How many users is the "right" size for FerrariChat.com? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

How many users is the "right" size for FerrariChat.com?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How many users is the "right" size for FerrariChat.com?

1. 1,000

2. 5,000

3. 25,000

4. As large as it gets.

5. 1,000

6. 5,000

7. 25,000

8. As large as it gets.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

[
    Another approach is to end anonymous registrations. To sign up, we'd have to give you a credit card number, even if you don't charge a fee, that ties to a name and address. This info should be kept private, i.e., you could still use anonymous names to post, but as the moderator of the board, you would be able to really track folks.

Just a thought. Gotta go to work, must stop, fingers getting weak...[/QUOTE]

I think a concern there would be the same one that every other site that require credit card info to get in has; security and privacy. I know I pass on any site that requires CC info to let me in. Sure they say you can trust them, but, who knows for sure where all that information ends up.

You would certainly discourage way too many potentially good users that way.

If you're trying to weed people out before they join, I think the user fee will do that. But it too will probably discourage lots of good people too.

It's not an easy question. It has lots of potentail answers, and none are going to solve the problem perfectly.

2. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Would an "invite only" policy work on Fchat?

Not sure about the credit card idea, in the previous post.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Well, if this turns into a pay site, then you're gonna have to give Rob some financial info, unless Rob is willing to give out the wiring instructions for his Cayman bank account....

Also, don't think the "invite" idea will work because how do you attract new blood?

DrTax

4. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Rob, that's very nice from you :)

...however it's a shame the endless discussion about membership has started once again...
    I think, should any action be taken, take it ASAP.

As for the growth need of the European side of Fchat, I've heard somewhere that MS himself is an Fchat member, that could be a good way to attract users!!!

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, thanks everyone for the feedback. It's been a good discussion. Nothing will happen anytime soon. Need to wait for the full release of vB and then there's some technical issues to overcome before we could even implement something like this. First priority is multiple images and full names, if I don't get that soon we won't have any users. :)

I'll close this baby off now. Email or PM me if any other ideas you just have to tell me.

Thanks.