How many own a Ferrari | Page 6 | FerrariChat

How many own a Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Steve King, Sep 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Real men work on their own cars. :D

Don't be a scaredy cat, put a wrench in your hand and turn it. LOL.

2. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Since you are talking about what I said I'll respond.

I said "ONE" easy way to tell was too look in tech. If a guy is asking about how to fix his Ferrari, I don't think it far off to assume he actually owns one. Now I didn't say that is the "ONLY" way to tell, just one way to get a good idea, and it's a alot easier than trying to figure it out in the general section.

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Unfortunately, for too many things, after you turn the wrench you'll need to hook up an SD2 to finish things up properly. And since SD2's are neither cheap nor generally available, it puts a damper on things.

I did put a wrench to it a couple times though... swapped out the rear panel for a challenge grille... [oooo ahhh]... I think that took all of 12 bolts!! ;) Oh, and took apart the intake once at the track (many fewer bolts/nuts). I bet you're impressed now! ;)

4. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Actually yeah I am. Now just keep going with it.

5. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    #130 ferrari4evr1, Sep 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here, here.... Well actually, i did as of three weeks ago until i sold my 328...
    Now, my hunt for my dream Ferrari is on.... 1988.5-1990 Testarossa...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. BENSIN

BENSIN Karting

Jul 26, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    Diablo
    AND limp dicks? ewww :(

7. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Gentlemen,

Don't feed the trolls.

Art S.

PS. For what its worth: I occasionally work on my car (no heavy duty stuff) but rarely post in the tech section.

PPS. F-chat is for fans of Ferraris. This includes but is not limited to owners.

PPPS. I'm from NJ and have never had a mullet, but I am guilty of dreaming about Pontiac GTO's rather than Ferrari GTO's when I was a kid.

8. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    I think you are right - I visit the section sometimes, but it is so filled with cars MUCH later than mine, that I cannot relate, and if I did contribute I would be talking to an audience who have no need for data on old (330GT) cars. I wonder if each of the specific catagories should have a tech section (as a stickythread), instead of the one-size-fits all Tech section.

Just a thought - we do get tech stuff interspersed with the rest of the chat.

Cheers
    Warren