpet in one of my 308 two years ago and the carpet was right around $1200 with me doing the install. Vicks upholstery in Van Nuys California is who I purchased from. Would guess 458 carpet would be about $3k Plus labor?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    The Chicago area

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’m certain you can buy OEM carpets a dealer and have them installed, if OEM is important or you. Yes, OEM will be pricier.

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    That's the first thing I did when I got my 360. Paid 650 for the new carpet and sold the old for 300. Did it myself, straightforward replacement.

G. Pepper likes this.
  8. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I don't see the carpets or car color when driving.

Buy the car not the colors.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  9. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Easy to say that, and while the car in and of itself is what you are buying you don't just buy the car for the car, you get color combos that make you feel good when you see it. Color combos that stir your soul and make you feel the speed even when the car is just sitting in the garage.

Me personally I couldn't buy any car that was black or had a red interior, just personal preference. No black exterior because its a real ***** to keep clean and no red interior because I just can't stand it. It's unfortunate too because it sure seems these used cars with the red interiors sell quite a bit cheaper. Painted or powder coated rims are forking me off lately too. Sure seems like everyone is making black powder coated rims "standard" which I highly dislike. I'm sure everyone has some item they just couldn't stand. If it's something you can fix, change or replace and it makes you feel better about the car, do so.

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper