How good is the colour Rosso Portofino? | FerrariChat

How good is the colour Rosso Portofino?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by bob_Uk, Apr 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    I have a Portofino in RP and comparing it to other cars in red (other than Rosso Corsa ), I am coming to the conclusion that it could be the best Ferrari have created.

There are far more Rosso variations than I could list or have seen ,but looking at the cars in the main alternative colours it just seems to me a genuine long-term "classic" colour.

I may do a Poll, but if you have seen a car outside in PR what do you think? Is it a one-model wonder or a long term colour?

2. Jay Pierce

Jay Pierce Rookie

Oct 28, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jay Pierce
    Please post photos of your Portofino and let us judge the color.

3. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    I can and have already, but that is not the point of the question really. On photos and under lights it looks one way, but when you have one in front of you it is very different in my eyes.

Just interested to know what people who have seen it outside think.

I guess we could do a separate thread about the colour in general but these fancy paints seem inconsistent in photos and I think there is a danger of judging the photos not the car.

4. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Fuoco and Coburn are similar to me. All three are fantastic!

5. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    This is one in London and I think is actually a pretty good example of how the car looks.

[​IMG]

6. Jay Pierce

Jay Pierce Rookie

Oct 28, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jay Pierce

7. Jay Pierce

Jay Pierce Rookie

Oct 28, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jay Pierce
    This is a nice Portofino!
    I think it is fair to say, the Rosso Portofino ranks high in the Rosso spectrum.
    I have yet to see one in person. However, based on the photos I have seen,
    the brilliance of the paint is brought out by bright sunlight.

Perhaps, you can share with us, the options you selected.

How is the ride quality?

8. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    This is my car in the showroom - to me quite different to the outside shot.

I chose the colour as it was the launch colour (so one would think it suited the car) and it was not Corsa which was a bit too Fast Car for me.

I went with the standard wheels as at the time there were delays with the option ones. Black interior with red stitching. LED wheel. Apple which I think is a must.

Regarding ride quality - I have the upgrade Magnaride but the jury is out. You cannot use it on the softest ride option only on the harder one (mind blank what they are). So you put in sportier setting and add Magnaride - not sure of the point. Works really well in the 488. Generally however the ride is fine and some mag reports of it being hard are just not what I have experienced so far in the UK over a number of 100+ mile journeys.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tommygun64, 355TDI and Jay Pierce like this.
  9. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    I’ve waited for RP too rather than switch as I think it looks just stunning. It arrives in 3 weeks and I can’t wait. Like Bob, I’m not a big fan of rosso corsa either, but I do think some of the other dark metallic reds look good too.

10. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    I saw the color in person at the Ferrari museum in Maranello 2 weeks ago and was amazed. It definitely stood out compared to other reds there. Of course, it was under perfect lighting indoors. Mine is on a ship to arrive in Houston in the next few weeks.

11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Havent seen RP in real life but of those reds I have Fuoco looks the best.

12. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    Still looking to comparisons between RP and other extra cost reds. There must be more of them around now that people have seen!

13. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bob,

It’s stunning! Just back from a trip and first time we have had both together!
    Rosso corsa is to strong a colour for the Porto. The internal on ours is sabia but in real life the colours creama/sabia look almost identical. The sabia works better with RP I think.

Dave
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3850162 View attachment 4032154 View attachment 2669220

tommygun64, johnr265 and Russ123 like this.
  14. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ps my son has a fiesta titanium x... paint option £700 (ruby red) and he didn’t have to wait!
    It looks almost identical :)

View attachment 5024216

15. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    What a garage. My spider is grey so the red is quite a change for me. But I have to say I like it.

What do you think RP would like on the 488? I said originally that I think it is going to be a classic colour longer term - would you have it on the spider as an alternative to one of the other non-Corsa reds?

16. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Love the red carpets! I assume the stitch and carpets are rosso and not bordeaux?

17. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The 488 has red carpets with red stitching!

18. 777dgt

777dgt Rookie

May 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Roma
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NYC Fred and Gcsdave like this.
  19. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    That is an incredibly nice Looking car.
    First time I have seen this combination.
    I ordered the same.
    I was not sure about the black top- but it looks great.
    Any more pics?
    How did you do on the interior?
    I am sure it looks even better in person.

20. 777dgt

777dgt Rookie

May 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Roma
  21. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    Those colors can't be judged by looking at some pics. Cameras can't translate their fidelity and depth. Best is seeing them in real world.

Rosso Portofino may look very nice inside a building with artificial light but it is nowhere as nice as a metallic or 3 layer rosso corsa outdoors. I think the classic will stay rosso corsa.

22. TerpFan

TerpFan Rookie

Apr 1, 2021
    princeton
    Full Name:
    mike jerome shaw
    SVCalifornia likes this.
  23. TerpFan

TerpFan Rookie

Apr 1, 2021
    princeton
    Full Name:
    mike jerome shaw
  24. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Had my sf90 done with RP as well as the Portofino. It’s a triple layer on the sf90. They are slightly different colours on the two cars….
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bill Phillips likes this.
  25. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It’s a beautiful color.