How many 360 owners have traded their car for the Gallardo? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How many 360 owners have traded their car for the Gallardo?

Discussion in '360/430' started by msgm1, Oct 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    thats right eli is a very smart man and i can voudge for him that he has owned these cars and does own a cs now. and will be getting the 430 at sticker.

one thing i dont quite understand is that yes its true, if you can get a new car for sticker then why buy a 2 year old car for over sticker. the matter in hand is that not everyone wants to wait 2 or three or even one year of the list and you want what you want when you want it .bottom line if you can afford to pay over sticker then **** it and pay and enjoy in my eyes my 360 is worth 200 grand to me even if i payed 155 for it. yes the sticker on the car is lower but i did not want to wait

its called instant gradification.

remember the car is only worth what you are willing to pay for it.

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    A bit of advice from someone who has owned a car or two and driven practically every exotic that's ever been created.

If you are lucky enough to be able to buy any of these cars buy the one that YOU like. Not the one you think you should like. Not the one that you think will turn you into something you're not. Not the one that some mag likes.

Also never buy one simply because it is "faster". Most of these cars are a lot faster than you. There are drivers that can get around Lime Rock in a mini van faster than you can in a 360CS.

Also never fall in love with a car BEFORE you try it out. Remember that cheerleader? Remember how you felt before that date? Remember how you felt after that date?

These are strange days. Ford lost 1 B in europe. GM may be in BFT. VW is a disaster. Ferrari makes more on licencing than they make on cars. As my friend Bob said: "It's a hard rain that's gonna fall."

Enjoy every day. As Jack said: "Get into that big fuc king car and DRIVE"

Remember to fasten your belts and arm your fire system.

3. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    well said jim your a tru role model

4. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    And I put this in my original post. Cars sell for MSRP two years on if you can't get them now for MSRP. I never said that wasn't true.

But thats by no means guaranteed. Whats going to happen to those folks who get their 360's now?

Some people here try to have their cake and eat it. They quote how they sold their car years on for sticker. But MOST did not get it for sticker. Or sat around waiting for two years and took the risk something better would come along in the interim.

Sure you can get lucky, but that is exactly what it is! As an example people over here jumped into 360CS's assuming they would be able to sell them for above sticker. But thats not happening now.

Bottom line. If your in the market to buy one of these cars NOW, your going to lose money! If your putting yourself on the list with the assumption your going to make money, your an IDIOT.

Here are 2 more examples where people got burnt with this philosophy 575, vanquish.

5. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    I read the Autocar article that you referenced. I'm sure the 430 will be a solid runner. Would be great if it can match an F40. Although when Autocar initially tested the 360, they claimed that it, too, was as quick as the F40. My limited experience leads me to believe that Autocar would have to be driving an exceptionally strong 360 for this to be so.

I like the Gallardo. The compact size, particularly. Though would not trade a 360 for one.

6. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    As I have read everyone's opinions. It strikes me that a poll would be in order, as I am not sure how many people have opted for the Gallardo over a 360 or have decided to buy a Gallardo instead of waiting for a 360.
    How many have bought a Gallardo instead of a 360? Was it people got sick of waiting? Did not like dealer games? Also who decided to buy a 360 after driving a Gallardo?

7. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Speedracer5,

I would not buy a Gallardo over a 360. Nor would I get the Gallardo while waiting for a new 360.

I actually am one who liked the 360 more after driving the Gallardo.

Cheers,

8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003

5 to1:

being COCKY might be okay in your world but fortunately it is not in mine. All i did was to give my opinion with is fair and i am entitled to it. On the other hand you started by being Cocky and arrogant which is also fine since this is an open forum and you can state your opinion.

to respond to your following question:

"My point is simple. If people can get these cars at sticker, why would they buy a 2 year old model over stickers???????

You haven't answered that. Since noone here can verify what the other has said, common sense should dictate. So every1 use your common sense"

Supply and demand. The 360 has been and still is a great car for Ferrari in respect to styling , technolongy and performance. The reason why you would pay over sticker for a 2 year old 360 spider is due to the demand and not enough cars going around the first two to three years of production. for your information the local dealer only gets 55 new car allocations per year and there might be only 30, 360 coupes or spiders. so there are not that many to go around so i honestly don't know where you can get these cars at sticker if there are not that many being made to begin with.

As for your comments to the moderator, the moderators here do not baby sit me and you and don't jump into every thread just because there is a difference of opinion. They don't fight anyone elses battles. you can post your comments regarding F- cars all you want but don't be cocky and arrogant and don't accuse anyone for not being real unless you realy know them.

9. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    I don't need to prove anything to you my friend. you are just an arrogant person . the least you can do is to subscribe to the f-chat and not be a free loader.

10. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Simon,

No problem, we will bet $1000.00 and the loser will donate the money to the winners choice of charity.

11. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    looks like you scared them away eli

12. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Lmao.

I said "mayb a cocky way to start a post" not "was a cocky way". There's a difference! I was attempting to acknowledge that perhaps the overly fragile may not like it. Not that it was in anyway unacceptable. And if thats such a problem in "your world", I'm damn glad this isn't "your world".

Arrogant? I cant see that anything I originally posted was arrogant.

You began the overly hostile responses.

But since decisions like this are largely subjective, i'll let everyone make their own decision.

I didn't ask the mods to jump into anything! I drew their attention to the generally hostile response one recieves here when they dare post anything which detracts from the 360.

No one asked you to justify anything. I just pointed out the figures. People here are smart enought to make their own mind up.

Once again you appear to be argiung both sides of the point. On the one hand you claim ordinary people can get the 360 for list. Then you proclaim there aren't enough cars to go around so people pay 30k over. Which is it?

You are after all argiung against the number one fact of car ownership. They depreciate.

As for being a free loader. Do you subscribe to every forum you visit? This and every other forum would be a very lonely place if you lost all the "free loaders". And in any case what does my lack of subscription have to do with this thread?

13. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Titanium 360,

Okay, so the bet is you will have your F430 by April 30, 2005. If you have your F430 by that date then I pay $1,000.00 US to whatever charity you like.

If you receive your F430 any date after April 30, 2005 then you pay $1,000.00 US to a charity of my choice.

Is this correct?

Cheers,

14. vinrey

vinrey Rookie

Nov 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Trying to get back to the topic of the thread:

I just purchased my new G car and sold my 98 F355 spider to the dealer mainly because of the looks and feel of the G car over the 360 which I was gonna get in place of the spider until I test drove the G car. It's sad how this thread degraded though when a simple question was asked. Too many brittle egos out there. Bottom line, enjoy the cars YOU like, life is too short to spend arguing. I still love F cars and may someday come back to another one but the authorized stealer attitude here in my area needs to change. It's sad I had to go out of state to talk to non arrogant sales people. Happy driving.

15. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    yes that's correct.

16. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    5to1:

after reading all your post i still think that you are a troll in every way. You are the one that can not take criticisim about your Gallardo and started to cry to the moderator.

Being arrogant and cocky does not get you anywhere in this world. well may be in your world it does. well we will never know since you never support this forum to subscribe or tell anyone what country or planet you are from.

i have been thought to ignore arrogance and it is what i will do from this post on. most of the people on this forum know who i am and believe me that you are the last person i need to justify myself to. so have a great life and enjoy driving your gallardo. it is still a horrible car compared to the 360.

And yes i do subscribe to every forum that i am on and are using their resources. by the way you should get in touch will allan lambo! if you don't know who it is then do a search.

17. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I traded a 00' 360 for my Gallardo. I LOVED the 360 but I was ready for something new. Obviously the two are totally different cars and have a very different feel when you drive them, but I like both of them for what they are. I am looking forward to driving the 430...

18. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
  19. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    where are 5to1's photos of his car do we even know that he has one ?

what other forums are you involved in i am sure you have a picture of your car lets see them if you cant post photos email them to me [email protected] i will post them up for you..

20. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    I find the Gallardo has one of the best forward views on any car Ive owned. Particular when compared to the 360. The depth of the dash board is such that you have excellent visibility. The rear view is also excellent and the scope of the wing mirrors is also superior as they are not dominated by the rear air intakes as with a 360.

21. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    Titanium 360,

Great! Deal. Let us see what happens. Thank you this has been a pleasure. I have enjoyed our discussions.

Cheers,

22. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I am buying a Gallardo over a 360, for me is the one I like the most, styling, sound, built feel, rarity, and the dealer treats one with patience and a down to earth manner, in no way did they trashed the Ferrari name or said that the Gallardo was better but at the Ferrari dealer they always put down and trash Lamborghini at every chance they get and thats funny because the owner of the Ferrari dealer owns several Lamborghinis. I wont mention the Ferrari dealer name.

23. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Simon, no problem. the money will go for a good cause .

24. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    James, just curious, how tall are you? i found the gallardo to be very clusterphobic at least for me.

25. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    I'm 5.11. Maybe its to do with interior colours. Although my roof lining is black, there is a lot of cream in the car too which lightens it up a lot. I've sat in an all black interior and i felt it was too much.