How Many F1 races will you try to attend in 2018? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How Many F1 races will you try to attend in 2018?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Jan 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

No $$ to F1 for 2018. Will be treating myself and guests to some Moto GP instead. Proper racing and no PC bul**hit

2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It takes exactly an hour for me to leave my driveway and arrive at COTA, so I may go to that one, but it's the Moto GP races I'm most interested in.

classic308 likes this.
  3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    None. No interest. Been following since 75. Hasn’t been a drivers’ championship in years. It’s an engineering exercise first and foremost. Technology run amok. No reason to go, barely any reason to watch...of course it’s my opinion but that’s what we are here to express...

G. Pepper, Isobel and 375+ like this.
  4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yep, real racing. More passing in a few MotoGP races than in an entire season of F1.

G. Pepper likes this.
  5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    All true and no interest here either. Although Hamilton’s presence and Bianchi bars alone wouldn’t be enough to keep me away, I’ve been spoiled by what came before. Numerous teams with a chance to gain a podium, pre-qualifying, a 26 car grid, a wide array of engine/chassis combinations and cleaner designed cars offering an open view of drivers at work. What we have now is something I wouldn’t be interested in when I became a firmly entrenched fan in my formative years a decade (or three) ago :(. Hope they find their way but I’ve witnessed more than enough years of decay already.

6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Zero.
    Much better on the tube.

7. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Corrected for you more passing in a single race than the entire season of F1 and the winner is not a forgone conclusion of who is driving for Mercedes Benz. Going to Austin again for MotoGP in April cannot wait, have not gone to a F1 race since 2013.

G. Pepper likes this.
  8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Lol. Was going to say that myself. Btw I haven’t been to a race since Canada 2008...too much aero tech going on, the cars are ugly because of it and now the grid girls are gone. FAIL.

G. Pepper likes this.
  9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm starting to feel that way too, sadly. I'm still with the program but they continue to make one bad decision after another: Halo, grid girls, delayed times

Once they go fully electric and/or covered wheels that'll be it for me to pull the plug.

Ferrari 308 GTB and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  10. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Do F-Chat members have any planned meet ups or get togethers during the race weekends?

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nothing planned. But we could pick a place and a time

12. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal