How NOT to park a Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How NOT to park a Ferrari

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by carlom001, Oct 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    This "debate" will never end. If it's your car, park however you feel like. I park in 1 spot far away from othe cars. You wanna park in 2? Fine, it's your risk, not mine. I don't necessarily think the way YOU park your car has an impact on the way the world looks at ME. That's kinda my own responsibility.
    That said, I do personally scoff when I see people taking up multiple spots. Especially when I see it at a hospital.

2. Alex L

Alex L Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2010
    MI
    Full Name:
    Alex
    lol...:rolleyes:

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I think they thought you were serious with this kind of post and not just joking. Almost got a Child Please.

LoL

4. serlen

serlen Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Sunny Isles Beach,FL
    #30 serlen, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Soundcheck

Soundcheck Karting

Oct 10, 2015
    River City
    #31 Soundcheck, Oct 12, 2016
    I don't blame the two parking stall parker. It's a right of any luxury car owner to take all measures necessary to save a pristine vehicle from the wrath of Costco customers. In a perfect world there should be a high end section within every parking lot so that luxury car owners can park together and not have to worry that an elderly driver of a POS Jetta will park next to you and teach you about the laws of physics :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    I park my Ferrari at Costco with no problems. Just go at a time where the parking lot isn't full like the 405 at rush hour and park away from the door. Simple.

7. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    LMAO Hilarious!! I'm looking forward to th days of "differentiated parking."
    Hey, what happens if I drive my wife's minivan and park it in the high end section? Am I permitted to use the high end section because I have multiple high end cars, but didn't drive one for whatever reason? Or am I banned because the vehicle I chose is mainstream, thereby ignoring the innate respect I carry for cars (where me parking a Honda there is probably safer to the other cars than some dude in a Lambo with regular doors showing up).
    There are some details to be worked out here, but I think it shows promise. We could certainly just re-allocate some of the millions of unused spaces used for disabled people.

(My post is a joke).

8. adci

adci Karting

Oct 3, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    AD
    #34 adci, Oct 13, 2016
  9. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    Most of our ferraris are not museum pieces but production cars that are meant to be driven. If you think your ferrari is a museum piece, keep it in a museum. All door dings are fixable.

10. adci

adci Karting

Oct 3, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    AD
  11. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
  12. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    More importantly than the Maserati parking, how about we talk about your Minivan shopping problem :D

13. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Parking any car that you really like and want to keep pristine in high traffic parking areas is a bad idea. When people are in a rush you will inevitably risk dings or even a bashed body panel. Mixing your protective instincts for your baby with high traffic areas, parking or driving is counterintuitive at best. Repairing dings are a pain even if they might actually work. You are not waving a magic wand. If you are picky about your baby, be it a honda civic or fcar, don't take it to high traffic areas, own a beater that is still fun to drive and use that for places where you don't want to take your baby.

My 2 cents' worth. ;)

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just use it, park smartly i.e. at the back, not as close as possible, or even better, near other higher priced vehicle. Any eventual door dings just get it sorted at next service or whatever...it only takes a couple of days at best.

15. adci

adci Karting

Oct 3, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    AD
    Simply buy a minivan to park at the mall then park next to every time.

16. adci

adci Karting

Oct 3, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    AD
    Love that video !

17. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    +1 Pretty much exactly what I practice. My 03 CL55 with 200k on the clock is my DD.

18. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    I'm glad someone gets Internet humor.

I think I was channeling the spirit of a younger Denis Leary character on freedom of choice in a politically correct society:

I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of BBQ ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I wanna run through the streets naked with green Jell-O all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future...

And the future could be you self righteous politically correct cookie cutter plain vanilla do the right thing propped up puppets of a very boring holier than thou society.

Yes I think I'll continue to do as I please thank you very much.

19. Speedracer800

Speedracer800 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    #45 Speedracer800, Oct 18, 2016
    Then sometimes you do everything correct and walk out to this.

I took my DBS to the dentist office for a Saturday morning appointment expecting the parking lot at the office complex to be mostly empty on a Saturday of course and parking to be a non-issue. I was correct and not a car anywhere in the lot.. Great!

I parked on the very end of the row and what you can't see in this photo is that to the left of my car is the "driveway" through the lot so no spot on that side. You may notice how I cheated the car over that direction to give more room on the drivers side.. Just incase an idiot in a minivan or something showed up.. Well..right on cue.. Apparently minivan needed a cleaning too.

20 years ago I would have sat and waited for this mouth-breathing idiot and removed his teeth free of charge.

Kinda makes a guy wanna take up 3 spots..

20. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Uh...so? They were likely admiring your car. It looks like they also parked a proper distance away, anyway. The inhumanity of some people!

21. Speedracer800

Speedracer800 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    #47 Speedracer800, Oct 18, 2016
    I walked out imaging the sliding door flinging open and a heard of kids and soccer balls falling all over the side of my car. There's a special place in hell for people who park right next to you in an empty parking lot.. Regardless of what you're driving.

Thankfully, more often I return to this.. As I'm sure most of you guys do.

22. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A lot of people find it easier to park next to a car than to line up to painted lines on the ground (not everyone love to drive - most people only do it because they have to)... in this case they have left plenty of room and in the unlikely even the car park does fill are preventing some other muppet parking next to you :)

^
    This :)

23. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Ok, that makes more sense. I tend to forget that half the children out there are allowed to run around like feral little apes.

24. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    this was priceless
    i'd like to think that guy just had a good sense of humor rather than intending ill will