How many Fcars did you look at and test drive before buying? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How many Fcars did you look at and test drive before buying?

Discussion in '360/430' started by SeaNile, Feb 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Man you are a hard man to please...all those years waiting then you don't like the 360 or 430! If you don't like the CS or Scud what will you do? You're just about out of cars- you'll have to get an Enzo....if you don't like that I'd just get a prius and call it a day :)

2. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    With 20" or so of snow on the ground since last night (not including the 20" we just got a few days ago) and currently in near blizzard conditions I am going stir crazy and am a bit bored. Figure my 05 Boxster S will not sell overnight so I have decided to start making an ad for it and advertise it starting today. Figure if I am going to shop seriously for a 360 I should be in a position to pull the trigger. How could I really regret getting a 360???

Anyone want a flawless 05 Boxster S?

--JK

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I hear you and agree sadly! My DD is a hybrid, oddly enough. The GTR drove me to it (stopping for a fillup every 2 days was ridiculous).

I was absolutely downtrodden after hte 360 drive. All those years I wanted one, gone!

Oh well...on to a more raw experience.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    In order:

Bought my 246 Dino as a non-running basket case. Never sat in a F-car before.

Bought my 308GTB without driving it (I had driven 308's before). A friend recommended the car.

Bought my 308 GTS with a 2 minute drive (again, a friend recommended it).

Bought my F430 new (only sat in one F430 previously)

As you can see, I don't pay a lot of stock in test drives.

5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Good for you, John!

6. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Test drove a 360...bought it.
    Test drove a CS...bought it.
    Test drove a Scud...bought it. :)

7. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    I had a dream to own a Fcar when I was in school , I was able to make it few year ago.

I bought my first 2002 F-car F360-manual without a test drive for I believe I was not able to tell anything on my dream car to stop my decision to buy !

I bought my 2nd F430-Spider (F1), no test drive at all, just loved it and bought it; never got disappointed, I love my current F430 ........ however be careful to shop the right car with a lot of research ..... if buying a pre-owned. Believe or not if it's your first time to drive a F-car, you wouldn't be able to tell anything except being overwelmed with its spirit and performance. good luck.

8. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I've looked at several 355's that I never drove over about a year and a half period. In looking for a 355, I drove down to San Diego (6-7 hours) and test drove a 95 GTB and offered a price for it, but the seller did not agree to my price and still has not sold it to this day. I next test drove a 98 spyder and offered a price that the dealer did not agree to. Next, I test drove a 99 Serie Fiorano that was offered at an extremely high price. Next, I test drove a 95 GTS that I offered to buy from the seller after a PPI. He then sold it to someone the next day who didn't require a PPI. Then I drove a 97 GTB, that I ended up purchasing. All of the 355's I drove were manual transmission, so I've never driven an F1 355.

9. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson

My sentiments exactly.

10. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hopefully, you'll be able to test drive a Bugatti Veyron soon... :)