How many own a Ferrari | Page 4 | FerrariChat

How many own a Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Steve King, Sep 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I think JVBJR's comments on this or other threads that are reacted to with negative comments could be avoided if you give a nice one liner type punch line to the posts. This way your comments can be treated a little more light hearted than they currently are perceived. By the way Joe, I hope the wind can still have some effect on your hair (post haircut). See, life can be funny!
    BT

2. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    JVBJR: This community has never depended on one type of person, whether or not an owner. There are people here who contribute, sometimes significantly, who are not owners; there are folks here with serious, big time Ferraris and other vintage /exotica who also contribute, but do so without a heavy hand.
    Politics has nothing to do with it. If you want to take issue with that stuff, you know where P & R is.

The 348 is a nice car. It was my first Ferrari. I've owned a number of Ferraris since then, and in fact, don't currently own a Ferrari. What does that have to do with the value of my contributions on the board? Well, apart from knowledge I have exacted through ownership of various models, very, very little.

As to attitudes, where people fit in the socio-economic heirarchy, who is deserving, etc., i'll leave that to a higher power to sort out. Doesn't really matter, cause views on this only reveal one's own biases and insecurities.

Take it a little lighter, my friend. There are alot of good people on this board, but you won't get what it has to offer by making you and your issues front and center.
    Regards,
    Bill Hart

3. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    You have no idea what you are talking about!
    Most members here know each other so we know who really has what. We can easily tell who is lying and who isn't.

If you think someone on the Challenge Stradale list is lying, then call them out.

4. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    Many of you may have already seen this. I cannot vouch as to the accuracy of this staistic:

Interesting factiod that I ran across a few years ago that I found interesting & humorous; it is supposedly from "Maxim" magazine:

"The percentage of American men in prison is greater than the percentage of that own a Ferrari....but the % that own a Ferrari is greater than the % that are on DEATH ROW!"

It seems we all have a better chance of being thrown in prison than of owning a Ferrari.

***This is not intended to rain on anybody's parade about their chances of ever owning one, but should make those that are able to own one, without getting thrown, in jail feel good though.***

5. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Only the foolish fakes that make many posts that don't make any sense typically get called out,I have seen many post here talking about having a particular Ferrari then later saying they don't own one and no one pays attention, as far as calling someone out saying they are a fake I could care less I have much better things to do than be concerned about who is a fake on a chat site.

6. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Just what I thought, you can't back anyhing up.

Like I said, most people here know each other, so it's more of a community than a chat site.

7. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    Excellent, post once again WHART, I concur !!

8. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

I unlike you am very busy and have better things to do than spend 1/2 hour researching and sifting though old posts to prove my point which in reality I really could care less anyway, go ahead and believe their are 4000 Ferrari owners here if it makes you happy, you seem to take this site too
    seriously concerning your last comment and you don't even own a Ferrari.

The nature of the internet is their always will be fakes as its
    entertaining for some to create a persona of whomever they want to be, this site has changed from its beginning of having mostly Ferrari owners and being technically oriented to a general chat site where many non owners come to talk about Feraris and other cars along with business and political.

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    The owners in the Northwest section knows each other. We meet and drive regularly. Seems to be the same in other regional sections.

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i second that...! No Doubt, that was superb...!

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ditto that........ROTFLMAO!

There is no Typical Ferrari Owner, it is the vehicle of choice for atypical people!

Everybody have a good weekend! Drop over for some Booker's and help me look for my $%#%$%%^ battery charger!

It's lost in the garage, somewhere behind my fictitious speedboat!

Joe, your a case man!.......I'm sure Rob
    could answer your question, although the occaisional Lambo owner sneaks in here, every once in awhile.....

Take life a little easier,
    "It ain't a permanent condition, no how........"
    Albert the Alligator, to Pogo, Walt Kelley

12. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers

Wow. You must be so much better than everyone. What an awful thing to say. I truly hope you're joking here.

13. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    This isn't a typical internet site.

Imagine that, I didn't lie and say I own an Enzo.

LOL...How do you know that? You have only been registered for 4 months.

14. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

15. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I thought that might be the case.

So how many FChatters have you met and how many of them own Ferraris?

16. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Was your old account banned?

17. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    10, 6 no longer post here, they did post regularly in the past and the other 4 rarely do. All own Ferraris

Lets leave it at this.

18. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Does that mean that you don't want to say if you were banned or not. You don't want to tell us what you old user name was?

19. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    You do not need a Mullet to join the MCA. You do need one to join the Mullet Owners Club which is unfortunately from New Jersey. The same rules apply to the unfortunate few who want to buy a personality.....you have to be a documented owner of more than one Mullet to order a personality.

20. big kahuna

big kahuna Karting

Oct 29, 2004
    greensboro/bangkok
    Full Name:
    kelly hahn
    does someone with an "liberal idea", or "ideals" for that matter, really care if their wife put's on eighty pounds, or their kids want blue/hair, tattoo's and piercings. then you have the nerve to compare people on this site to rush limabugh following puppets? that is enough to enrage people like me, whom own an f-car, follow the site religously, but rarely post (i guess should have post on the lurkers come out and play thread). i don't know if it's me, but i think attacks of any kind have no value on this site. it has, and will always be about sharing ideas with people that share the same love of f-cars as i do. perhaps de-caf on the next round of starbucks is in order? cheers, kelly

21. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Thank you, sir! Remind me to buy your lunch when next I'm over in Hotlanta.

22. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I apologize to all of the Fcar owners . I did not mean to wake up the trailer park crowd.

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

Tom that is hilarious, what the hell is that AVATAR?

24. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    The "Mullet Millionaire" probably dreams of dates with teenagers with pierced clits. After all, that's what wanna-be rock-stars do. Like Kevin Federline, without the class. ;)

25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Trying to get back on topic.

FWIW, I just did a "random sample" (yeah, I'm bored; but I already had my Friday night socializing) of 210 users.

Out of 210 users, 32 had more than 10 posts (I assumed that less than 10 posts were much more likely to be "lookie loos", but there could still be a small percentage of owners - e.g., out of 40 <10 posters I sampled, only 1 declared ownership).

Out of the 32 frequent posters, 14 indicated a "personal Ferrari" in the profile. Some of these might be posing, but I also noticed that some of the "N/A's" seemed likely to own a Ferrari based on other postings, so perhaps the number of undetected posers (difficult to get away with on this site as the number of postings increase due to the high "BS" detector settings) is a wash with the undeclared owners.

So, if this random sampling is valid, then 15% of 20K population are more frequent posters (about 3K out of 20K) and perhaps 6-7% (1200-1400 out of 20K) own a Ferrari, depending on the % of undetected posers. This number is on the upper end of Brian C. Stradale's estimates, but it is actually pretty close considering this is all "back of the envelope" and uses a different methodology. Given this, I would be pretty comfortable with 5% or 1K as a nice round number for actual Ferrari owners.