How many European 456/550/575 enthusiasts here? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How many European 456/550/575 enthusiasts here?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F456M, Apr 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Jason!! Fantastic pictures of you cars. The light blue 550 is «JUST PERFECT». Let’s discuss the possible Tour d’Alps more in detail... I mean, if we guys own these machines, it should be mandatory once a year to do a trip across Europe, and possibly combine it with an event. It is my favourite thing with my car. For people in the Italy/Austria/Switzerland/Germany/France area, it will only be a «short» extra drive to and back from the event if we should organize something in the middle of Europe... So piece of cake! For the polar beats in the north it will be much longer of course.

Keep the photos coming. :)

Jroe550 likes this.
  2. joakim_adolfson

joakim_adolfson Karting

Sep 19, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Joakim Adolfson
    Harryk, EnzoItaly, LVP488 and 2 others like this.
  3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Plenty of heat from that V12... :) I saw a Grigio Titaneo 456 at Birger Jarlsgatan, Stockholm yesterday. Always good to see them. Where in Sweden are you located?

Here a picture with the guys who love to write tickets.... A garage in my area are about 650 dollar per month now. I am not sure if I like to accept that....

Greetings from Stockholm.

Erik
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

docapl likes this.
  4. joakim_adolfson

joakim_adolfson Karting

Sep 19, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Joakim Adolfson
    i live in Vallentuna, the picture was taken on the 1st of May Italian car fest at Skokloster castle, I was the only attendant this year :D

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F456M likes this.
  5. Roman456

Roman456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Romain
    Hi Erik,

Greetings from the Lake of Geneva. Feel free to contact me if you drive through Switzerland on the way to south of France!

Cheers,

Romain

F456M and ferrariformulauno like this.
  6. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Manhattan; California; Italy; Shanghai
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    They are actually becoming so beautiful with time. I was just looking at the current Ferraris at the showroom where I live on Park Avenue in New York and if any one of our 550/575s was showcased in there it would already look like an elegant classic Ferrari. That is why they look so elegant at the Cafe De Paris or Villefranche.

If anything our cars are more iconic and recognizable than ever. They will become classics.

Cant wait to bring it back to Europe from America. I will drive it to MC with my NY plates so we add to the collection of international Maranellos driving there :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M and docapl like this.
  7. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    I share your views and we are fortunate to have them, as they are becoming rarer.

They are actually becoming so beautiful with time. I was just looking at the current Ferraris at their USA factory owned store here where I live on Park Avenue in New York. If any one of our 550/575s was showcased there, it would already be in an elegant "Classiche" Section.
    That is why they look so beautiful at the Cafe De Paris or Villefranche. (Ferrari does that at the Museum in Maranello and in fact they are starting that here because they are branding their heritage - and hopefully less gimmicky key chains and bags. Now for the first time they are now displaying an older car, an F50 together with the new ones).

If anything, our cars are more iconic and recognizable than ever. They will become classics.
    View attachment 2940795 Can't wait to bring mine back to Europe from America. I will drive it in MC with my NY plates so we add to the collection of international Maranellos driving there :)

8. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    #58 masinari, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020

Sorry guys for double upload of message/photo (my computer connection is going crazy). This as close to Europe I can get.

It is actually in the stunning Cascades Mountains of the Pacific North West USA. Amazing roads and natural beauty.

F456M likes this.
  9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Matthew- Must be an old photo with gas prices now about half those on the sign.

F456M likes this.
  10. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    #60 masinari, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Taz, very good eyes!

I am originally European (my family had an apartment in Monte Carlo, that is why i love this thread and recognize/know all the places where you guys are at now so fondly and so well :)

My school, career and the professional life took me then America but of course I love France and and Europe where I also live. So I miss where you friends are now but certainly America has many fascinating places that remind me of Europe - plus of course some absolutely amazing places on its own :)

This was a photo from when I was living in Seattle and before I moved to Shanghai. When I came back to the USA in 2019, I then drove the 575 all the way to a house near Pebble Beach/Laguna Seca. She is sleeping and waiting for me there. BTW, speaking of great European trips, guys that was an amazing 1200 miles trip from Seattle all the way on California RT 1 on the north part, what is called the "Lost Coast". Truly amazing roads, thru sequoias forests, fishing villages. Highly recommended. The whole Pacific North West is spectacular, similar to Northern Europe.

Taz, I may have a project in Arizona (beautiful Sedona), and may drive it all the way there from California. Then you and I we may be closer to each other, before I move to France and join you European friends there.

Life is full of adventures and maybe this 575 may end up back in its own mother country, Italy :)

MRY and F456M like this.
  11. AndersJL

AndersJL Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2001
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    AL
  12. AndersJL

AndersJL Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2001
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    AL
    masinari and F456M like this.
  13. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Matthew- I lived 14 years in Europe, so know how you feel. There are some great driving roads between CA and AZ and even better ones in southern Utah, so hopefully you see some of them before going back across the pond.

F456M likes this.
  14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Wow what a picture. Yes that would be nice.

Roman456 likes this.
  15. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    The adventure aspect is actually spot-on.

The experiences and adventures are for me equally or more important than the car itself. What is so good about the 456/550/575 cars is that they actually work so well fo long trips. And they eat up miles quickly and that is why you need to go far to call it a real trip or adventure.

masinari likes this.
  16. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    Amazing photo Anders!

This car is going to be an amazing collectible in the future, also thanks to photos like these. Have fun driving and send more Euro Maranellos!

17. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    Taz, happy you lived in Europe for such a nice time and I agree.

You are right. Utah is spectacular and the Four Corner States (Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico) are amazing. Europe of course amazing location and roads too.

We should do a Thread on "Most Amazing Continental Roads where to go with your 456/550/575Maranellos". We can all recommend them to each other. We certainly all have the knowledge and the photos! But I am sure there is already a thread on that....:)

I found that our cars are super comfortable even going very fast and for long periods of time. Easily 600-700 km a day no problem. I could drive them forever, from morning to night.

They are much happier than sitting in traffic with the engines getting so hot!

18. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    Totally share your view. When I am with my car, I could leave in the morning at 7am and come back at midnight and stop only for food, fuel and photos. Drive and explore the world, drive 600 miles/900km and don't even feel it.

Just go and explore, mixing highways, little villages, forests, coast lines. I never get tired with this car. I actually feel better....

The magic moment early in the dusk of the early morning, getting the car out of the garage, and going all day.... If I stop, I stop quickly...Actually for me just a banana, a chocolate bar, and fuel. Coffee too, but NOT in the car!

Tthen the magic moment coming back late, late at night, everyone is asleep.. tired and happy...pulling back in the garage....lots of mosquitos on the windshield....

Then look at the car and say to myself...Will wash it and clean it up nicely in tomorrow morning!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M and docapl like this.
  19. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    True love on four rubber wheels!! Yes, these cars are so good, you can’t stop driving. When i went from the French riviera to Stockholm, I planned to go about 800-900 kms. the first day (starting 08 in the morning). But before midnight that number was 1800.... and I was almost there. With dog walks and a complete wash of the car in the middle of the trip. One ferry next morning and I had crossed Europe completely in less than two days.

Today I took my car to buy some wine in Stockholm City and when I got out of the shop, people were posing in front of the car to be taken pictures of. Untill the car said BIPPP BIPPP and the photo session suddenly came to a stop. My Blu Pozzi 250 GTO som the shelf also get alot of attention. It is quite a bit of fun.

Happy weekend.

Erik

docapl likes this.
  20. cuse92

cuse92 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2013
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I'm based near Ashford, although I spend about half my time in South Africa and am currently caught here in lockdown. We should catch up when this is over! Switched from 458 Spider to 575M last year. Here's a pic from when I bought her, I haven't been able to take my own yet!

21. David H Jones

David H Jones Rookie

Dec 6, 2019
    UK South Coast
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Yes we should - I’m actually also near Ashford - this is my first F-Car, I always wanted one and this popped up unexpectedly last year, it used to be owned by a pal who needed to make room for some new toys, so glad I took the plunge. Thus far it has met my expectations but of course right now have limited opportunity to have some fun.

22. Peter Horsman

Peter Horsman Rookie

Nov 1, 2019
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Peter
    David, Cuse, I'm in West Malling/Offham and would be happy to have the excuse to take my 550 out. When this lockdown thingy is relaxed a bit.
    I could do with a nice glass of beer in a pun garden somewhere!

23. cuse92

cuse92 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2013
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    That'd be great. BA just cancelled my June flight so I'm trapped in Johannesburg until at least July, but I can PM you both when I finally escape!

24. Peter Horsman

Peter Horsman Rookie

Nov 1, 2019
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'll PM my phone number so you can text; don't regularly visit this site. We were in J'burg Jan/Feb this year. Glad to have avoided their lockdown - no wine!! (I'd guess there are ways............)

25. David H Jones

David H Jones Rookie

Dec 6, 2019
    UK South Coast
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    That would be great I was supposed to be in France June/July - so that is not going to happen now!! In “normal times” there are a few Sunday lunchtime meet ups at pubs near me - Bonny Cravat at Woodchurch and Deering Arms Pluckley being the two favourites on first and second weeks of the month respectively... Eclectic mix of cars from 1930s MGs to the latest Ford GT and pretty much anything in between, only at handful of Ferraris - I haven’t taken the 550 along yet, I have a few others that have been out before Covid