How is the Scud market holding up ? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

How is the Scud market holding up ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Pransingh Horse, Oct 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #101 Tipo815, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
    I haven't seen MSRP yet but I was offered one for $35k over without even negotiating. Perhaps $25k over would have been achievable. MSRP was $295k. I think MSRP will be achieavable within a matter of months especially since spg993tt just paid "a little over $10k over."

2. Polar Peter

Polar Peter Karting

Mar 4, 2006
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm guessing your on the list to get one...

3. Polar Peter

Polar Peter Karting

Mar 4, 2006
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #103 Polar Peter, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
    Agreed Steve, right now it all depends on who your talking to and what their sitution is. No matter what someone offers for a car, it's a real deal until the transaction is made and you have your money/car, only then can anyone here confirm the really market values. The market is certainly down right now relative to a few months ago and better deals can be had on a spuratic basis based on the sellers "dilema". As far as the offer I was made, OK he was a bit drunk that night and who knows if he would have come thru with it in the morning.... I'll never know since my car is not for sale, when I do sell it, it'll go back to my dealer on trade for the replacement.

Out of curiosity I'm gonna call them to see what they would give me for it ...

4. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Finally, a voice of reason. Well said....and you and I are in this market doing the same thing. Making the best of it by purchasing things which can now be had at better prices. It will be interesting to see if this marketplace is changed for 2, 3, 5 or 10 years as it relates to those willing to pay $100k to $150k over MSRP. Just like the real estate market has and will change for a long time to come in light of cap rate swings, I suspect the same thing (liquidity and market realization) will have a lasting impact on the luxury car marketplace...

5. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    The way it should be!

6. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor

Now $330k, just saying...

7. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    $330K is still $50K over MSRP.

8. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    And they are still not sold, correct??

9. stradleboy

stradleboy Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    How is 330 50k over there have been two price increases on the Scuderia since it was launched. Im pretty sure the base prices are around 300. The window sticker I'm looking at right now is 297k.

10. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Scud prices in Dollars at the dealer should fall simply based on the stronger dollar versus the euro - about 20% percent stronger than 6 months ago. I'd say this is a bargaining chip, if not now, certainly 3 months from now for new cars being delivered in the 1st Q of 2009.

11. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Switzerland
    i agree 100 % the scuderia as well, only the 430 challenge or the FXX are real race track cars from ferrari, but for 3-4 times per year on a racetrack the scud and I guess the scud spider as well are ok to have fun on it
    An for the other 10 times over some alps passes or german autobahn you will love both of them. IMO i prefer now the scud spider more air, sound and feeling

12. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Long gone. AG offered me a Scud at sticker last week (New with delivery miles).

13. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Base prices on the Scuderia started at $262K then $272k and now $277. I believe the car in California has no stripe at $8200. Also the earlier Scuds didn't come with the mandatory US Carbon Package. Earlier Scuds with no stripe maxed out in price in high $260's.

14. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

I don't believe this "bargaining chip" applies when buying a resale Ferrari at the Auto Gallery or any American dealership

15. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    It becomes a bargaining chip as soon as authorized dealers are sitting with unsold cars that buyers have backed out of, or even worse, cars that are being forced upon by FNA in the absence of orders for those cars. If it's going to happen, it will happen in 2009.

16. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

In 2009, you won't need "bargaining chips"...not to mention, with our Government printing more and more money for bailouts, you don't have to worry much about the current exchange rate remaining much in our favor

17. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I'm afraid the loss of $ value will not be exclusive to it only,Euro will go down (already does) too....

18. Dougp

Dougp Rookie

Jan 18, 2004
    Does anyone know of any good deals on a Scuderia? Other than yellow

Thanks

19. EVONick

EVONick Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    TdF blue car at FSV.

20. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I think Scottsdale has one and there is a Blk one on Autotrader. They are around.

I was told by my dealer that this summer MSRP for one is more than likely.

21. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Wondering what the real money on a used Scuderia's truly is in today market. Have not heard of any cars selling lately and e bay sales, buyers are not meeting the minimum reserves.

22. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Way before summer!;)

23. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I'm sure others have experienced this as well. New 09 Scuds ARE available at some dealers at or below MSRP as we speak. I've personally been offered multiple new cars in the past two weeks from dealers. They are cancelled inbound or on the ground orders. This was one of the reasons I decided not to go through with a July production Scud. No one knows what's going to happen next week let alone four or five months from now. We could conceivably see brand new 09 Scuds available at dealers at huge discounts by then. Who would have thought the Dow would be 6500 three months ago??

24. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    MSRP on the 09 cars is only marginally more than the 08 cars. Anyone paying at or near sticker for a used 08 is going to be sorry since the 09s are available at or below sticker. One of the 09s I was offered had a $303k window and it was offered to me in the mid $290 range. Again ... this is a brand new 09! Assuming a similar MSRP for a 08 and it wouldn't make sense to pay anywhere near MSRP for the used 08. It would have to be a $270k to $280k car to make sense and even then you'd have to think about it. A $15k to $20k difference at this level between a used 08 and a brand new 09 is almost not enough to justify buying the 08.

25. dom1015

dom1015 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #125 dom1015, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I gave up my 2009 allocation, with the price increase the sitcker would have been $315k. Instead I bought the identical 2008 car (minus ipod adapter which I bought directly from Becker for $100 and it plugged right in) for 290k. 12k under sticker. I saved 25k plus tax, plus no waiting, by buying the 2008 car. At the end of the day i would rather have the 26k in my pocket, than an identical 2009 car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login