How is the Scud market holding up ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How is the Scud market holding up ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Pransingh Horse, Oct 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RDKJ

RDKJ Karting

Jul 2, 2006
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'm sure you will find isolated examples of Scuds selling 10-50k over MSRP in the US. However, I doubt you will find many. If you are a buyer today, my guess you will still have to pay 100k to find one.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't think so, I believe sellers are still asking and willing to take $100k over MSRP :D, but buyers looking around can buy in low $300's.

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The black wagon with the landau bars, behind the Scuderia there; looks like a suitable ride for the heartbroken seller...
    CH

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I know of 2 that sold locally for $25k & $40k over sticker.

5. RDKJ

RDKJ Karting

Jul 2, 2006
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The key word is sold. I still say that at 25k and 40k over, these are isolated examples. Realistically, how many Scuds have changed hands already?

6. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    I think that these were likely cases that the bad economy had flushed out the flippers, either in a hurry to sell or just not taking delivery. There are probably still some left in the pipeline (i.e. ordered cars). It's a good thing as the Scuderia should go to people who truly want the car to drive/collect than to speculate.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I just posted a pic of one. Modenafan knows of 2. I haven't even been looking.

8. Green

Green Karting

Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Any ideas which dealers might have new Scuds for sale at say 15-25k over?

9. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    Ferrari dealers are not allowed by FNA to advertise these cars for sale, you sort of having to be connected with the dealers to know about the availability. Or you can stop by often to check on the inventory. I'm also in the opinion that a Scuderia is harder to come by even during the current economic turmoil.

10. RDKJ

RDKJ Karting

Jul 2, 2006
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rick

According to the previous posters they are readily available 40k or under. I still venture to say you will only find them at that price due a recent hardship caused by the economy, even then they will be few and far between. I've yet to see a US car on ebay or on the classified board at that price.

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Personally,I don't doubt there are some Scuds selling for 20-40k over when their owners are hard pressed.
    I also believe that these examples get snatched up plenty quick by ready buyers and don't linger on the market....

12. marakji

marakji Karting

Aug 19, 2007
    denial is an amazing thing... some of you may wanna spend less time on the forum and more time on places like www.bloomberg.com and get a taste of what's happening out there (no offense)... $100k over msrp... ???

13. RDKJ

RDKJ Karting

Jul 2, 2006
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The proof is in the pudding - show me where you can buy one for 25-40k.

14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    True,these 100k markups are long gone in reality but there still is a very strong demand for cars with 25-40k premium.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Why so obstinate about this? Do you own one? You don't see Scuds advertised around, there is such a demand that when one is available they aren't sitting around long enough to be advertised. The fact we're trying to get across is that recently there have been several of these trading hands at $25-40k MSRP.

Now whether there is a huge demand at those prices and it won't drop below that I don't know. Maybe just these last few weeks there were just a couple that flooded the market out of despair and soon they will go back up to $100k MSRP. I really don't know. My guess is you will be able to buy for awhile at $25-50k MSRP.

16. RDKJ

RDKJ Karting

Jul 2, 2006
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rick

Rob,
    I'm sorry if I am coming across as obstinate. I just have a hard time believing that they are readily available at 25-40k. I am sure a few have traded hands for MSRP to 40k, but I'm not convinced that is a true reflection of "market".

I do have an incoming Scud that I ordered directly from a dealer at very little markup many, many months ago (my first ever Ferrari). My Scud should arrive in early November.

17. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    How did you manage to spec a Scuderia with a Ferrari dealer as your first Ferrari? That's amazing!

18. RDKJ

RDKJ Karting

Jul 2, 2006
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I had been working with the dealer on a F430 coupe order, just when a Scuderia order slot happened to open up.

19. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    If you are a buyer, I suggest you call Ferrari of SF. You might be amazed that you can probably get one of these at MSRP, in a realitity short time period (less than 6 months). Call Evan there, I'm sure that he can hook you up, and you won't be paying a premium.

Art

20. the_jay

the_jay Formula 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Murrieta, California
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I recently read a thread on this forum that Auto Gallery in Calbasas(sp?) had 3-4 Scuderia's sitting on the floor available...

21. LiveFromNY

LiveFromNY Karting

Sep 13, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Not that uncommon right now. I have a friend in the exact same situation. Ordered a Spider and was asked if he wanted a Scud at MSRP as someone was cancelling an order. He stayed with the Spider as he wanted the convertible. This is his first Ferrari.

22. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #47 Back Marker, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
    It's becoming quite evident that a number of fchat members, even some with 000's of posts, don't know the difference between an F430 Coupe and a 430 Scuderia.

23. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

#48 Joe Mac, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    asking, wonder what they would take right now with 3 in inventory.

25. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

I had them ready to do a deal at 365k which was 65k over. This was a month ago. I found a better deal on a better car, so I moved on. I do not wish to disclose the terms of my deal though