How many of you ship your car(s)?? | FerrariChat

How many of you ship your car(s)??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SoFlaNSX, Jul 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoFlaNSX

SoFlaNSX Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Just testing out the waters. My friend and I started a boat transport business and we're considering buying a few enclosed car trailers and were just wondering how many people here actually ship their cars? I know many people ship from property to property as the seasons change and what not.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I will be shipping mine to Alaska next summer.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I've found that you will have a regular and periodic amount of shipping related to two types of events:

(1) Guys who ship the car back home after buying it (like me); and
    (2) Guys who race with some regularity and have their cars shipped to the track and back.

From time to time, you will note people shipping it from a summer locale to a winter one, or perhaps to a concours, but by and large, most of us keep the car once we have it (or drive it wherever we need to). That's not to say you can't make money transporting around these sorts of events, but do keep in mind that there are some very large players in this market, and so you'd want to make sure you understand the competitive dynamics before jumping in to the business, and laying down the capital.