How many Ferrari owners have a Bentley too? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How many Ferrari owners have a Bentley too?

Discussion in 'British' started by jvmax, May 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    I have 3 f cars and 2 rollers. I like Grey Poupon thus not possible to own a Bentley. Having said that, these 5 low end cars are probably probably equal to one new Bentley. But an immigrant like me feels better with quantity over quality.

2. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Roller is always the way to go. That brand is not tainted at the moment :) They are pricier though. I wouldn't mind having a silver seraph. I would love to have a silver cloud, but there's no way I could drive that car on a freqeunt basis. I like the ghost but I'm not a fan of the wraith. Something just doesn't look right when I look at it.

3. sinkman

sinkman Karting

Oct 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Gorgeous!

4. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    Have a Ferrari in dark blue,a Bentley in dark blue.Both great cars.

5. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    #55 absent, May 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Well, some would say it's not a Ferrari, but I've owned Dino 308gt/4 #10704 for 20+ years, and my daily driver is a GTC V8 (just replaced my 05 GT with 131k miles). Oh, and my wife has a '14 Spur W12. A good combination, I think.

7. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    Even the early Bentley GTC are not problem cars. Fix the droopy headliner and 3rd break light(DIU). Replace all the below issues at one go if any act up. One engine in and out :(Starter,O2sensor,Vacuum lines on transmission) Drive for years and enjoy.

8. flashman

flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    #58 flashman, May 16, 2017
  9. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I still dig the GT although it has finally started to age a bit. The Convertible is very feminine looking in my opinion. Kind of reminds me of a larger SC430 lexus. Gotta have coupe on that one!

Winning....

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #60 daytona355, May 18, 2017
    When I got ill, I wasn't able to enjoy the 458 as much, so sold it, now have a GTC speed. Great car, I must say it has impressed me with the comfort, and the speed is good if a little heavy, you have to slow down for the corners and power out, instead of balance the throttle with the 458, but first world issues eh?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Never call a Rolls Royce a ROLLER!
    You call it a "Rolls Royce" or you call it a "Rolls"
    Roller is a totally unacceptable word to the upper classes darlings!

12. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I have a Bentley in Fl. I think it is a great car.

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #63 WILLIAM H, May 19, 2017
    4x LeMans winner, that's good enough for me

Working on deal to buy this baby

Perfect for transporting multiple Bubbles :)

Paris Hilton soiled the rep of the modern Continentals for me, like this older one better

14. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    #64 James cln, May 20, 2017
    My wife got the GTC a year ago when we were married and she loves it ! As she would say what is there not to love? Only the best for my Baby!!

15. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    #65 James cln, May 20, 2017
  16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Those are the tits. Hard to find the SC though, pricey too. I'm assuming they're built better than the crappy ones from the 90s?

17. exoticfan001

exoticfan001 Rookie

Sep 30, 2010
    It is great seeing this thread revived. As a devoted owner of two Bentleys and a Ferrari, I find that both marques have qualities that would appeal to the same type of enthusiast. Some of my fellow F-Chatters have misconceptions about Bentley cars and I'd like to share some insight.

1) The Bentley Continental series that includes the SC was introduced in the 1990's. There is no such thing as "crappy ones from the nineties". In fact, many knowledgeable enthusiasts consider this era as one of the last for the "real Bentleys". The cars produced during that time actually saved the brand from extinction and established today's ultraluxury/high performance niche.

2) Bentley has a rich motorsports history that predates Ferrari. Its cars began setting racing records in the 1920's piloted by factory drivers and wealthy privateers. It won LeMans during that era and again at the turn of this century. The founders of Bentley and Ferrari established their companies to dominate the track, with road car sales providing funding for these activities.

Alternatively, Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini were founded to dominate the top-end market segment. IMO they seem to share an over the top image focus and it would be interesting to see a similar thread for owners of both. I love all four marques and respect each for its unique flavor (and plan to add a RR and Lambo to my collection).

3) I cannot agree with the idea that individual owners have the power to ruin the image of Bentley. For example, Mercedes-Benz has always been the preferred automobile of most of the world's dictators. Has ownership by these despots tarnished the brand? Absolutely not. Keep in mind that no matter who you are, there is a segment of fellow owners somewhere that may not consider you worthy of joining their ranks. A true enthusiast does not care about such opinions. They are too busy enjoying their cars to worry about who else is doing the same. I personally find that the "upgrades" made by some owners are an abomination, but it’s their money and car. Also consider that Queen Elizabeth switched from Rolls to Bentley as supplier of her state limousine. Clearly this living example of old-world tradition also disagrees with the notion that a few footballers and entertainers have made the marque less desirable.

18. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #68 WILLIAM H, Jun 1, 2017
  19. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Beautiful Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud II.

The SCIII is the very first Rolls I've ever driven in. My aunt and uncle's next-door neighbor had one and we drove in it occasionally when I was a kid. That's the car I think of when I think Rolls-Royce.

20. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    A Ferrari and Bentley? Why yes, yes, I do.

And a Lambo and a McLaren and a Rossion and...

21. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    Just don't buy the one Paris had. It was for sale a year ago. You might catch something.

22. ejf2461

ejf2461 Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have owned 150+ exotics and never really paid much attention to Bentley. One day my pusher (My exotic car salesman) threw me the key to a Continental GT and told me to take it while my Ferrari was getting serviced. Big Mistake, I came back and bought it. I will never not own a Bentley! The power delivery is so linear its crazy. Unless you bring a 458 or 500+ HP Prancing Horse the Bentley GT will smoke you! I thought being British it would be a nightmare to maintain. Not true its one of the cheapest exotics to own. The dealer experience here in Indianapolis (Zionsville) is also 10x better than the Ferrari Dealer I have to deal with. Bentley/Rolls Royce hands down make the sexiest and plushest interiors! I would never buy a new one but used for the money they are hard to beat. Bentley also has a little more bling/prestige factor than my Ferraris. I am selling my GT soon and replacing it with a GT Supersports.

23. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #73 Michael B, Jun 13, 2017
    I have been blessed with driving this gem for the last week. 2014 Flying Spur. White Sand & Linen. Window sticker was $227,585.00.

I have actually been asked to find a new home for it. Do I take it for myself (I currently drive an S-Class)? That is the question. 6 liters of W12 twin turbo, all wheel drive and low miles. I want to luv it ~ but the S-Class is soooo good.

24. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was thrown the keys to W12 Continental and absolutely fell in love with it. Got out on the open road hit the gas suddenly a wing pops up, warning on the dash about my speed etc. yet it felt like I was hardly moving. The W12 is an amazing engine. I do like my Lotus and kind of have a thing recently for British cars and SUV's I guess. If I could own a Bentley GT and a Ferrari 455 I would be in heaven. Yes Bentleys are a bit behind the times but the interior is amazing and the wood was very nice, not on a Rolls level but not far off. Anyway, I saw this thread and it has my 2 favorites brands so I had to speak up even though I will have to choose one or the other at this stage of my life. I love seeing people photos of various Bentleys and Rolls Royce's.

25. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.