How much money have you spent with FerrariChat.com Sponsors? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How much money have you spent with FerrariChat.com Sponsors?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Nov 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How much money have you spent with FerrariChat.com Sponsors?

1. Nothing

2. Up to $1,000

3. Between $1,000 and $5,000

4. $5,000 and $20,000

5. More than $20,000

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jcor360

jcor360 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Del Mar Ca
    Full Name:
    John C
    I bought several flat screen tv's from a previous sponsor. I think their gone now.... Had very good service and a great price.

2. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Rob,
    I don't know why you are reacting so defensively and strongly to the point of accusing me of cowardice. My post was intended to point out a shortcoming of the system, not to flame your sponsor. You keep insisting that I out your sponsor. I decline because that is not the purpose of my post. You know my gripe with him is legit so back the hell off. If I wanted to flame your friend, I would have done so a long time ago. And I don't think he would appreciate your heavy goading tone. He certainly wouldn't want his name on the internet in a blaze of bad publicity. If you want to out him, you do it.

As to your statement of: "who are you to dictate to everyone that maybe all sponsors will act this way and even that this sponsor would be like this for all users." When did I actually say this? Or even imply this?

Rob, why don't you take a chill pill, take a cold shower, and read my first post again SLOWLY. And then apologize to me. Your reaction is very disapointing to me. And to others on this board. You are not being very impartial at all. I expected better from you.

Tillman and Nibblesworth have made very good points. You should read their posts. Thank you Tillman and Nibblesworth for your comments. Much appreciated.

I had a legitimate complaint, and when I couldn't reach a resolution to the problem with the sponsor, I approached you about it to see if you could intervene and help me out. Instead, you brushed me off with some BS about how your sponsor is a busy guy and has a history of being slow but always comes through in the end. And now, you side with your sponsor who was obviously in the wrong, and attack me with visious namecalling.

Are you afraid to impose standards of business conduct on your sponsors? Are you afraid they will pull their money because they might refuse to abide by basic business etiquette?

Why are you reacting this way?

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Rob-

I totally agree with Tillman; by accepting sponsors monies, you are endorsing them. It's like, don't recommend a product until you've used it yourself and, don't recommend a supplier because they paid you to do so.

I believe I know who SN is referring to, as I also had problems in making contact with them. In the end though, they did come through!

With the advent of the internet, and on-line buying, a lot of scamming does go on; it happens on Ebay and other high profile sites.

I'm not saying that any of your sponsers are 'scammers', as I think that all of them are reputable, though some are unprofessional in the way they handle business.

Caveat Emptor!

4. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    So far I've spent about $2500 with Ferrari UK

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I'm sure my comments are worth less than nothing, but I feel I have to chime in with respect to the debate over a particular sponsor.

To me, it seems that SN has tried to let you know personally of a problem with a sponsor (that I take it, from the context of posts, occurred some time ago?). As such, he has expressed that it might not be a bad idea to have a user rating of sponsors (much like an eBay kind of feedback thing) so as to make the general FC population aware of such things.

He has refrained from slandering the name of said sponsor in order to avoid belittling him and causing problems for you, and has instead stated that in HIS experiences, perhaps he is a bit more leery (because of this past episode) of doing business with anyone associated with this board as a sponsor first as opposed to someone local, or someone whom he knows can deliver a better product (much like I might be wary of doing a major at a dealership when I know that an independant mechanic might do a much better job, despite that dealer being associated with FNA, etc).

As such, implementing a means of feedback, or Rob's Seal of Approval, or SOME form of acknowledgement that these people with whom we "should" do business are actually very professional, etc. seems like a reasonable measure.

Instead, I think you misunderstood SN's very professional and polite means of conveying this, and took it to suggest something else.

At no point in reading over it, however, do I see SN making deridiing or belittling comments about any one OR all of the FC sponsors.

Of course, I have nothing to add other than you may have misunderstood what he seems to be saying.

--Dan

6. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    1) FX did my major service and cam bearing replacement
    2) Bought parts from Ferrari UK
    3) Bought my car from Cavallino Motors
    4) My entire car is being outfitted by CF parts from Valence USA
    5) Bought parts from Sodacom's

I think I qualify as one of the larger supporters of our sponsors! :)

Oops... can't change my vote... Rob, change my poll vote from the 5k-20k range to 20k+!!

7. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    > Do you realize you can get a custom painted and decaled model of
    > your car from Cavallino Models?

Really? Cool - I want one!

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    hold on now everyone, this isn't that big of deal.

when you have done this as long as I have knowing what the comments were leading to and you're cramped up in the back of a Tundra pickup with an in-and-out wireless connection on your way to Kansas, then you might understand exactly where my post was coming from.

SN, I wasn’t attacking you, I was trying to stop what your comments could lead to. You've toned down a little, so that is good. What I didn't want was an undeserved bash fest on this one sponsor or worse yet an undeserved blanket statement for all sponsors.

"But, I will tell you point blank right now that I will NEVER buy from that sponsor again."

I didn't want that statement of yours leading to all users not giving the sponsor a fair chance. Yes, I know you had an experience that wasn't up to your standards or many others for that matter. However, I have a more global view of hundreds of positive transactions, so why shouldn't I try to get an open discussion so people can make their own informed decision vs. your one bad case.

"And I am kind of leery about buying from your other sponsors because of my bad experience. How do I know I won't get burned by someone else?"

This is the reason I wanted to discus the specific sponsor and head off at the pass any blanket flaming of all sponsors. I don't agree a generalization that one is bad, so all are bad.

Of course I would not welcome a sponsor that had wasn't doing a good job. The fact is I get emails all the time in reference to sponsors. Most of the time they are positive emails, but often I get emails like what SN sent to me. How could I of handled your email differently? How did I brush you off? You expect me to fly to the sponsor and have a face to face? I told you this sponsor had a history of being slow to respond, but always followed through in the long run. I then contacted the sponsor and found out exactly what happened, which I think was already communicated to you at this point. What else do you want me to do?

Never once have I heard of a transaction that didn't work out in the long run with one of our sponsors. That's considering 1,000's of transactions. However, it's the spammers that try to sneak in that aren't sponsors you have to watch out for. I know of dozens of those cases that have gone bad and even sent people to jail.

So SN, put yourself in my place for a second. Do you have a problem I tried to keep your statement from generalizing all sponsors? Do you have a problem I tried to get you to speak publicly about this sponsor? By no means do you have to and I don't think you will. However, if you did I think you would get others to agree with you about this sponsor being slow, but I think the positive outcome would be everyone agreed in the long run that the transaction worked out and many didn't even experience the slowness to begin with. How am I wrong for trying to get that positive of an outcome? If someone deserves to be blacklisted and not be a sponsor, they won't be a sponsor anymore. If they don't deserve it, then we should work out problems we have and move on without further damage.

About the idea to have a sponsor agreement, I think this is a good idea, but I think we need to talk it through much more and even get some legal advice. I've never had to sign an advertising agreement with anyone I have advertised with and they're much more professional than FerrariChat.com. Do major magazines like Road & Track and others require it? If so, what is the language with the agreements?

To this point I have had informal measures to insure quality of the sponsors. Like I said, I would have no problem removing a sponsor if they deserved it. I can't however take action on the experience of just one when everyone else has had a good experience. I also have to weigh the severity of a bad experience. I'm sorry, but being 3 weeks late and accidentally shipping to the wrong address happens now and then with anyone. If the transaction never was completed, then that would be very serious.

9. storminnormin

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Rob,
    First of all, I want you to realize that I recognize your job of adminsitrator is tough. I think you have done a great job with this website. I was trying to give you some constructive input without hurting anyone specifically. However, I think you have handled this whole situation wrongly and in a heavy handed fashion. Instead of being neutral you've attacked me and called me a coward.

Even to the end of your last post it seems like you still feel your sponsor's behavior was no big deal. Your vendor takes $1000 from me and gives me no product and no return phone calls or emails for 3 weeks. That is acceptable behavior? Being late might be ok, IF he informs me. I cannot believe that you would be ok with someone taking $1000 from you, Rob, and not giving you your product and not communicating with you for 3 weeks. You are focusing on the lateness. I am focusing on the lack of follow through and communication. If you find THAT acceptable behavior, then I don't know what that indicates about you, Rob.

Secondly, I approached you only because I received no response from the vendor for 3 weeks. I could have asked him on the f-chat website, because after all, I purchased the challenge grill after he posted the ad on a thread. I decided not to because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, and out of respect for you, Rob. I didn't want to start anything negative, and I thought you might be able to help. It is now painfully obvious to me you don't want that role of ensuring the integrity of your sponsors or of protecting your f-chatters. What a fool I was to approach you in the first place. It is also obvious from your posts that you feel if we have a gripe with your sponsors, instead of approaching you privately, we should go ahead and post on the chat site and out them.

Lastly, I never asked you to blacklist anybody. Read my posts. Where are you coming up with all this crap?

I don't care where you are writing this stuff from. If you are unhappy, tired, ass-cramped, hungry, whatever, then don't post. As the administrator of this site, I expect you to be even-keeled, neutral, fair, and non-inflammatory in your verbiage. Instead you call me a coward. I still think you owe me an apology.

Also, Rob, the few (and I thank you all) who have posted regarding my original post have been supportive of my position, not yours.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    "I was trying to give you some constructive input without hurting anyone specifically."

I took the input, I think the idea is potentially good, although I've never heard of anyone else ever doing it before, even companies 10 times as professional. Doesn't mean I can't, but in the long run it's your money and the buyer has ultimate responsibility. Buyer beware.

"However, I think you have handled this whole situation wrongly and in a heavy handed fashion. Instead of being neutral you've attacked me and called me a coward."

From your perspective yes, I guess neutral would be supporting you? Without you naming the sponsor and no one else understanding the situation, I was making it neutral. I don't think you should ever speak bad about someone behind their back unless they have a chance to defend themselves. Your throwing punches in the air and everyone else is sitting around wondering who you're trying to hit, so until they know you won't have anyone jump in to help or hurt you. I guess cowardly was a strong word for that, I apologize for that word.

Just so everyone else might understand the full story a little and understand where I'm coming from, here's the information that came right from the sponsor after SN got me involved...

"He purchased a 360C grille from me 3 weeks ago, I shipped it out last week & provided him the tracking info, the package is in CA. & will be delivered to his address Friday morning.

I shipped it to his home address that he has as his credit card address, but now he's fit to be tied because he asked for it to be shipped to his work address, of which for security reason, i can't do, if i did, he could easily turn round and say i shipped it to an incorrect address and that he never received it, not saying he would, but i have to make certain these things don't happen. Well, now he told me today that if the package arrives at his home & his wife sees the package, he's returning it for a full refund! I guess he's been told not to spend money on his car or something & he's tried to hide it from the misses, now he's going to get busted & have me refund him his full monies, that will end up costing me $86.88 in shipping, as well as $53.24 in paypal fees if he does."

I never said being slow to respond is good business, but there are worst things that can happen and you and other customers will take your business elsewhere for whatever reasons you want. I'm fine with that. That's your choice and the businesses loss. I really am being being neutral and that's having two sides to the story as I showed above.

Please, anyone, tell me how I originally handled this wrong and how I can handle it better. Your attacks puzzle me SN, chill out.

11. storminnormin

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Rob,

This is going to be my last post on this because you obviously are taking this the wrong way. You compound issues by calling me names (although you did apologize) and now you post a private communication that is pretty one-sided and speculative. You did a great job of twisting my posts and meanings to belittle me and make me look stupid. BTW, my reasons for requesting specific shipping instruction are my reasons alone, and if I give him specific instructions and the sponsor is unwilling to follow them for whatever reason, don't you think he should have contacted me to clarify? Oh. Never mind. I think I know your answer already.

Also, Rob. Just for your information because I don't think you know this: most companies out there will ship to non-billing addresses. Duh.....

So because you get this email from your sponsor, I'm the ****** now. Good. Thank you, Rob. So I guess I was going to cheat him by pretending not to have received the package. Hmmmm.....

For the umpteenth time: My intention was never to flame your sponsor. I only used that as an example to suggest a method of maintaining business standards. You obviously are too narrow minded to see it as only an example. You took it to mean an attack on the sponsor. You say you don't know of any companies who do that? Read my first post, jerk. I named a big company: Popular Photography.

You say buyer beware. Fine, Rob. You obviously don't care to protect your f-chatters. Worse things can happen than slow service. You're right. But that wasn't the point. For the umpteenth time, IT WAS THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION AND FOLLOW-UP THAT CONCERNED ME. FOR THREE WEEKS. It's okay, Rob. Protect your sponsor to keep the flow of money coming to you. At all costs. Perhaps you should run for public office. Your skills would come in handy.

Whatever, Rob. I'm just so disappointed in the way you have handled this. Others who have chimed in have seen my point very very clearly. You ignore their comments and persist with your attacks on me. I would have thought that when neutral third parties chimed in to clarify the issue that then you might see my point. I was hoping this would end in a friendly fashion. Wishful thinking. I think that you took my post as a personal attack on you. It wasn't. You haven't acted like the gentleman I thought you were. At the beginning, I thought I might get flamed for my views, but not from you. Big disappointment. Sleep well, big guy.

Fellow f-chatters: Buyer beware on the F-chat website. Do not approach Rob for help. Rob won't help you because he believes "in the long run it's your money and the buyer has ultimate responsibility. Buyer beware." You're on your own. Caveat emptor, everybody.

BTW, I'm not even mad anymore. I think this whole thing is funny now. And I think you are a big joke, Rob.

Goodbye. This thread is dead.

12. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Ooooh .. I feel another Poll comming along

Who's Right Rob or storminnormin ?

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hmm SN, while I'm professionally trying to get to the bottom of this and resolve it you've continued to take personal attacks on me while I only got out of line once by calling you a coward, I also apologized for that.

I think it's obvious to everyone else now the complete story and if you choose to believe everyone is on your side while calling me "narrow minded", "jerk", and "you are a big joke", then that's your delusion.

You also accuse me of "twisting my posts and meanings" while you are very good at that yourself...

"obviously are taking this the wrong way": Not at all, you're the one that originally suggested some type of agreement and from the beginning I've said we need to look into this. Although I do have doubts if it's feasible legally.

"calling me names": So I guess the score now is Rob 1 SN 8? :D

"belittle me and make me look stupid": Not at all, I was trying to be neutral and I didn't think your side has been neutral about me or the sponsor.

"I'm the ****** now": I'm not trying to do that, again just show the full story. I don't think you're an ******, except how you are personally attacking me right now.

"I guess I was going to cheat him by pretending not to have received the package.": I don't think so either, but worse case was the sponsor getting stuck with the shipping as you threatened not to accept at your home address.

"You say you don't know of any companies who do that? Read my first post, jerk. I named a big company: Popular Photography.": I don't know the first thing about PP and have never been to the site, but I will check them out and was planning on it, thanks for the suggestion.

"You obviously don't care to protect your f-chatters.": LOL, here's something that everyone will agree with you on. ;) Now you and everyone else knows this isn't true. I go to reasonable lengths to protect the users, so far only problems I've had are with users screwing sponsors, but I'm not saying it can't be the other way around.

"Whatever, Rob. I'm just so disappointed in the way you have handled this. Others who have chimed in have seen my point very very clearly.": Everyone is on your side alright. Heck, I'm on your side about exploring ways to ensure quality on both the user and sponsor's side. Heck, I'm on your side that if sponsors want to be the best they can be and insure the most business, then they need to be responsive. What I don't agree with and I don't think very many others do is that this sponsor totally screwed you and because of that all sponsors might. Now you've made it clear that you don't believe this either and that's good, but anyone can read your first post and see that's where it was going. How am I wrong for jumping in at that point? Everyone is clear now, move on.

"Do not approach Rob for help.": Why in the heck did I exchange several emails with you at the time and talk with the sponsor directly if I wasn't trying to help. Ok, so there have been more than a 1,000 transactions between users and sponsors, someone, please tell me where I didn't help out if needed?

In closing SN, I think everything is clear to everyone now. If you still can't understand and apologize to me, then we don't want you part of this community. This is your last chance, I have made it clear I agreed with your original intent, but I also explained why I jumped in to keep a sponsor from being blacklisted unjustifiably and all sponsors to be grouped by one bad experience. Everyone else gets it, if you don't, bye.

14. RicersRule

RicersRule Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    ~In closing SN, I think everything is clear to everyone now~

oh it's clear alright. don't need any windex on this glass.

RR

15. storminnormin

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Rob,
    I happily to apologize to you for the personal attacks I have made on you, but pardon me if I don't see eye to eye with you on this sponsor issue. I stand solidly by my position. We've made our points, and as far as I'm concerned, further public discussion would only serve to inflame both parties. If you would like to pursue this issue further, though, I would prefer to do so in private. This whole thing has obviously gotten out of hand. That was not my original intent.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Norman

16. ART360

ART360 Guest

If I can add my .02 worth:

From reading the various posts two things are obvious to me:

1. The sponsor didn't follow directions (he sent it to Norman's home) which could be a terribly bad idea. These cars cost a lot of money, and sometimes the wife has issues over the feeding and comfort of them. some wives view them as a mechanical mistress. Sponsor showed lack of knowledge of that area. This could have been easily solved, if the sponsor had picked up the phone, called Norman, told him the policy, and asked Norman what he wished done. Apparently didn't happen. Stupid sponsor.

2. Norman reported this, perhaps not in the best terms to Rob. Rob, thinking that this was not his job, made a few inquires anyway, and then we got into this thread, etc.

Even if Rob had an agreement with the sponsors, I don't know how he could police the complaints which are guaranteed to arise when people buy specialized products for their Ferraris. I've got a few cleints in the magazine business, and their agreements with the advertisers usually provide that they DON'T have any say regarding customer issues. It can be done, but at what cost? Probably more than Rob is capable of paying at least in time that it would take to be the sponsor police.

Norman is right: Cavet emptor regarding the sponsors (buyer beware). We can do something about this however: how about a topic for sponsor review and commentary. It will require some moderation, just to make sure that we don't create suits over defamation claims.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Art

17. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Guys, this whole thing has gotten way out of hand.

Norm has many good points, and raises an important issue about the responsability of FC for the advertisers it endorses, and vicea-versa.

You see this at the national level, Pepsi will pull it's campaign from an endorser at the first sign of public scandal/trouble.

Norm, you may also be over-reacting a tad. You did get the part, but it took a while, and he mucked up the shipping address. Seems like he was a bit of an ass too. Stuff like this should just be duely noted in a vendor's feedback somewhere. Not the end of the world (unless your wife did see it, then we're all screwed!)

Rob, I can also see your point that it's a little rediculas for you to be the all seeing and knowing FC police. But I can't quite stomach the "buyer beware, you're on your own entirely" mentality either. I also understand your desire not to have this blacklist all sponsors, but you are out of line in my opinion with the way you handled it with SN.

There has to be a happy medium, maybe you could pick up a copy of Popular Photography and let us know what you think?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Let's just sit back a bit and remenber why we're all here.

Best!
    Ben.

18. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    For what it's worth, I don't think that Norman overreacted at all. Like the rest of the peanut gallery, I think Norm is right. I have had the pleasure of meeting Norman on numerous occasions and he is probably one of the most level headed and fair people I have had the pleasure to meet through this board. He has shown devotion to FChat while only speaking about them in good terms and has been instrumental with other Bay Area mainstays (ie. Dan, Art, Faisal) in getting people together and having bunches of Ferraris to meet up at the drop of a hat.

I don't think at all that Norm thinking he is right or having people think he is right is delusional. At risk of getting into hot water, I feel the opposite. The attacks were unmerited and Norman's reaction is one to be expected from any person who is being slandered in public.

Publishing personal email correspondance is most definitely a friendly community faux pas to say the least. It is a one sided and, as Norman mentioned, completely speculative piece of irrelevant information that just shows Norman had basic requests that should be honored and also shows tremendous bad taste in publishing it in public without consent of all parties involved. I can think of countless of places that deliver to addresses that are not billing addresses. 3 weeks delivery of a product is inexcusable. I might be biased because I too had a bad experience, with a sponsor in regards to a purchase.

If this was the same sponsor (certain behavior is similar) the web page you get after purchasing says you will receive a receipt via email immediately. The email I got had no part number, no mention of what I purchased or how much I spent. It also says that I would receive a call within 24 hours with shipping information. I had to finally cave in and call 3 days later to find out what was going on. I, unlike Norm, never received the part; because the sponsor never had it in the first place. Took me about 2 weeks to find this out after getting an answering machine to pick up. Meanwhile, my car was sitting at a shop taking up floor space for two weeks. The sponsor did agree to ship to a different address (I wanted it shipped to the shop where the work was being done) so we might be talking about somebody else here. The shop owner was gracious enough to understand my predicament and didn't charge me any storage fees even though I tried to rob him of most profit by finding my own parts and the car sat there without work being done for two weeks. I learned my lesson. I now let the guy order whatever he wants and he can use his reliable sources. The part was shipped from Italy and was in his shop within 3 days from ordering. Had I gotten storage fees for the car for 2 weeks (I'm guessing from previous experiences $15-$30/day depending on shop) it would definitely kill all the savings.

Cheers

Happy Thanksgiving all, esp. you Bay Area crazies!

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I agree with you 99% and I think the 1% is that 'I' think we are seeing eye to eye now. Anything I said was just keeping it from going to step 2, which I was successful at. Several have misinterpreted my original approach though as they thought I was attacking you and downplaying your bad incident. After your first couple posts and the number of people all of a sudden requesting identification of the sponsor, I had to get involved to keep us from an unjustified witch hunt. Again, I was successful at that, but at the same time everyone thought I didn't care about your incident with the sponsor or your suggestions. I don't see how anyone can't agree with both SN and I at this point. SN was correct that the sponsor didn't do a stellar job and he also had a good suggestion how to improve quality in the future. I was correct in heading off a witch hunt before one got started.

How about this idea leading off of what Art and others suggested. I can create a Sponsors category that has a vote thread for each sponsor. The vote can rate the experience of the user with the sponsor. I think any bad votes must require a post with comments so the sponsor can openly defend themselves if necessary. It can be our new flame hot spot. :D The only thing that would be on the main page is a Sponsors Feedback link. When you open it there would be a thread for each of the current sponsors. I can’t really see much downside to it, some of the sponsors might not be crazy about it, but if they are doing a good job, they have nothing to worry about.

20. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch

I gotta tell you guys...Dealing with Heiko has been an absolute pleasure. This is one stand -up guy! He is a Ferrari addict. His love for these cars comes through in everything he does. He treats his customers with respect, prompt and honest service, great prices and then calls to make sure everything arived on time and in good shape.

THEN, get this...he calls on the day you are installing stuff to see how it's all going and to find out if you have any questions!

I can't get over this guy. We've actually become good friends and next year when I get some vacation in, Tracey and I may stop in on our way back from Malta to see him.

I can recommend him without reservation.

Russ

21. ART360

ART360 Guest

Rob:

If you open an opinions section, you need a disclaimer, i.e., you don't hold the same opinions, etc. Just in case things get a little out of hand.

Art

22. michaelthuber

michaelthuber Karting

Mar 4, 2003
    Cincinnati, Ohio, US
    Full Name:
    Michael Huber
    Rob,
    I have spent more than $1k at Sodacom's on my Mondial Cab. I always check the sponsors first. I think T. Rutland would be a great addition because that is the first place I buy from if I can't get what I need from sponsors. Never had a problem with them. Bought lots of stuff there too. Their web site isn't much, but a phone call to them has always worked for me. They even had a inside door handle from a 400I that I was able to easily adapt to my Mondial and it looks just like the Mondial handle which is no longer produced. Just had to use the linkage from my old handle. Chris is very knowledgeable and helpfull
    I know it isn't part of the poll but I have found good deals by buying parts from other F Chat members. I bought tensioner bearings from one and a set of 16" wheels from another.
    I don't know what I would do if F Chat wasn't here. I would be up the well known creek without a paddle. The sponsors and the members have been very helpful in getting what I need to bring my Ferrari Rescue project to life.

23. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I've spent 183,000. with Car Store of Glenside.
    A 91 348 and a 99 550 Maranello.

24. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Brilliant! Although it's a bit more work for our already over-worked host (that's you Rob ;) I think it will be worth it in enhancement to our community.

Art may have some words to offer about a disclaimer/indemnification clause.

Best!
    Ben.

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Actually, it will be pretty easy to do. I'll look at implementing it over the next week.