How to adjust Safety Label (Capacity/Tire Pressure Label) in Glovebox - 308 GT4 | FerrariChat

How to adjust Safety Label (Capacity/Tire Pressure Label) in Glovebox - 308 GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by dyerhaus, Dec 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    I've seen a number of 308 GT4s where the Safety Label (located on glove box door) has changed position - usually looks like it has slid up a bit and is no longer evenly aligned with the mirror. Of course, it should be evenly aligned with the mirror.

Anyway have any tips on how to adjust this before I start trying to discover how to do it? I think it's attached via some sort of adhesive, so I'm assuming a hair dryer might do the trick.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Kent Dellenbusch likes this.
  2. s219

s219 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2021
    So that is due to gravity and time? I’d be inclined to leave it alone if it’s what really happens with age.

I’ve had luck with old labels by using a hairdryer to release the original adhesive and then putting low-tack painters tape over the top so you can peel the label off without damaging it. But it’s still risky and still hard to reattach. The old adhesive may be dried and brittle and would no longer respond to heat in that state.

I’d probably leave it alone and consider it charming.

Rosey, Kent Dellenbusch and dyerhaus like this.
  3. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Mine was not so evenly dislodged so I removed with the help of a razor blade to lift an edge and WD40 on a Q-tip to dissolve the adhesive little by little until the label was removed. Cleaned vinyl with acetone and used contact adhesive to reapply.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

dyerhaus likes this.
  4. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Is it a thin metal? If so, I'd have someone point a hairdryer directly on the label (low heat) as you take a long piece of 50# fishing line (loop it around each index finger a couple of times for stability) and start under one corner while slowly pulling (while articulating the fishing line back and forth or left & right) to loosen the back. Then the clean up afterward. I'd pay close attention to the vinyl or leather to ensure it does not become too pliable or shrink during this process. If it does, I'd stop.

dyerhaus likes this.