How many Pista? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How many Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by acw, Apr 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    How many

:)

2. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K

Let me guess, he told you this over a cocktail on his private jet, right? LOL!

3. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Nope. We were riding around on his ranch in Maranello on his two unicorns .

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    You were driving the LaFerrari without the heavy extra battery set-up at Fiorano??? Who says you can't keep em down on the farm after they've seen Paris...

5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    So YOU were the guy on the wall with the camera.....

of2worlds likes this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    GUILTY as charged! :)

7. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
  8. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Thanks for the link, top!

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So 470-quarter means about 1900/year. How many cars come to the US? 50%? So maybe 1000 or so Pistas in the US? Seem right?

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Order an LT when the time comes.

IPO1 and SoCal to az like this.
  11. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #36 boobernackle, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Pista has a 1.5 year production run, similar to the Speciale, except Ferrari is producing 30% more cars/year than in 2014. You'll see closer to 3,500+ Pistas (Coupes and Spiders combined) with half of them yet to be delivered. Just tour the factory V8 assembly line and you'll see a majority of the cars are Pistas. Demand is so strong for the Pista that they've shifted some Portofino production to the V12 assembly line upstairs alongside Lussos and 812, since it has the capacity.

I bet once the dust has settled there'll be closer to 4,500 Pistas (all versions combined). That matches up with the 1.5 year production run and the increased production capacity compared to the Speciale.

A factory tour is amazing and revealing, but make sure to arrange it during a week that has a European F1 race scheduled, as you'll get to see the current F1 cars as well.

Still makes the Pista a rare and amazing car.

Manda racing and Thecadster like this.
  12. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Laughable. How come all the allocations are completed and the largest dealer (s) in the US got 48 total between them (2 dealers).

Do the math.

1500 Pista/500 Spyders

13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I don’t think his math is so different if he’s claiming 4,500 Pistas worldwide for both coupes and spyders combined.

boobernackle likes this.
  14. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #39 boobernackle, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    My dealer still has Spider allocations available and production is still going. Must be a local customer with sufficient history, nobody is walking in and getting one, your numbers are way off. Way off. Dealer is forcing Lussos for their Spider allocations, whereas none of that took place for the Coupe, I'm not a fan of convertibles anyway.

You're free to visit the factory too, go and find evidence to dispute my production claim. The 4,500 number is a theoretical max worldwide, as Ferrari always builds slightly more cars than originally planned.

Don't even get me started on the F8, anyone that goes that route is solely because they couldn't get a Pista.

15. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    What is is actually laughable is your "math". Ferrari have already told us that 470 pistas have been produced for this quarter. Production will continue at least until mid-2020 given when deliveries are scheduled. That will give a total of at least 3000 cars assuming this quarter's production is at full tilt and not still ramping up.

As you say, do the math LOL

16. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If there are SO MANY Pistas how come vety few have even seen one in the US “in the wild”? I smell allocation jealousy here.

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    F8 deliveries are due to hit Q1 2020.
    The new Big Brother is also due to hit in 2020.

Both of these will eat into Pista production. If there were 470 Pistas in the first quarter, likely about 2000 in 2019 - about half of which will come to the US. My guess is closer to 2000 cars but at the end of the day who the hell knows for sure other than Ferrari itself.

09Scuderia likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ive posted before- I havent seen a single one here in Arizona.

19. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Don't really know if this is relevant to the debate but I asked my dealer to arrange for delivery of my Pista in the UK as late as possible.My car will be the last one from that dealer.
    Initially told around Easter 2020 which suited me perfectly.Now being told delivery likely to be Q4 2019.
    I am fine with that but feels like production is anticipated to stop this year.

Bhh, 458-Italia, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  20. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

My dealer is saying the same thing. Production ends Q4 2019.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This makes sense - they need to ramp up F8, Big brother, 812 convertible, SUV and all the other cars that they have planned

22. BCHOW

BCHOW Rookie

Jun 30, 2005
    Burlingame, CA
    Full Name:
    Benson
    For the US market. Production will end Q4, except for the last few Spiders will be Q1 2020.
    Also factory will be close in August. No one knows about the number except for Ferrari. However, it is harder to get then Speciale.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    BTW I ordered mine in January and they told me to expect it QTR4 so that pretty much confirms what I am saying ....

24. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Plus the gpf issue - there is a derogation in place and they are very likely to want the Pistas done ASAP. No Pistas really visible in the UK yet except I have a friend who had one of the first from his dealer and I saw one driving away from my dealer. Still very scarce and probably only 18 months production, of which Q1 this year would have been the second production quarter, the first (Q4) must have been much less than 470. Q2 this year probably similar to Q1, Q3 will be significantly less because of August, Q4 also less as other products start and (hopefully) more focus on the spider. Then Q1 2020, small again as focus on the gpf equipped F8 gets strong. Who cares really, how many are sold, but I think everything points to a lower number than some predict. 2 - 2.5k total is my guess (including Spider) given all the products coming, how few are still around, what dealers have long been saying and the fact there are still many who want a Pista but can’t get one.

25. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #50 boobernackle, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Yes, Pista production started in early Q3 2018 and runs until the end of Q4 2019/early Q1 2020, that's the 1.5 year production run I was referring to, similar to the Speciale. Remember, that's production, you have to add at least a month for transit, delivery, inspection, etc, for those of us in the USA will see Pista deliveries throughout Q1 2020. Also, some Portofino production was shifted to the V12 line, that was a huge shock to me and helps Pista production.

A big chunk of Pistas are not hitting the streets because they're trying to be flipped, mostly by dealers using either a Lusso or third party mule (think of GT2RS as an example).

Been waiting for all my Ferraris (always ordered them new) which went as high as 12 months and it was always a breeze to handle, but the Pista wait is something of a different kind.

Bhh and of2worlds like this.