How to become a driver. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How to become a driver.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tw1nturb0, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    As soon as you wrote "Then buy a used SCCA race car with log, and have all the fun you can afford". I knew you were a racer. And a smart one at that.
    Good advice.
    I'm actually thinking about becoming a Stationary Engineer, I'm kinda half way there. I'd make 60-65k to start and I would work at the biggest hospital in the province {The first place I would look}, but there aren't any nice tracks here. So I think I will hold off on that untill I move to a place where I can race on a couple of tracks.
    I just love racin'!

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Ha Ha Ha, that's hilarious!! LOL

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    That's the other thing I cant believe. In Nascar they don't car about little things like tenths of seconds in the pits or maxing fuel to the last drop. If I owned a team in Nascar, I would have to micromanage everything that happens. There seems to be so much waste, in every aspect.

4. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Any advice on how to do that Tifosi69? Do you have an uncle in F1 or anything?
    Help me out.

5. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Nah, if you are Joe Gibbs there is no need to do that. Have him eat MORE and put him on the offensive line!

Sorry for the OT, living near DC, it is impossible to escape Redskins stuff.