How many model cars do you have? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

How many model cars do you have?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by 550Maranello575, Dec 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XJR-15 RACER

XJR-15 RACER Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    Totally disagree with this. What if you can get buy model you want for half price, in perfect condition, no box? You would pass up a that good deal?

I'm serious collector of models, not boxes.

But on topic, I've 87 1:18 models and 22 of them Ferrari's. When I subscribe and able to post pictures I will share my collection here.

2. DriverA

DriverA Karting

Sep 11, 2007
    Scandinavia
    Nice collection of quality models

3. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    I don't know that I agree with that... when I was looking for my high-nose Schumacher F1 car, I looked for months and in the end, the only one I found was sans-box. Sure, I much prefer to have the box, but it's not a deal breaker for me- in the right circumstances...

4. ItalianHorses

ItalianHorses Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004

Did you even read what I wrote? I said exactly the same thing - it will be half the price. Or less. And you can disagree all you want, I'm speaking from experience. I've been dealing with all kids of scale model cars, from handbuilts that cost more than some 1:1 to mass-produced die-cast for the last 25 years.

5. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    +1. I too agree to what was said by nopassn.

6. Hawaiian35

Hawaiian35 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    The original question about this thread says " How many model cars do you have? "
    And yet people are listing their models one by one, year by year, etc.......!

Question should be..." List any models you have."

How many model cars do you have? I have 100 model cars. Done. Or I have 50 1:18's and 50 1:43's. DONE!

7. XJR-15 RACER

XJR-15 RACER Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    OK, good for you, you probably have great collection of boxes from so much experience. Unfortunately most of my collection is illegitimate because they don't have their "title"

Also, on the diecast message board of which I am one of most respected members, "serious collector" only said by pretentious snobs.

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm late to the party, but Personally I have about 185 models, with the majority in 1/18 scale, and 20 -25 1/12 and several 1/8 or larger scale models.

My dad - who has been collecting all his life, has over 2300 models of various scales. mostly in 1/18 and 1/20 scale. that is including 1/32 Slot cars - some from the 50's.

my parents house has a large attic, that is fully finished and showcases alot of the models... some day i'll post some pics...

9. ItalianHorses

ItalianHorses Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    That sucks for you!

Or really? That's probably DX exchange then.
    No need to respond.

10. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Question: Your collection of 1:18s now would that be all Ferrari or mixed of what? Do you have a theme, ect... Please do tell :)

11. Kiwiboy308

Kiwiboy308 Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Clive
    #136 Kiwiboy308, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nice. I have around the same number ranging from 1:43 to 1:18 with a few 1:64. I have all the boxes too. I'm even allowed to have them on show in the main living room! I've also have a range of books, magazines, sales brochures etc. Here's just a few -
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    My collection is hoovering around the 200 models (all 1/43 handbuilts) as well.

On the box / no box matter, I am with Italian Horses. For me, the model including the original packaging will be significantly more valuable.

But when it comes to my little cars, I am a pretentious snob.

13. ferrari10flrb

ferrari10flrb Karting

Mar 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Dirk
    For the moment I have 151 models. In the past there were more. But I have sold models because you can't collect all Ferrari racers. Only collecting Ferrari race/classwinners: Le Mans/Targa Florio/Mille Miglia/Modern raceseries and F1 worldchampions drivers/constructors. I am replacing 1/43 diecast models for handbuilt.

121 1/43 models. (42 handbuilt, 79 diecast)

1/43 Categories:
    Le Mans, 9 overall winners/22 classwinners, complete.
    Targa Florio, 7 overall winners, 1 missing, 4 classwinners, 8 missing
    Mille Miglia, 8 overall winners, complete, 4 classwinners, 3 missing
    Modern GT/SP, 16 GT/SP racewinners/champions.
    F1: 50 Ferrari F1 worldchampion cars (drivers+teammates/constructors), 11 missing

1/18:
    12 F1 Worldchampions/13 GT/sportscars

I prefer 1/18 CMC/BBR/GMP/Kyosho but unfortenately not all the wanted 1/18 are produced.

14. Lektronimo

Lektronimo Karting

Dec 31, 2012
    Franklin Square NY
    Full Name:
    Stefano
    Nicely displayed!
    cool!

15. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
  16. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Why so harsh? So the two of you have a different point of view on collecting boxes, so what? No need to be snide or take a swipe at another forum. Let it go man.

17. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    some fantastic collections ...seems the most popular scales are 1/43 & 1/18