How NOT to park a Ferrari | FerrariChat

How NOT to park a Ferrari

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by carlom001, Oct 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    #1 carlom001, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo

It happens to all car brands.
    But give the man a break. He will miss his appointment for a manicure.

3. Omegaelite

Omegaelite Karting

Sep 11, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jesse Harfield
    If you add up the value of all the cArs in the car park that day it was probably less than the value of the 488. So maybe hes got a point parking like that as when i park the other side of the car park in the 458, miles from anybody else every bloody time i come back from the shops and i have a car either side of me when theres 200 empty spaces. Hearding instinct.

I have been guilty before of parking in two spaces but i paid for two tickets. Spoke to the parking attendent and he was cool with it. Nobody banged my doors that day.

4. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Weird that the car in the news has a solid red roof whereas the one in his alleged Instagram has a factory black roof; Not sure if its the same car and hence the perpetrator.

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The problem with taking two spaces in a public parking area is that while you reduce the chance for door dings you substantial increase the chance of having your car keyed. Door dings are usually easier and less expensive than having the whole side of a car keyed.

I have always tried to park on an end spot and away from other cars and get a little extra exercise walking to the store. Also keeps you away from errant shopping carts which are always a issue in congested parking areas.

6. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    doesn't matter. he admitted to the act.
    as for not the same car: he has more than one ferrari, he has roof wrapped, he took picture of dealer's car, etc.

7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Great way to make someone want to **** with your car.

8. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    i would do that at the back of a lot with no cars around

the cost of a ding repair is just enough to be under my 1000 deductible so yes i would park this way but only as long as i didn't inconvenience anyone else

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #9 amenasce, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2016
    If you are that worried, leave the car at home. You are just being an entitled ass and making all exotic and expensive car owners look bad.

10. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    No I will continue to do as I please. Why don't you stop worrying about how my parking MY ferrari makes YOU look.

Retard.

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #11 ylshih, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Knock off the personal attacks.

12. tobewiser

tobewiser Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2015
    Acworth, GA, USA
    #12 tobewiser, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    There's nothing more tale-telling than one's action in public. Taking up more space than necessary or than anyone else only conveys the (lack of) ease with which the owner feels about his priced possession when flaunted in public. The action, even when misguided with innocent intent, is an invitation for disdain because it begs the question of one's cavalier attitude towards public resources, hence the grossly under-developed sense of fairness to others.

I witness this type of behaviors often in cities such as Shanghai and Dubai where 'rich' people feel more entitled than the 'common' folks. That's one of the major reasons why these countries (China and UAE) are considered third world - where rich (or poor) people lack civility and considerations for others. Adding self indulgence (i.e., driving an expensive sports car) to the mix certainly takes away any positive impression the owner may hope to convey. Being 'rich' takes more than just wealth; the lack of civility makes an otherwise 'wealthy' man look 'poor.'

13. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I also hate it when people do that. At work I park far away to get exercise like randkin and other nice cars started parking next to me. Now we have a "performance row".

I also park far away (in a single space) at the store. My dad used to do the same until an errant shopping cart got him: he was so far away that it had a chance to get up a good head of steam. Moral of the story: park uphill of the carts!

14. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Once you “have made it” now is the time for a little humility creep into your demeanor. The self-indulgence of driving an Fcar is enough. Ones exhibition of entitlement causes resentment in others. Any envy of others toward the gorgeous Fcar you drive is far offset by the disrespect to others you have displayed by the demonstration of entitlement IMO.

15. adci

adci Karting

Oct 3, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    AD
    #15 adci, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Randy I'm having a hard time with this. Is driving a "gorgeous Fcar" necessarily an "exhibition of entitlement" and "disrepectful"? How?

Why would the "time for a little humility" not include before you "have made it"?

17. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    yup this sanctimonious politically correct rhetoric is really making the $2000 bottle of wine and 32oz of kobe beef steak i just ate at midnight not sit so well in my 32 inch waist that i've had since high school

excuse me while i go park this way in a handicap spot now and partially block the wheelchair ramp... hey i said PARTIALLY they can still get by... relax!

18. tobewiser

tobewiser Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2015
    Acworth, GA, USA
    Having to 'loudly' tell others how much each of your possessions costs means you do care what others think.

There's nothing politically correct about having respect for others, especially in the case self-respect!

19. Omegaelite

Omegaelite Karting

Sep 11, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jesse Harfield
    Some of the posts on here come across very self righteous. I think as Ive got older, Ive just stopped giving a *&^*&^%*& about others. Rich poor male fermale....If there not family or friends, couldn't care what they think or what's going on in there lives. I give plenty to charity to help people that really need it. But I don't drive a Ferrari to flaunt it. I drive a Ferrari because it sounds nice, drives well and I can enjoy it and it makes me smile. No other car gave me that experience. But I don't want it damaged. I paid a lot for it, and I don't want some idiot whether there in a Bentley or a Nissan micra to dent it. So I park across two spaces miles away from others (literally with no cars around me) so no *&^&*^% can damage it. As when I don't some idiot parks either side despite there being no other cars for 300ft. And I couldn't give a monkeys backside what they think about me for doing that. I don't feel entitled. I certainly feel better than anybody. I just couldn't care less about them, there lives or what they drive, whether they are happy sad or indifferent. Does that make me selfish probably. Do I care. Nope.

20. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    +1

21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Boogie - I actually am pretty much anti political correctness but I am not in favor of being rude either. I try to be respectful of others as I would like them to be respectful of me and my property. By using only one parking space for my Fcar or Pcar I believe I am being respectful of others right to use public parking space.

Perhaps while one is trying to “make it”, one is trying harder to show others that you “have already made it”. Which then becomes unnecessary once one has actually “made it” – what do you think, maybe not so much?

22. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Didn't mean to be self righteous. Just point out by taking two spaces some one is far more likely to **** with your car especially in a public parking facility.

23. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Wise words ToBeWiser !

24. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    #24 boogie, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
    I agree it's a ****** move to take two parking spaces.

On "making it," I've never directly tried if "making it" means "making money." I've always wanted work that I like and how lucrative it is has been an important but secondary motivation. I've never been interested in impressing others through material possessions. But that's just me. I see your logic clearly with those that seek to impress.

I recently bought a 458, my first exotic. So much fun, way more than I thought. Fun to drive. But just as much, people seem to appreciate it, especially kids and kids-at-heart who are into cars, which is a lot of us. I love the attention. So far I've seen mostly appreciation and a shared interest, not jealousy. My view of humanity has improved.

25. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Someone door dinged my 458 coupe.

$150 later you couldn't see ANYTHING. I would point to the exact spot where the ding was and no one could see it.

Its just metal.