How good is the Ford GT | Page 7 | FerrariChat

How good is the Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by leead1, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
  2. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
  3. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
  4. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    I was not a big fan of what was done to it but I respect the vision they had when they did it.

5. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Luke, I am a little confused. Which GT was yours, the red stripe delete car in one of your prior posts or the silver flared car above, or are they the same car just modified?

6. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Go to the back of the line of FGT owners if you want to take your turn to try to insult me lol. That video was made as a joke for a friend who owns an Aventador. Didn't think to make it private since I didn't think to realize people would be stalking me on youtube :)

7. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Same car

8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
  9. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Luke I'm calling you a liar - they second car you posted was the Matech car that ran last year- the posted picture can be found easily...

The scheme is found they the GTGuys website - it was designed and executed by Camilo Pardo. Dude you are so full of ****.

10. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Liar or not you can't call anybody an idiot. Learn some tact Mark, you know better.

11. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    He called you out and this is the answer?

Maybe it could be that Kieth was serious and Mark wasn't.

You have a nice car. No one is doubting that. But when you start making outlandish claims, some people are going to ask you to back them up.

As for your dismissal of the FGT as an outstanding supercar (Geritolmobile? Ha!), take a gander at this. This comparison was written by a enthusiast on Rennlist (Porsche Central) comparing his Carrera Gt to his Ford GT. Just the fact that an owner sees the FGT as comprable speaks volumes.

Owner Review: Ford GT vs. Carrera GT - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Two other members have both cars and enjoy them.

12. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim

Thanks for posting that write up. I read it very quickly, so I am going to reread at some point. I think that the owner tried to do a great non-biased comparison. The Carrera GT might be a better car, but I would take a Ford GT over it any day of the week. The Carrera GT is a very nice car, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't have the same impact on me that the Ford GT does.

13. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Sigh... for someone who claims to be in contact with so many FGT owners, you don't seem to know much. There's a thread about that car on the FGT site and it's history is public knowledge. Do some homework and then get back on here and say you're sorry for being so uninformed. I'm immune to your name calling so whatever...

14. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    I don't care about meeting kverges or him calling me out.

A 3500lb FGT will not hang with a 2100lb GT40 on the track.

Someone holds the FGT in the same regard at the CGT ok. Technical analysis of each does not agree.

The current FGT market represents an unsustainable bubble.

15. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Visually speaking, I agree. People incorrectly think I hate the FGT. I rather liked mine. It's a component of the owner community that I could take or leave.

16. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    #166 ghibliman, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    Luke (sellers remorse) Warmwater - 51 posts.

You must be in TROLL heaven right now :)

17. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    I didn't know you could count that high :)

I'm in reality heaven which really bothers a couple of you apparently lol.

18. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I think you can get that component in any community, sad to say. But there are also a lot of good ones out there too.

19. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Poor Luke....has such a tough time making friends everywhere. But it's not him.....it's them, everywhere.

20. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I can't help myself. When was the last time your GT40 was on track? Not doing a straight line roll "race," but a road course where you ran for say 20+ continuous minutes at some kind of real pace. 'Cause surely you don't just cruise on the street in your "race" car. And surely you don't make a habit of running excessive speed on the street.

And if you happen to answer the first question (rather than deflect with comments about golf or something) I'd like date, track and lap times.

21. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex

I agree with this as I have had both and held onto my FGT. I'd love to get another CGT one day maybe in a couple years or so. The CGT is absolutely amazing, but I find the FGT a much easier car to manage and control, it's easier to drive, much more comfortable, after a couple hours in the CGT Holy back pain, Not the Ford. The FGT looks way better IMO a timeless design. Maintenance is a breeze, Overall it's just a blast to own. I do miss the CGT's exhaust note it sounds incredible. However, I do have the Ford Racing exhaust which is just as intoxicating.

22. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Ok... my answer remains the same. I don't care lol.

23. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    You're on the internet to make friends? I'm here to talk about the FGT bubble market. Is that you Shelby?

24. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hello Luke. I hope you are having a nice day, I certainly am. I would like to finally end this little thread by exposing you for being, lets say, a little less truthful with us than you have indicated. First there was the "cup holder" fiasco (still looking for mine) that you claimed to have in your old "cruiser Ford GT" - you know, before you sold it. THEN in post 151 you showed us your "car". Look it up other viewers while I wait…..

Does it look familiar to this? : The GT Guy - GT-1S and GT-3S

Thought so. This car is an engineering "artist rendering" of a street car that Rich Brooks at The GT Guys envisioned by utilizing the GT1 version of the Ford GT as a donor candidate. The very same Rich Brooks that modified my car with its carbon fiber interior and new Whipple blower. The very SAME Rich Brooks that has never heard of you Luke.

So, Luke, unless you award a multi millionaire engaged into privateer Le Mans racing as the Matech group owner it appears that what you have told us about your ownership of the Ford GT series is, to say the least, unreliable.

Have a GREAT day - I know I certain am!

25. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Your right and I apologize.