How many UNBUILT models do you have? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How many UNBUILT models do you have?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by ryalex, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL

Same here.

2. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli

Roger that, of course I'm only 34 and with about 150 unbuilt kits, that gives me 316 years to go, during which time, at 150 kits per 34 years, that comes to 1,394 more model kits to buy and stash away, so I'll need to live 3,251 years to build ALL THOSE, and the 14,343 model kits that I will buy during that time.....

My head hurts

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    To quote Highlander: "Don't loose your head!" and "I want to live forever!"

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I used to go 2-3 times per year to the Toledo, Ohio, swap meet, and also to Chicago and Wheaton twice per year. Then there is Strictly 43rd and the Ferrari memoribilia show. My favorite place to find unusual Ferrari models was the Armistice Day swap meet in Brussel's, Belgium. Really a fun day. Had to buy an extra suitcase for the trip back. After about 5 years I had over 4000 un-built kits. When I lost my storage, I sold most to two dealers. Kept all the Ferraris, Bugattis, Chaparrals, and F1 kits. Now I have about 400 unbuilt, from LM Miniatures 1/87 to a 1/8 Ferrari F1.

Looks like I will be selling most everything soon. Got rear ended, injuries affected the grip in my hands, so can't build anymore.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sorry to hear that man.
    :(

6. ItalianHorses

ItalianHorses Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    Oh my...several hundred, all ferrari....

7. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    Good question.... I have 30-40 hard to find models in 1/16, 1/12, 1/8... I have become a unbuilt model collector without knowing it and never intended to...

8. Philmodelcar

Philmodelcar Karting

May 19, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Philippe
    #33 Philmodelcar, Oct 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    tifosiron: can you post details of the Brussels Armistice swap meet? I have not heard about it. I live in Brussels and armistice day is coming up and I collect and make Ferrari models.... so.....

Thanks in advance

10. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    40+...30 or so Ferraris, 10 other vintage sportscars, a couple of engine kits, one Pocher Alfa Romeo. Enough, at maybe one a year, to last the rest of my life.

11. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Not really a model but there is a 1:18 diecast Enzo im customizing that i've had disassembled for the past month and have been too lazy to get started on again when its done i want it to look like shumi's Enzo. heres a really crappy pic of the unfinished product.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1096/noname8np.jpg

12. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I had a couple of inquiries about the swap meet in Brussels, Belgium, usually held on the Sunday of Armistice (Veteran's) Day weekend in a shopping center located a the suburban part of the city.

I heard from my friend that goes every year to represent his company, Illustra Models, that the organizers have some sort of disagreement, so the November event has been CANCELLED.

What a shame, this event draws displays from companies like Le Mans Miniatures, Renaissance Models, etc.

Maybe the May version will still take place.

13. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    Unbuilt:

-M-B SSKL (1927)
    -Ferrari 250 GTO that ran the Tour de France in 1964
    -Porsche 996 turbo (white)
    -Bugatti T59 (1934)

This last two I think I will never finish :D....

14. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Uh-oh. It carried over to big cars with me.
    I keep buying too. Prob 5-600 unbuilt, 400+ to restore. Core collection is about 500.
    Ed, send me a PM. Need some stuff, web down.

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I can't believe some of the numbers you guys are posting! I started this thread because I had like 6 to go... not 600! ;)

I know the impulse though - you want to get every single one that you see that you like.

16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #41 ryalex, May 31, 2009
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
    Well... since this thread over FIVE years ago I opened a 348TS and painted the body and engine pieces. Still sitting in the box. I am pretty sure that my paints are dead. Other than that, still the exact same ones I had then.

17. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I've still got the Revell F2007 sitting on the table for the past year....a Tamiya Enzo sitting in the closet a Revell mustang fastback in the closet, and I want the Fujimi 248 but haven't bought it yet since I figured I don't need to add to the stack.

18. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Just moved the model room to different part of the house. All 1/24-1/25 about 850; 1/43 fewer than 10. I didn't count well 4 years ago, and I haven't stopped buying. I've primed and worked on about 100, final paint <10. Usually 5-6 going at once, I get bored/stymied.

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I just broke a RH mirror off my 1:18 1978 Formula Firebird...so add me to The List!! LOL!

Help! "Code Blue" stat!

Actually, I just threw it thru the open window into the passenger seat...like I would have on the real car!

I have little patience for repairs, my new gf threw a fresh loaf of bread onto "JRV's Miura" in the kitchen, and broke the rooftop whisker antenna..I found it on the floor, and duct taped it to the roof....her eyesight is so bad I doubt she even saw the antenna!

That explains 'why she's with me, I suppose....!